Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Shelton Benjamin is once again in talks with WWE to return to the company … only this time he isn’t unknowingly injured while doing so.

For those who don’t recall, Benjamin was advertised as returning to Smackdown Live following the WWE Draft last year … but a shoulder injury derailed those plans and his deal fell through.

However, as we previously reported, Shelton was officially cleared for action back in March.

The next month he tweeted, “Let me clear this up now. I am not signed to @WWE. I never signed due to injury. While that could change, as of 4-16-2017 I am a free agent”

Our sources tell us Shelton’s deal isn’t done quite yet, but things are heading in the right direction … so he’ll more than likely appear on SD Live once it’s finalized and creative plans are in place.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/shelton-benjamin-in-talks-wwe-return/#.WUiOtGjyvct
If they've got plans for him, I wouldn't mind a Shelton Benjamin return. If he's just gonna hang around to put over lower midcard guys, no thanks.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Shelton in his prime years was a very capable wrestler, but a perennial midcarder.

I wonder what he's like at 41.
42 next month and coming off serious long term injury.

His run on the Indies and Japan was disappointing so I don't see him offering much at this stage. SD doesn't have time to feature Dillenger, Harper or alpha so where would Benjamin fit in?

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
He could fill out some depth on SD

·
Registered
31,932 Posts
I'd much rather have MVP than Shelton the last thing needed is another guy who can wrestle but isn't an interesting character. We have enough of those at the moment. He had a solid run and I enjoyed him during his initial Raw singles run, with the HHH mini feud, HBK hitting him with Sweet Chin Music while he was in the air, and the ladder run up it's not like he provided tons of good moments, promos, or matches.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
About bloody time! :cheer I had actually given up hope at this point.

Reactions: Nolo King

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I'd mark out for a Mr Kennedy return, just for the promos this guy is gold.

MMMISSTTTAAAAAAAAAAA KENNNNEDY

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
When is he not in talks?

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
as people have said, I doubt hes going to be as good as he was but would be great to see him again.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Shelton Benjamin in a stable with American Alpha ? Hell yeah!

They lost all their momentum. It could be something to bring them back on top.

I know he's a little bit old but let's not judge before we see him in the ring!

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
I would rather him not. I want to see Tye and others that there isn't enough time for. A 42 year old Benjamin isn't needed.
Tye Dillinger sucks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts