Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Punk over Sheamus

Votes: 17 56.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are the new wave of babyfaces in the main event and If these two were to face off, face vs face, who do you think WWE will have go over the other?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
The match will probably end in DQ, or count-out. If not, then I have no idea. Interesting question by the way!

·
Registered
520 Posts
It's not conceivable, we're literally speculating in a fantasy kayfabe realm and in kayfabe this face v face encounter is impossible. It would end in count out or no contest due to interference.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I don't know. I'm such a huge fan of both of them. They're my two favorite wrestlers in WWE today. So I would love to see it because in my opinion they're both more talented than anybody on the roster. It's so nice to see both are champions and main-eventers and yes, Punk is a main eventer. He might not be closing out the show because WWE won't let him but in some cases, main-eventing isn't always closing out the show. Luckily Sheamus does do this on Smackdown.

I would love to see this happen one day.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Kayfabe-wise, I think Sheamus would beat Punk in a match; although it would be a very close call.

If I look at it in a reality point of view, Punk is better than Sheamus on the mic, but Sheamus is better in the ring (just my opinion).

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Now you're speaking my language, would hope that these two get a GREAT booked feud, I will be rooting for Sheamus of course, but I like both guys regardless so I would just enjoy my dream match. I honestly believe WWE would invest a bit more in Sheamus and book him to prevail depending on the situation. Can't wait for this feud.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I think if you are trying to convince people that CM Punk is the "Best in the World", then defeating Sheamus would be the answer. This would have to be a match ends with Sheamus running out of gas. If they could push the idea that Sheamus seems to be tiring out, or looking more exhausted than Punk it could work. I think these two could tell that story in the ring. Sheamus is surprisingly solid in the ring. However, if the match is booked No disqualification, or is a match in a cage you give the win to Sheamus. It depends on the match type imo. I just can't see Punk defeating Sheamus in a cage, or in a No DQ match.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Sheamus simply because WWE are clearly making him their new poster boy behind Cena and would ensure he went over.

·
Ho!
17,871 Posts
Punk is the number 2 guy in the company, while Sheamus is number 4 or 5. In a clean match, if there had to be a winner, it would be Punk. Chances are it would just end in a no contest due to heels attacking both of them.

Though Sheamus might win because I think WWE wants to push him as the next "guy" while Punk is just naturally assuming that role over time.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
It would just have to be Sheamus winning. I cant stand Punk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts