Wrestling Forum banner

Sheriff Austin

2231 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  dxbender
According to WrestlingINC.com WWE has trademarked 'Sheriff Austin'. Could this mean we will see an angle with Austin and the Annonymous General Manager. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/0303/537085/tna-impact/
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,724 Posts
All Austin would have to do is unplug the computer. End of feud. Not much of a feud.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
or he could be the sheriff in the cole vs lawler match
Since Michael Cole gets to choose the referee, why the hell would he choose Austin. It would make sense for him to choose Riley.

Then again, logic isn't WWE's strong point.

· Registered
496 Posts
Hmm, they did have Sheriff Austin before but I guess it'd make sense for Austin to be the GM or something along those lines. I just hope that whatever it is, they do it properly and logically.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
It could be something to do with Taker. The Last Outlaw nickname that Taker is using creates a nice context for Austin to come back in that role. Then again, it might be something they meant to do years ago and the timing is coincidental.

· Banned
5,215 Posts
Could be related to his (Austin's) role @ Tough Enough... The Sheriff/Host gimmick of that contest...

Then again it could be related to his ref role in the Cole - King fight as reported/spoiled by the Wrestling observer
Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole, Special Referee: Steve Austin
Cole’s trainer Jack Swagger will be in his corner.

· Registered
5,515 Posts
he is coming back to referee cole v lawler

Cole will be in ring and announce that the special referee is........and nothing will happen

then GM sends email saying that michael cole is wrong and in fact he struck lawler and should be fired. However he is going to let cole off on one condition. The GM picks a neutral referee to make things fair....stone cold steve austin!

· Registered
4,644 Posts
Austin involve in Cole Fued is a waste.Austin should involve in Orton vs Cm PUnk fued which austin could give these guys a huge rub especially Orton by Orton accidently Punt Stone Cold and Cm PUNK take advantage of that for his revenge.

· Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Austin involve in Cole Fued is a waste.Austin should involve in Orton vs Cm PUnk fued which austin could give these guys a huge rub especially Orton by Orton accidently Punt Stone Cold and Cm PUNK take advantage of that for his revenge.
Trust me. They dont need anymore 'rubs'

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
What sense does Austin being a ref make sense? Its most likely Jimmy Hart.
I see Jimmy being Lawler's manager. As far as Austin goes, yes, Cole wouldn't be expected to pick him but it's not hard to come up with a good reason. Let's say Cole comes out next week and calls Lawler to the ring again to make the announcement. Lawler interupts him, something like 'before you make your announcement I have one of my own' and then brings Jimmy Hart out. Cole, knowing that it's now an even contest (because while Hart can't do much to Swagger he can hurt Cole, should Lawler get involved with Swagger on the opposite side of the ring), needs a referee who will take no shit from anyone and one name immediately springs to mind.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.