Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://zap2it.com/2016/05/wwe-sheamus-smackdown-live-brand-split-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows/

"Sheamus was recently interviewed by Zap2It.com to promote the new “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2” movie and during the interview, Sheamus talked about WWE bringing back the brand extension.

“I think it’s great. I think the brand split is good. When I came into WWE in 2009, I had a huge opportunity and got a huge push. It was fantastic,” Sheamus said.

When SmackDown moves to Tuesday nights on the USA Network on July 19th, the WWE brand extension will officially begin. Sheamus explained why having two rosters is so important to him and the other WWE Superstars.

“Myself and Daniel Bryan made it because of Smackdown.’We were doing two-minute segments on Raw before we moved over to the blue brand. To me, Smackdown is much more the wrestling style show. The great thing about Smackdown was when things were separated last time, a lot of guys were able to breakout,” Sheamus said. “We’ve got great characters and such a vast pool of talent that hasn’t really gotten the chance to shine yet.”

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Spot on, good to read. I've not heard many workers talking about the split, so I'm glad to hear he's for it in the same way I am and they're not sending their wrestlers out with things like "I don't think it will be too different, just even more of the hard-hitting action WWE offers" schtick.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
I think he's right, honestly. The brand split has the potential to give a lot of guys chances which they wouldn't get under the current regime. They just need to treat it like that, don't centre the brands around Cena and Roman and give some midcarders a fair shot.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Well, he isn't necessarily wrong here. Also, while one brand usually appears better than the other, I don't think that'll be the case this time. The roster of 2016 is hugely better than what it was in recent years, so it might actually work this time.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,027 Posts
Completely agree with him. Young guys get alot more chances after the brand split, and hopefully we can see a lot more talent utilized properly.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Hate to agree with Sheamus, hes 100% right, dunno why some people want WWE to stay like it's now, RAW never gonna improve at least in a decade... Smackdown maybe end turning somewhat decent plus we are going to have bragging rights back! one of the few good ppvs.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Very well put, he's completely right.

Although as someone else said, as long as they don't just put the title on both Roman and Cena and basing the shows around both guys. Smackdown should be the show to give new guys a bit of a push. It happened in 2009 with CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, John Morrison etc and it was a really wonderful show at that point. A good mix between the veteran wrestlers such as Mysterio and Jericho and the newer guys as mentioned.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Spot on. No matter what anyone thinks about the previous brand splits, they did quite make a few stars out of these splits. JBL wouldn't be able to be WWE champion for a year and we wouldn't get a shoot promo from Paul Heyman in ECW One Night Stand 2005 :D

Sent from my XT1033 using Crapatalk

·
Banned
6,190 Posts
He's right. I used to watch Smackdown almost exclusively back in the day. The brand split is very important; it allows the company to push more guys and provides an alternative if you don't like what you see on Raw. It also gives viewers a reason to watch both shows and it basically writes itself in terms of the draft/brand war storylines.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Very good read

1 - 13 of 13 Posts