Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Orton suspended as you probably all know, that leaves a no.2 spot in the Smackdown roster. So has Christian practically become the no.2 babyface behind Sheamus?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
That's how I'd do it. You lose very little by simply bumping Christian into Orton's spot. It might also boost the IC Title in the process. The problem becomes how to fill the next tier, because Smackdown was thin in the face department already. Sin Cara, possibly, since he's back just in time.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
There's nothing wrong with making Christian look more stronger and have him in the main event matches on Smackdown. But WWE is not smart so it will probably be all Sheamus all day for a while. TOO MANY LIMES! TOO MANY LIMES! 18 SECONDS!

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Christian is already the #1 babyface for me no matter what Sheamus do hes targeting the kids not me.Of course there must be some adults that like him for whatever reason.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Yes, and that's the correct role for Christian. Christian fits exactly what Smackdown was missing, a strong #2 babyface in the midcard that can make the midcard heels look good, while being able to work main events when needed. Christian's in a great position right now.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
This is really a no brainer, that is the correct ranking there sir.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The smark in me says Christian should be #1, but the businesswoman says #2 is the best we can hope for already and we should be happy with it. Christian let's face it never needed to be the top guy to be happy or satisfied with his work and I'm sure he's a future Hall of Famer. He works well as a heel or face in midcard, upper midcard or even the occasional main event. His utility makes him perfectly positioned for #2 position.

That said I still wanted to see him get a huge push right after Edge retired and he picked up the belt.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Too bad they ruined Christian’s momentum when he could’ve been No.1 on Smackdown when he just won the World Heavyweight Championship for the first time. But of course they decided to scratch that phase and turned him Heel for absolutely no reason.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
It would be a good move for Christian but this loss of Orton for Smackdown is more reason for them to either beef up Smackdown or end the brand split altogether.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
The best thing about Randy Orton being suspended is that with Christian now as a face again he now has 60 days to show exactly how great he is and that he should always be a major part of SmackDown rather than an afterthought as he was before getting injured. Anyone who watched the period in between Elimination Chamber and WrestleMania 27 last year could see that Christian overshadowed everything in the Edge/Del Rio feud and Christian/Del Rio was so much better. After that Christian then pulled out the best feud and series of matches that Randy Orton has had in a few years before helping cement Sheamus as a face.

There was so many people going on about what WWE were going to do because Edge had gone but the reality is as an all round in ring performer i'd take Christian over Edge because of the fact Christian can play a face as well and is very over when doing so. Despite the fact Randy Orton is a HUGE player in WWE and has a lot of backstage power WWE simply can't push him hard again upon his arrival and i can see him going through what Jeff Hardy did back in 2008 where he spent a few months in the mid card which would then see Christian maybe even get around five to six months as number two babyface on SmackDown and maybe a World title run but at the least i'd expect him to face whichever heel takes the World title from Sheamus.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
How long til Sheamus and Christian are best buds and in tag team matches and their whole feud from before Christian got injured is forgotten?

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Or WWE could just use Punk to appear on Smackdown and be it's de-facto #1, as a matter of fact Punk will close the show this friday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts