Wrestling Forum banner

Sheamus NEEDS to beat Daniel Bryan @ WrestleMania

5950 Views 70 Replies 48 Participants Last post by  rcc
It seems like the current angle between the two is setting up for a US title match @ Mania. Who else thinks Sheamus needs to beat Bryan at Mania for the title? The guy has lost almost all of his credibility since winning KOTR in November, and he needs SOMETHING to build him back up.

Besides, by the time Mania gets here, Bryan will have held the title long enough (7-8 months), and I think alot of people will be ready for him to drop it to someone else.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
819 Posts
As much as I dislike Sheamus and want him off my TV, from a management perspective yes he has to go over at Wrestlemania. If the WWE ever want to make something out of this guy he has to gain some credibility.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Why should he? Bryan is vastly his superior, I see no reason to give a clown like Sheamus the win.

I can understand if the idea is to have Sheamus get bogged down with the US title and Bryan is allowed to move higher, but if that's the case, let Sheamus win the rematch. He doesn't deserve a WrestleMania win.

· Registered
984 Posts
Give Sheamus the win, but make it a good long match with Daniel giving Shemaus the biggest run for his money match he's ever had. Multiple kicks outs, exhaustion and close calls. Then have Daniel get serious in his promos (american dragon) afterwards and continue the fued for another month, then bring in a 3rd person around month 2 or 3and have a 3 way fued build up for the belt at summerslam.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Unless he's being gradually turned face via one of WWE's favorite methods, i.e., losing streak/"loss of credibility" angle. Or being prepped to be traded to Smackdown, where he'll be rebuilt like Punk and Edge when they were both traded between brands in the early fall.

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Ah, another "oh, poor Sheamus" thread. No, Sheamus doesn't NEED anything - he's already been given far too much already. He's losing credibility because management have finally woken up and realised this bloke is a busted-flush... mid-card level talent at best. It's just a shame he got to taint the biggest, most important title in the business first. Like Pyro said, Bryan is better and whatsmore the fans actually give a shit about him, so why should Sheamus go over? So he's a two-time WWE champ? Big deal, both were fluke wins and nobody really took him seriously as a believeable champ anyway. The Sheamus experiment has failed - and good job too.

· Registered
96 Posts
in wwe size will always be the factor so im doubtfull of bryan gettin a whc shot for a while, sheamus winning isa different story, he needs to get back on track is the us title really that important that it will change his direction though

· Registered
103 Posts
Why should he? Bryan is vastly his superior, I see no reason to give a clown like Sheamus the win.

I can understand if the idea is to have Sheamus get bogged down with the US title and Bryan is allowed to move higher, but if that's the case, let Sheamus win the rematch. He doesn't deserve a WrestleMania win.
Your hatred for Sheamus is staggering. I've concluded that you're just a smark when it comes to the guy. Therefore, I take absolutely NOTHING you say about Sheamus seriously.

· Registered
1,934 Posts
If the US title was a lot more relevant than it is, than yes, with the current way that Sheamus is going he would need a win. But as others have mentioned Sheamus is already a two time champion and King of the Ring. Compare that to Daniel Bryan, and it's evident that Daniel Bryan would need a win if they want to establish him better.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this match, if it even happens.

· Registered
8,606 Posts
I agree, give it to Sheamus. I'm a little tired of Bryan anyway.
Sheamus might do something to the belts appearance as well if he wins.
Change the flag on it or something, might be interesting.
Plus lets face it, Bryan running around with Gail Kim & The Bella's hasn't been great, give him something else to do.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Your hatred for Sheamus is staggering. I've concluded that you're just a smark when it comes to the guy. Therefore, I take absolutely NOTHING you say about Sheamus seriously.
OK, good, and I care about your worthless approval for what reason exactly?

What's even dumber then thinking that your opinion means something to me, is that the part that you highlighted didn't even include a specific criticism of his abilities. Great post! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.