Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To cut to the chase, they literally have nothing they can do with Sheaumus at this point until Triple H comes back and even that doesn't look like the guarentee that it once did. They rushed the guy into World Title contension and now he would look out of place if he were to feud with a midcarder, but there is absolutely no room for him in the main event.

The only way they can maintain Sheamus's credibility at this point while waiting for a program to open up is for him to squash jobbers with the occasional competitive match with a midcarder. The problem here is that it makes Sheamus look bad if he's the only guy squashing jobbers while every other main eventer gets a high profile matchup (this is of course assuming Sheamus is good enough maintain some heat squashing jobbers to begin with).

What the bloody hell can they do to maintain Sheamus's momentum at this point?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I think that's the problem a lot of times with the Royal Rumble build-up.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
ehhhh , i guess nothing, let him sqush some jobbers , i wouldnt know what to do with this program now , EC is comming soon so he will be there . maybe a Shemus , Miz , Alex Riley vs Orton , Morrison and fuck , no not the king again, see im swampt =/

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
The dude never really had momentum. Just keep him there like they've done with Kane all these years and he'll be good to go. Either that or turn him face and try to make money off the merchandise. He would at least be of some value then.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
They only bad guys that matter right now are Nexus and the Miz. I guuess he can fight Mark Henry in the coming weeks. I can't think of anyone else. Even Bryan is busy with Tyson Kidd.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If they wanted to, they could do a heck of a program between Sheamus and Daniel Bryan. Neither guy has a substantial angle at present.

In the red corner: Sheamus has bombed out of the world title picture and, despite becoming King, has now dropped several times to Morrison. He has size, strength and ring smarts, but is in a struggling patch right now.

In the blue corner: Bryan is a small, pasty technician with two hot girls and a title. He routinely outperforms for his size.

Sheamus focuses his frustrations on Bryan, seeing him both as an easy victim and an undeserving champion. Bryan just has to stick up for himself. Focus on Bryan having a prestigious title rather than Sheamus gunning for a belt below his old one, possibly elevating the belt in the process. We know they can do great stuff based simply on their old squash matches together. Maybe they trade the belt, maybe they go to time limit draws, maybe Sheamus can't beat him, or Sheamus finally catches and destroys him just in time for HHH to return for that program.

I pretty much guarantee it'd be better than what these guys wind up doing.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Sheamus is still a legit main event heel, its funny how once he starts wasting a little time with the "OH SO DESERVING JOHN MORRISON" he is all of sudden being considered booked horribly. fpalm

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sheamus is still a legit main event heel, its funny how once he starts wasting a little time with the "OH SO DESERVING JOHN MORRISON" he is all of sudden being considered booked horribly. fpalm
Yes he's still credible, but it doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have either any momentum nor someone to feud with. This isn't bad except for how obvious it is when compared to the other main eventers.

And note, I never said Sheamus was being book horribly. I'm just pointing out that he doesn't have any particular direction (outside from a potential HHH feud) and that he is in booking limbo.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Yes he's still credible, but it doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have either any momentum nor someone to feud with. This isn't bad except for how obvious it is when compared to the other main eventers.

And note, I never said Sheamus was being book horribly. I'm just pointing out that he doesn't have any particular direction (outside from a potential HHH feud) and that he is in booking limbo.
Just the fact that people think the man hasn't successfully run his heel character properly I know he was given a star push, but he has proven that he can generate the fan response that WWE wants him to get. But hey I guess ppl hit the fast forward button whenever Sheamus comes out, and have no idea what they are talking about.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It doesn't really matter how he's booked until AFTER the rumble because that's when things start to matter. He could be in wwe title match before rumble then afterwards all the way to WM, gets put in useless matches

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
His booking has been ridiculous at times. They are so hot and cold with him and recently, despite the KOTR win it has been more cold than hot. I'd like to see some consistency although I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
From next weeck they'll probably start with RR qualifying matches so we'll se him squash someone ^^

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
It's RR time so he doesn't need direction. Just squash jobbers and then cut promos on how he will win the Rumble (and name drop Triple H too)

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Only reason he won the belt was so that the Sheamus/HHH program looked like it mattered. HHH isn't gonna feud with a no name loser. He'd rather take a no name former champion loser.

Sheamus should have never won the title(S) like he did. And I like him.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I don't think anybody can complain about Sheamus' booking after his booking for the last 13 months or so

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
I like Sheamus and I hope he is in a more relevant role this year, what strikes me odd is that he can take out triple H but yet can get a win against Orton or Morrison, I mean Triple H is above these guys,right? So why would he have such a hard time getting a win.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Sheamus has really grown, and has won me over as a fan, which is why I'm sad to see him in this position. All feelings aside, however, what's happening to him now is the inevitable result of a forced push. Sheamus was shoved down our throats before he was ready, with little to no regard for the future. And they did it not once, but twice. Another example of how a ill-advised push can go awry is Jack Swagger, whose fallout from an untimely push left him rotting in Smackdown hell.

What goes up, must come down: It's a case of too much, too fast for Sheamus.

Reactions: Von Doom

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
This is the way it usually is around the Royal Rumble though as there are always several guys that appear to just be in streamline as they approach the Royal Rumble...not really active in the storylines at all and just seemingly having meaningless matches each week.

I think he'll start getting some direction either at the Rumble or just before or just after. Basically around the time of the Royal Rumble.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts