Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im a newby here so free free to slate me at will....

just wanted to ask an opinion of this guy... im irish, in fact im from dublin, and iv been watching wwe from when it was wwf from the age of 6. i kind of lost interest after the invasion storyline as it basically went to s**t from there on in.
i recently got watching again, having briefly watched bits and pieces here and there.... now.. this lad.. (sorry, fellah) is an absolute head melt.. his stage presence is worse then (please dont kill me for this) bret harts and his sudden uprise is more than to be desired...

worse thing is, he makes all dubliners look like idiots.. i cringe everytime i see him with a microphone.. i just wanna ask everyone else's opinion on him, as a wrestler and as an "actor"

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Seems like a lot of people like the direction the WWE is taking him. IMO, he's decent but not someone I want to see as a mainstay in the main event picture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i reckon he'll be gone soon... bit of a brock lesner

took edge about 10-15 years to get where he is

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nobody in ireland refers to anyone as fellah, unless its a girl talking about her boyfriend... MELT

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts
I am half irish and I love the guy. Becuase wrestling is fake, you should really be proud that the WWE chose an irish guy to be WWE champion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im not about to start any feuds here.. but half irish? haha

dude seriously, NO ONE ESPECIALLY IN DUBLIN calls anyone FELLAH... a girl will say, "me fella" or someone who doesnt know the person in question will say "ah that fella"

ya dont got up to a bloke and say "here fella" .. NO ONE... now before i get into a political event here, this is not my point.. i was happy to hear mr cole say "the first irish born wwe champion" as i support of local small time wrestling groups in dublin, but man i hate this potrayal of the irish.
tbh i think its the whole celtic warrior crap that annoys me

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts
im not about to start any feuds here.. but half irish? haha

dude seriously, NO ONE ESPECIALLY IN DUBLIN calls anyone FELLAH... a girl will say, "me fella" or someone who doesnt know the person in question will say "ah that fella"

ya dont got up to a bloke and say "here fella" .. NO ONE... now before i get into a political event here, this is not my point.. i was happy to hear mr cole say "the first irish born wwe champion" as i support of local small time wrestling groups in dublin, but man i hate this potrayal of the irish.
tbh i think its the whole celtic warrior crap that annoys me
When I go over to Dublin I hear everyone saying it, but you right, no need to get into a fight over shit all.

Anyway, its what the WWE do with most europeans wrestlers, they make them heels. Also why does the Celtic Warrior thing bug you? Yer its kinda of a slap in the face of Irish culture, but who cares it's only wrestling.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
i reckon he'll be gone soon... bit of a brock lesner

took edge about 10-15 years to get where he is
Edge debuted in WWE '98 and I highly disagree it took him to 2008 to establish himself where he is now...

Anyway on topic tho, I like Sheamus. Not so much to where he's one of my favorites, but enough to pay attention everytime he's on screen.

Plus his entrance theme >>> 90% of the WWE's entrance themes.

I'll be attending Survivor Series in November in complete Edge gear and title belts (I'm one of the biggest Edge marks in the world probably) but becasue of my previous statement about Sheamus' entrance and my current undying love for it :p...

...I'm gonna buy a green Celtic Warrior shirt if he doesn't have a new t-shirt out by then just to wear it when Sheamus wrestles that night. Also, I'll make a LOBSTER HEAD sign and hold limes up for the duration of his entrance. It's gonna be epic :lmao :lmao :lmao

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah.. it takes the piss out of irish myths that to this day are thought in school.. i mean lets say for example it was a cliche like "ken shamrock" id understand, although he wasnt irish, like most americans there all fuckin irish.. it mocks our culture, and im pretty sure im the only one that cares haha .. ah well this is just my opinion

there was a glimmer of hope with himself and the nxt storyline and cena, but alas, the storyline was to go another way, i get your point tho,
ahh il wait and see there maybe hope yet.. just drop the asshole "im irish and im brilliant" crap storyline... it will affect out touristism hahahhaha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Edge debuted in WWE '98 and I highly disagree it took him to 2008 to establish himself where he is now...

Anyway on topic tho, I like Sheamus. Not so much to where he's one of my favorites, but enough to pay attention everytime he's on screen.

Plus his entrance theme >>> 90% of the WWE's entrance themes.

I'll be attending Survivor Series in November in complete Edge gear and title belts (I'm one of the biggest Edge marks in the world probably) but becasue of my previous statement about Sheamus' entrance and my current undying love for it :p...

...I'm gonna buy a green Celtic Warrior shirt if he doesn't have a new t-shirt out by then just to wear it when Sheamus wrestles that night. Also, I'll make a LOBSTER HEAD sign and hold limes up for the duration of his entrance. It's gonna be epic :lmao :lmao :lmao
sorry i dont remember all the dates, i remember the brood, i was basing it on that... and i always remember edge being there.. take the rest that are at "the top" havnt been in that company as long.. thats was the point i was trying to make.. iv been watching since i was 6.. im 21 now... thats 15 years... hence why i said 10-15 years, edge has always been there, and well deservingly so!

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts
yeah.. it takes the piss out of irish myths that to this day are thought in school.. i mean lets say for example it was a cliche like "ken shamrock" id understand, although he wasnt irish, like most americans there all fuckin irish.. it mocks our culture, and im pretty sure im the only one that cares haha .. ah well this is just my opinion

there was a glimmer of hope with himself and the nxt storyline and cena, but alas, the storyline was to go another way, i get your point tho,
ahh il wait and see there maybe hope yet.. just drop the asshole "im irish and im brilliant" crap storyline... it will affect out touristism hahahhaha
Lol affect tourism. One thing is for sure though, I bet he gets a masssive pop when WWE visit Ireland. But yer I doubt he'll turn face anytime soon if ever TBH.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahh im actually lookin into seeing raw with ringside seats in the o2 in london in nov.. they very rarely come over here and when they do its the less desirable superstars.. then again, i would LOVE to see evan bourne in action..

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts
ahh im actually lookin into seeing raw with ringside seats in the o2 in london in nov.. they very rarely come over here and when they do its the less desirable superstars.. then again, i would LOVE to see evan bourne in action..
Lol yer my mate is going to see them in Manchester when they come over, thats the televised one I think. Hes trying to think of ideas for signs that will get him on TV. Yer I bet Bourne is great live. I know I would mark out to shit at the Shooting Star Press.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I can't stand him. There's absolutely nothing about that makes him stand out other than his pale ass skin and red hair. People cream their pants about him saying "fella" but majority of those same people get on everybody else when they cheer Miz. Sheamus is mediocre. That's all. Nothing more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dunno if the other English lads will agree for me, but where I'm from 'fella' is just interchangeble with 'lads','mate','son','cock'-(don't ask),'sunshine','love' - etc.

I like Sheamus, but I do think he was pushed too hard too soon, but there's no use complaining cos its already happend.He's in ring work is more than adequate and I find him genuinley hilarious in his mannerisms and expressions. Like when Nexus came out this week

"Alright lads! What do I owe the honour?!"

·
Ichi Bakayaro
9,086 Posts
I can't stand him. There's absolutely nothing about that makes him stand out other than his pale ass skin and dumb ass red hair. People cream their pants about him saying "fella" but majority of those same people get on everybody else when they cheer Miz. Sheamus is mediocre. That's all. Nothing more.
I must have missed the memo about your opinion becoming fact.

And you're actually insulting his physical appearance? :lmao You're either 12 years old or his angry ex girlfriend.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts