Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one a little confused with this angle? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now. For the past three weeks, Morrison has came out and costed Sheamus matches, kicked him off the stage and kicked him out the ring and we still don't know why. There needs to be some kind of explanation as to why he's gone after Sheamus. It doesn't help that at the same time Sheamus/Santino are having a feud but not feud.

I hope that they get Santino out this feud asap since it needs to step away from the comedy stuff. They had a staredown after the attack this weeks so I presume they might begin their feud properly now. Next week they NEED a promo explaining things. I would say that Morrison wants to get noticed or something, and is going after one of the biggest heels on RAW to do so, while Sheamus is trying his best to ignore him. Or, he could just say he's sick of Sheamus taking his frustrations out of others in a similar feud to the Orton/Kofi one last year. Just something to make it make sense would be nice.

Also, Kayfabe wise, Sheamus is pretty damn stupid. First he has an embarassing loss to Santino caused by Morrison and he still goes after Santino, then he gets kicked off the stage by Morrison and still goes after Santino. How can you ignore a kick to the head that sends you off the stage? And how is he not expecting Morrison to make the save by now? :confused:

Since it's taken a while to get going, I would hope they continue it over two PPVs. That's the only way it's going to help Morrison (If that's even what they want) but still...I look forward to what I guess will be a Morrison/Sheamus match at SS.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Nail on the head for me. As far as my memory stretches, Santino and Morrison have never feuded or been friends, now all of a sudden Morrison is somewhat picking on Sheamus because he's doing it to Marella?

It's fucked up, could be a decent enough feud if they explain WHY exactly it's happening.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,084 Posts
I hate how stupid this angle is making Sheamus look. He's like the cartoon dog Willoughby asking each week after Morrison fucks him up, "Where did he go, George, where did he go?"

Even if you're a big Morrison fan (and I know NJ88 is), the way they've written this, the only way it can end is with Sheamus and Morrison tearing the house down at Survivor Series with Sheamus defeating Morrison in the end. It's the only way they can book it with Sheamus being made to look so dumb from this whole storyline.

Some sort of 'extreme' match between the two at TLC could be fun, with Morrison picking up the victory, Sheamus destroying him afterwards, drawing Triple H back right then and there...? (I always figured Trips would return at Survivor Series to close his feud with Sheamus out at TLC, though.)

In short, they're trying to use Santino's "overness" to translate to getting Morrison more over, but I don't think it's working.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Aside from John Morrison Sheamus has nearly pissed himself laughing with Santino on a number of ocasions. It's quite funny to watch just for that!

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate how stupid this angle is making Sheamus look. He's like the cartoon dog Willoughby asking each week after Morrison fucks him up, "Where did he go, George, where did he go?"

Even if you're a big Morrison fan (and I know NJ88 is), the way they've written this, the only way it can end is with Sheamus and Morrison tearing the house down at Survivor Series with Sheamus defeating Morrison in the end. It's the only way they can book it with Sheamus being made to look so dumb from this whole storyline.

Some sort of 'extreme' match between the two at TLC could be fun, with Morrison picking up the victory, Sheamus destroying him afterwards, drawing Triple H back right then and there...? (I always figured Trips would return at Survivor Series to close his feud with Sheamus out at TLC, though.)

In short, they're trying to use Santino's "overness" to translate to getting Morrison more over, but I don't think it's working.
I agree, I think Sheamus will win at Surivor Series and I don't mind that at all, as long as it ends up with Morrison getting some kind of positive from it. They need to make it less obvious by having him get the upper hand next week though. But as long as it goes over two PPVs and Morrison gets some kind of victory I'm all for it. I also thought of Trips coming back after Sheamus tries to dismantle Morrison after he wins at TLC (Maybe) it wouuld make sense storylinewise after all the Morrison saves! I'm kind of predicting another Trips/Sheamus match at Mania tbh.

Also, Morrison has been pretty over since he push against Jericho a couple of months back. Santino is probably being used to help this, but since he's been involved, Morrison hasn't really been in the position for which we can judge how over he is since he's been on TV for about three minutes ever week.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I want them to do a scene where Sheamus chases Morrison backstage after Morrison interferes one time too many, but Morrison uses his parkour to escape, then gives that weird ZOOMFACE to the camera.
Dramatic zoom shots and hair flicks aplenty, I'd love it.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
This is probably one of the dumbest angles I've ever seen. It just, baffles the mind. Why hasnt Sheamus killed Morrison yet? And why the fuck is Morrison doing this? For the lulz?

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
It's not going anywhere, they're clearly just stalling until Triple H comes back. Otherwise they wouldn't be doing the same finish with Morrison saving Santino EVERY week. Whatever miniscule pay off this angle has for Sheamus, it's going to be booked at the VERY end of it. As soon as Sheamus gets his hands on Morrison, Triple H returns.

That said, I hope Triple H never comes back so this angle can keep running, week after week with no payoff. Sheamus is exactly where he should be, as a comedy character, because the only thing he's good at is being laughable.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
this is a really annoying feud i agree. and its making santino less and less likeable everyweek. yes his gimmick is that he is an idiot but he is also a quite over babyface. running away from sheamus offering his wallet, being to scared to fight and then celebrating after a low blow when nobody in the crowd was cheering is just not good. i really think the writers are losing the plot. theyve done the same thing for 3 weeks now with no progression.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
This is probably one of the dumbest angles I've ever seen. It just, baffles the mind. Why hasnt Sheamus killed Morrison yet? And why the fuck is Morrison doing this? For the lulz?
Oh please..

People are acting as if this is new to the WWE? It happens all the time, Mark Henry comes out to help John Cena randomly but when Henry himself is getting his ass kicked, Cena's nowhere to be seen. The same goes for R-Truth; he randomly comes out and makes the save sometimes for no reason.

I know it's stupid that Morrison is attacking Sheamus without much motivation but it happens all the time so it doesn't hugely bother me. I'm just glad Morrison is getting exposure. Even though i'd like to see this feud actually develop rather than repeat itself over and over again.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
It is a stupid angle that is honestly probably going to go nowhere, but I'm not complaining. At the very least, we finally have an actual midcard feud, as random as it may be.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This being one of the stupidest feuds ever makes it the best ever because its so stupid

I guess its a filler feud for two guys that need something to do and I think thats good
But bottom line its just giving them something to do until The Game comes back for Sheamus and until they find something else for Morrison

The funniest thing is they can both benefit from this feud especially if they put on a good match, which I think they will.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I think WWE are just being lazy here, they don't put too much effort into this angle and lean heavily on Santino's big popularity hoping that it would also boost Morrison's crowds reaction more. In theory it sounds great but in reality that doesn't seem to be the case, because everytime Morrison saves Santino from Sheamus the reaction he gets isn't really loud, the crowds always cheer louder for Santino instead. It's a really shame, i was hoping WWE would take this storyline seriously so Morrison can finally break the glass ceiling. Maybe they should turn this way around, they need to reduce Santino's involvement in this angle and they need to have faith on Morrison to take the bigger part in the storyline and keep the focus solely on the tension between Sheamus and Morrison because so far the crowds only want to cheer for Santino, not Morrison, and that's not a good thing.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Nail on the head for me. As far as my memory stretches, Santino and Morrison have never feuded or been friends, now all of a sudden Morrison is somewhat picking on Sheamus because he's doing it to Marella?

It's fucked up, could be a decent enough feud if they explain WHY exactly it's happening.
how you know morrison and santino have never been friends? :confused: They could be friends backstage and talk all the time. You do not see them 24/7 so how do you know this. They probably are friends why else would he be helping santino.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts