Wrestling Forum banner

Do you agree with that post?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, right now i'd like to post a little bit about the WHC Sheamus. Well I'm starting to at least tolerate him as a face, (he's much better as a heel though), and I see some promising attributes. He is really intense, and gets me interested, it's fun to see him get beat down by ADR and Ricardo, and I do like his finishers, they are high impact.

The thing that stops me from putting Sheamus in my Fave 5, and what has propelled ADR above and beyond him, is that he is boring to watch for 90 percent of the match. I just can't watch his matches. His bruiser style does not make for entertaining TV because he never changes it up, his mobility has decreased by a ton, and he seems to just fucking kick and slam people now, I want to see more variety.

Well that's all, leave a vote if you agree or disagree, and please leave a comment below.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
i skip most of his segments because creative never gave me a reason to care about him
Sheamus has been poorly developed as a face. This isn't entirely his fault though. He rarely loses, which I could get behind, if while winning he made the heel look credible in the process. However, due to overprotective booking, any heel that gets into a feud with Sheamus is destroyed. This is why Smackdown doesn't have a top heel and why Sheamus isn't as over as he should be as a top face. The crowd expects that he will win, so when he does they can't get excited about it.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Sheamus has been poorly developed as a face. This isn't entirely his fault though. He rarely loses, which I could get behind, if while winning he made the heel look credible in the process. However, due to overprotective booking, any heel that gets into a feud with Sheamus is destroyed. This is why Smackdown doesn't have a top heel and why Sheamus isn't as over as he should be as a top face. The crowd expects that he will win, so when he does they can't get excited about it.
i am not blaming him at all... well maybe a lil bit because his promos do feature the word arse a lot which he says for the cheap pop and thats annoying the fuck outta me

other than that creative didnt do anything with his character which again makes me not care about him and the fact that he wins EVERY time makes me care less for his matches too because i always know the outcome

i would only watch it if it is against someone i like and when i know its going to be good

·
Registered
979 Posts
While he needs a little work on the promo side of things, I quite like his brawling style and he absolutely has a fantastic look. On looks alone, he's a credible WHC and his in-ring skills add credence to that imo. Tweak his promos a little and he could be another face of the company.

I say 'another', because we can't just have one if WWE wants to be a success again. In the AE, we had SCSA, Rock, Taker, HHH, Vince himself, and PLENTY of credible midcarders.

Now we only have Cena, Orton and Punk (Sheamus nearly there) with a few decent midcarders.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I skipped his match against Kane. Even at x32 it was slow as fuck.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I like him because on PPV,he always give us awesome match.his matches at Extreme Rules and Over The Limit were AWESOME

1 - 7 of 7 Posts