Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To avoid Sheamus becoming another corny Superman babyface you think he should do an I.R.A. style gimmick?

·
#StayClassyWF
1,092 Posts
Are you serious? Why would WWE go for something so controversial just to avoid Sheamus becoming a new 'Superman'? What makes you think Sheamus would want to be associated with the IRA?

·
Registered
194 Posts
No.

'Nuff said.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh dear.

For two countries (in Northern Ireland and Ireland) who are attempting to stop sectarianism and bigotry between catholics and protestants (personally, I don't care about that stuff), I'm sure they would both have something to say which could ruin the WWE markets over here/there.

Plus I don't know how giving Sheamus an 'IRA' terrorist gimmick would get him over. Sheamus would sure as hell refuse to do it, and rightfully so.

#ThreadClosed

·
Registered
299 Posts
Coming from someone from Northern Ireland here, I'm going to say no. It'd be extremely offensive to anyone effected by the IRA/paramilitaries in general. My life hasn't been directly effected by paramilitaries and I can even say I would stop watching WWE if they did that.

It would be like giving someone a 9/11 involvement gimmick. You just don't do it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
that would've been great in the attitude era, but i doubt the WWE wants to have a superstar whose character advocates terrorism.

Coming from someone from Northern Ireland here, I'm going to say no. It'd be extremely offensive to anyone effected by the IRA/paramilitaries in general. My life hasn't been directly effected by paramilitaries and I can even say I would stop watching WWE if they did that.

It would be like giving someone a 9/11 involvement gimmick. You just don't do it.
surely the IRA isn't as evil as middle eastern terrorists? now i'm not irish, and i've never been to ireland, but from what i know about the IRA is that they're basically fighting for the liberty of the northern part of ireland which is under british control. don't get me wrong, i don't condone what they're doing, because at the end of the day they're terrorists. the 9/11 attacks were an unjustified massacre of thousands of people. extremists targeted americans indescrimantely. doesn't the IRA mainly go after the british military?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

cos he's irish he should play a member of an irish terrorist organisation? You know what Jinder Mahal should have a suicide bomber gimmick while we're at it. He should hide make-believe bombs around the backstage area and have backstage segments having bombs going off to kayfabe injure other superstars.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I can see it now. Shaemus planting nailbombs outside John Cena's house, or murdering the small children that follow him. He then starts killing the lower card and burying them stood up in unspecified locations to deny the families the bodies. He can then start setting up car bombs to take out the WWE directors. Then he can steal a van, plant explosives in the back, park it in Stamford ring the police with a code word, be intentionally vague about the location and let the police clear the public right into the path of the bomb in the mistaken belief that they are bringing down the potential casulties

I can't imagine the WWE PG era doing it. Nor should they, it's a pretty disgusting idea. Mods, please close this thread. It's going to get majorly offensive very quickly.

·
Registered
345 Posts

cos he's irish he should play a member of an irish terrorist organisation? You know what Jinder Mahal should have a suicide bomber gimmick while we're at it. He should hide make-believe bombs around the backstage area and have backstage segments having bombs going off to kayfabe injure other superstars.
that would make a great family guy episode. that's why i love family guy. nothing is "too far" for them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
surely the IRA isn't as evil as middle eastern terrorists? now i'm not irish, and i've never been to ireland, but from what i know about the IRA is that they're basically fighting for the liberty of the northern part of ireland which is under british control. don't get me wrong, i don't condone what they're doing, because at the end of the day they're terrorists. the 9/11 attacks was an unjustified massacre of thousands of people. extremists targeted americans indescrimantely. doesn't the IRA mainly go after the british military?
It's a whole mess that's not worth going into. Between the IRA and the opposing paramilitaries there's a lot of pointless fighting going on constantly.

I was trying to make a comparison that Americans/anyone really outside Ireland who may not understand the IRA situation would understand, just on a larger scale really.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
that would've been great in the attitude era, but i doubt the WWE wants to have a superstar whose character advocates terrorism.

surely the IRA isn't as evil as middle eastern terrorists? now i'm not irish, and i've never been to ireland, but from what i know about the IRA is that they're basically fighting for the liberty of the northern part of ireland which is under british control. don't get me wrong, i don't condone what they're doing, because at the end of the day they're terrorists. the 9/11 attacks was an unjustified massacre of thousands of people. extremists targeted americans indescrimantely. Doesn't the IRA mainly go after the british military?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's a whole mess that's not worth going into. Between the IRA and the opposing paramilitaries there's a lot of pointless fighting going on constantly.

I was trying to make a comparison that Americans/anyone really outside Ireland who may not understand the IRA situation would understand, just on a larger scale really.
that makes sense. since i'm not irish or live in ireland i can't really comment on the IRA, i was just curious.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.