Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you like better? Amazing how quickly the Batista void got filled. He was defacto the number 2 guy of the company for like 6 years and now he's gone and it isn't noticable at all. I think Sheamus is a big reason for that. He offers a lot of the same stuff Batista used to provide. Toughness, big muscle, impressive physical specimen, imposing presence and above all, charisma. Both are charismatic, yes. In their respectative ways, of course. Batista was more of a cool type while Sheamus' even geeky sometimes, I think he also probably has a gift for comedy.

What do you think? Is Sheamus the next Batista? Well, I'd say so. He's pretty much playing the Batista part right now. He"ll also make a great babyface, u"ll see, the whole Irish thing, Celtic warrior and all...he"ll loved as a babyface. Well, except in England I guess :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He'll never have the awesome entrance Batista had.
And he's not american, so he'll never be 'over' as much as Batista with the crowd.
He's got plenty of time to get a better entrance and being that he's a main eventer, it's one thing they"ll surely emphasize with him.
So what if he's not an American? Not a big deal nowadays. In fact it maybe is a positive, too.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I find Batista more entertaining on the mic, but Sheamus is far superior in the ring. He's already had more good matches than Batista has in his entire career.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i dont think he could ever replace batista

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Sheamus is clearly better in every area, but that's not an endorsement. He's average and Batista is gutwrenching. The company is better off with him than Dave, at least the product quality is.

Finding somebody to replace anybody isn't hard, unless it's John Cena and they even have ample time to do that.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I like both, and think the people on here under value batista, on his heel turn he was great on the mic and didn't get credit for it, and was ok in the ring

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Sheamus is clearly better in every area, but that's not an endorsement. He's average and Batista is gutwrenching. The company is better off with him than Dave, at least the product quality is.

Finding somebody to replace anybody isn't hard, unless it's John Cena and they even have ample time to do that.
You got to stop bashing Sheamus, Morrison, and Swagger every chance you get. It's really annoying we get it! As for Batista? Batista had more starpower, the history, a character development, stage presence, and was mroe charismatic than Sheamus. That's not a a knock to Sheamus as he has certainly grown on me. Sheamus > Pyro's bashing

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
You got to stop bashing Sheamus, Morrison, and Swagger every chance you get. It's really annoying we get it! As for Batista? Batista had more starpower, the history, a character development, stage presence, and was mroe charismatic than Sheamus. That's not a a knock to Sheamus as he has certainly grown on me. Sheamus > Pyro's bashing
Calling somebody average is considered bashing them? Shut the FUCK up.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Pyro™;8670944 said:
I don't claim to be a good one, I'm not.
That's fine I clearly didn't say anything wrong all I said was you don't need to bash wrestlers left and right, I'd like to see you do what thet do because its really hard work. Imagine you in front thousands of people talking on a mic and performing. The average person couldn't do presentations in school because of that feeling of stage freight. Anyway I say Sheamus is doing well for himself especially considering the roster has no depth anymore.

The only reason I mentioned the christian thing was because you told me to shut the F*** up and that's nto the way to go about things especially since its unwarranted.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
That's fine I clearly didn't say anything wrong all I said was you don't need to bash wrestlers left and right,
I WASN'T bashing him. I think I know a little better than you do when I'm bashing somebody.

I'd like to see you do what thet do because its really hard work. Imagine you in front thousands of people talking on a mic and performing. The average person couldn't do presentations in school because of that feeling of stage freight. Anyway I say Sheamus is doing well for himself especially considering the roster has no depth anymore.
So what if the average person can't do it? Roger Ebert wouldn't know how to act either. Most critics wouldn't match their standards, that's why they're critics. Just because I wouldn't be able to do something myself doesn't mean that I have to blindly love everyone when they annoy me, like you think I should do.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I don't agree with everything Pyro writes, and I think Batista's actually a little more amusing on the mic, but even I have to admit: since when is calling someone "average" (the word he used for Sheamus) considered bashing them? Christ on a bike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Batista from 06 when he returned from his injury all the way to late 09 whe he turned heel sucked. As a heel its pretty close to who's better but i'd have to say Batista Sheamus is still improving though. As a face I don't think Sheamus could be as over as Batista. So FOR RIGHT NOW i'm saying Batista

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I don't see how anybody can say Sheamus is better. Batista was over as fuck as the 2nd biggest star in the company since 2005, he was a draw in every sense of the word, he had plenty of good and great matches and as a face the fans loved him but he also proved he could play a awesome cocky heel earlier this year and even a badass heel in Evolution.

Sheamus is average at everything and wouldn't draw flies on shit without Cena or Orton or HHH working with him.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Given the time he's had in WWE Sheamus has been more impressive, but it would be hard to not be impressive if given the push he was

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I don't see Sheamus as a replacement to Batista, Skip Sheffield on the other hand is. But on the topic of who is better I'd say Sheamus is far better than Batista. Sheamus can really work and plays his part really well.

Sheamus is 32, been in the WWE for 1 year and already looks the part with that world title.
Batista was 36, having been in the WWE 3 years before he started to look the part of world champion material.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.