Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you think of this guy????? Lets ignore the HHH favouritism rumours and the amazingly rapid rise to the top. DO you like him as a credible top monster heel for the company???? Personally im not too impressed, i basically got tired of the - big mean foreigner with about 4 moves wholl beat everyone to a pulp and the get so much weaker after his reigns. Ive seen it too many times before.

·
HAIREH BAWWWWLS
4,558 Posts
I think he has good presence both in the ring and on the mic.

But it's a classic case of WWE catapulting a good heel to the top, giving him the title, and short-circuiting his future. Sheamus should have spent two or three years honing his class in the IC/US division, crafting some meaningful rivalries and developing a proper character.

Unfortunately, WWE is all about hotshotting these days. It's the hangover of relying on established stars and refusing to develop new main eventers in the mid 2000s.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
He's okay but a very cliché heel. Decent acting and decent mic skills. His ring ability isn't bad either but he is no way talented enough to have deserved the push that he got, then again, who really is? He's vastly over-rated.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I think Sheamus is great. I wasn't too keen when he first came and I thougth putting the title on him at the time was a massive mistake. But he won me over during his reign, and impressed me futher with his feud with Trips. His mic work has improved, and overall he's improved as a wrestler. I think he has fantastic presance both in the ring and out of the ring, his mic work is good and it catches your attention, he has a great look for a main eventer and is pretty good in the ring.

He's managed to be seen in my eyes as a legitimate main evneter now, and is my second favorite superstar in the company.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I actually like the guy, probably because he got de-pushed.Got so damn rushed into the event that it was crazy and a put off.

at least the ginger warrior is now earning his way up this time,although he is fighting a bunch of jobbers.. It kinda makes sense with Nexus around..

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
well apart from his too many limes, i love him, short pushed yeah sure but was still awesome to see him win the title. plus wwe needs new stars

·
Registered
813 Posts
My biggest complaint is that his gimmick is just way too overdone. We get it. He's from Ireland. Do we have to name every single one of his moves the "Irish _____", "Celtic ______", "Brogue ______"? I'd be curious to see if he really talks like he does, or if he over-exaggerates the accent for the sake of the gimmick.

Either way, this is 2010. Foreign gimmicks like his (or even Santino's) should have died with the late 80s/early 90s. It's just a crutch, and my guess is that it might be holding Sheamus back.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
As the posters above really. Couldn't believe how quickly he won the title. Didn't like him at the start but he really has grown on me with both his mic work and ring skills.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Unfortunately, WWE is all about hotshotting these days.
I agree that that's a serious problem right now, buuuuuuuut.....

It's the hangover of relying on established stars and refusing to develop new main eventers in the mid 2000s.

Even if we only define the "mid-2000s" as 2004-2006, all of the men above won their FIRST world championship during that 36-month span, and that doesn't even count guys winning their first world title in WWE that had won them elsewhere (Goldberg, Booker T). That's more first-time winners in a three-year span of time than at any other point in WWE history. Saying that WWE didn't try to make new main eventers during that period just doesn't make sense and isn't supported by the facts.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I agree that that's a serious problem right now, buuuuuuuut.....

Even if we only define the "mid-2000s" as 2004-2006, all of the men above won their FIRST world championship during that 36-month span, and that doesn't even count guys winning their first world title in WWE that had won them elsewhere (Goldberg, Booker T). That's more first-time winners in a three-year span of time than at any other point in WWE history. Saying that WWE didn't try to make new main eventers during that period just doesn't make sense and isn't supported by the facts.
:lmao And there you have it ladies and gentelmen. If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
He sucks. Mediocre on the mic, mediocre in the ring, no presence, and he's not intimidating in the slightest. He looks like Bozo the clown, it's impossible to take a guy like that seriously. He's just another case, with Orton and Batista, of Triple H having a terrible eye for talent and deciding to make a guy a star who never would be otherwise.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I like him. He's young, hungry, talented, pretty funny, solid on the stick, and damn good in the ring for a guy that big.

I see potential. However, the WWE royally fucked up by handing him the title so quikcly.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
He sucks. Mediocre on the mic, mediocre in the ring, no presence, and he's not intimidating in the slightest. He looks like Bozo the clown, it's impossible to take a guy like that seriously. He's just another case, with Orton and Batista, of Triple H having a terrible eye for talent and deciding to make a guy a star who never would be otherwise.
He sucks?He's one of the most promising wrestlers on the main event scene at the moment.I'd personally take him over Barrett anyday really.The only thing Barret has going for him over Sheamus is the mic skills.Sheamus is leaps and bounds ahead of him in ring skills.He's not intimidating in the slighest?:lmao I'd hate to run into him in a dark alley as the worn down saying goes.I'd describe his look as unique really.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I like Sheamus.

He was in the Main Event Spotlight for awhile so I guess this "de-push" or whatever you want to do call it has to do with that. I think he'll return to the spotlight soon enough. Going forward I think he's a great heel. I do agree though, he needs to add more moves to his palette.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
He sucks?He's one of the most promising wrestlers on the main event scene at the moment.I'd personally take him over Barrett anyday really.The only thing Barret has going for him over Sheamus is the mic skills.Sheamus is leaps and bounds ahead of him in ring skills.He's not intimidating in the slighest?:lmao I'd hate to run into him in a dark alley as the worn down saying goes.I'd describe his look as unique really.
Shave his head,tan him,revamp him and maybe,MAYBE,he could look intimidating

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Shave his head,tan him,revamp him and maybe,MAYBE,he could look intimidating
He's intimadating because of his ring style and his oppesing size.

Yes ,because a tan will make him all that more intimidating.:side:

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,079 Posts
I've always liked him, from his pre-WWE days to right now. He just keeps improving all the time and he's awfully hungry and wants to impress. Much better in the ring than he's typically given credit for, he's actually been involved in some of the better PPV matches this year (vs. Triple H at Wrestlemania, vs. Orton at Summerslam, his outstanding performance in the Six-Pack at Night of Champions, his HIAC match against Orton) and has been reliable on TV and at house shows as well. Has a good, well-defined character now, too.

If anything, Sheamus getting the insta-push was from the hangover of all of Vince's pet projects through 2007-2009 not named Jeff Hardy and CM Punk bombing or just not reaching the top for whatever reason (Kennedy, MVP, Lashley, Kozlov, etc., etc.).

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
He sucks?He's one of the most promising wrestlers on the main event scene at the moment.
And what does that say about the main event scene? The world champions are Kane and Randy fucking Orton. WWE's main event scene is a joke.

I'd personally take him over Barrett anyday really.
How unfortunate for you.

The only thing Barret has going for him over Sheamus is the mic skills.
And his look, more charisma, and the fact that unlike Sheamus, he actually has a stage presence. He commands attention, Sheamus doesn't. That's why Barrett is the top heel on the show, leading the biggest stable in years, in the biggest angle in years, and making the face of the company his BITCH, and Sheamus is playing with Tea like a schoolgirl with Santino and Kozlov, and getting his ass whooped by a midcarder every week.

Sheamus is leaps and bounds ahead of him in ring skills.
Sheamus isn't leaps and bounds ahead of anybody. He's still yet to put on a memorable match himself.

He's not intimidating in the slighest?:lmao I'd hate to run into him in a dark alley as the worn down saying goes.I'd describe his look as unique really.
No, he's not intimidating. He's big, but so what? How can you be scared of a guy who looks like a corpse? I wouldn't worry about seeing him in a dark alley because he'd project right through it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts