Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the more lauded happenings at the SummerSlam PPV was the tag team of Ambrose and Rollins taking the tag titles off of Sheamus and Cesaro. It was obviously a feel good moment for a section of the audience but quite frankly just yet another bad step at trying to improve the legitimacy of the tag division.

Let's see - Sheamus and Cesaro worked for almost an year after their tag team's formation at creating an aura, an image around their tag team, they gave great matches against a variety of opponents and were now, finally looking like a tag team who were there for the long haul, a tag team that can ascend to the status of a one of note and become a respected name in the annals of tag team wrestling history. So, what do they do? They feed them at the very first instance to two individuals who didn't even trust each other one week prior. What a waste. No build up for The Bar, no nothing.. just Ambrose-Rollins doing their love-hate-love thing on every show with Sheamus and Cesaro waiting for their turn to get buried at the eventual PPV, it almost felt like it was some sort of a feud between Ambrose-Rollins with The Bar, the actual tag champs being non factors in the conversation.

It's not even the worst thing. The worst thing is that Ambrose and Rollins would eventually leave for the main event and by that time they would have probably run through every tag team that is actually a perennial participant in the tag team division while they're nothing but just a makeshift feel good tag team used to give these main eventers a downtime from the main event scene.

No wonder we don't have iconic tag teams anymore and probably never will.

·
Banned
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They've been losing matches for months. Losing to Ambrose and Rollins is a lot better than to Gallows and Anderson
Gallows-Anderson are two individuals who are actually part of a legitimate tag team, and have been for years. Them losing to two individuals who didn't even trust each other one week prior to the PPV is just a nonsensical occurrence which should have never happened if you're actually serious about the legitimacy of the tag division.

·
Registered
982 Posts
It's typical of what the WWE does since years. They don't care about anyone except the guys they push and as a result, you have wrestlers doing good matches since a whole year but they don't have any character, any good promos, any momentum. They are just part of the background for when they push their favorite guys

·
I will make something truly astonishing!
4,218 Posts
Shield over everything. That's how they've been booked for all of their tenures.

Even though it's only semi-shield they're still more powerful in kayfabe than any other tag team.

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts
I'm not exactly sure I want either guy to be stuck in tag team purgatory. Even though they are both fantastic tag workers (Cesaro especially), I think they both deserve solid singles runs.

·
Banned
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not exactly sure I want either guy to be stuck in tag team purgatory. Even though they are both fantastic tag workers (Cesaro especially), I think they both deserve solid singles runs.
Tag team purgatory is still much better than mid-low card purgatory where you aren't even be guaranteed proper weekly screen time. Atleast with the tag division, Sheamus and Cesaro were carving a nice little niche for themselves, getting proper screen time and being able to form an identity as team. Unfortunately, it's all gone now it seems because a couple of main eventers needed a cooling down period.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Who says you need to be champions all the time? Just don't split them up, have them be constant challengers and let them win back the titles now and then. Problem solved.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
I would much rather see Cesaro and Sheamus no longer together. Sheamus should be feuding with Finn Balor. Create a fictional story for them both that goes back to their native land. Remember this is a fictional show, these writers are allowed to make things up. Nothing has to be true. Lol.

Cesaro should be reunited with Ohno. At first, Cesaro should be hesitant considering the shape Ohno is in. Then, once Sheamus turns heel and attacks Cesaro for even considering about getting back with his old tag team partner, Ohno steps in and makes the save. I would have Ohno ringside pleading for Cesaro to reform their team.

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
Don't forget Sheamus & Cesaro won the tag titles off of New Day, after they held on to them for the longest ever tag title run in WWE. HUGE rub there and the team had only been together for 1-2 months, if that (I don't recall, total guess).

Then, sheamus & cesaro won the titles off the Hardys, arguably the most popular tag team in WWE ("E", era after WWF) history.

sheamus & Cesaro have been given a lot. Dean and Rollins have main evented more PPVs during the past few years and are higher priority to WWE. Sheamus & Cesaro didn't get squashed and still look good. I'm incredibly in favor of this story and booking and disagree with OP.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
No one is higher than the shield (WWE thinks). I think we're gonna see EVERY tag team in the company jobbing to Ambrose-Rollins until they break up.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Shield always win, fuck good booking or stories.

Reactions: Shenroe

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,407 Posts
Not sure why people are acting like they have been buried? Sheamus and Cesaro whilst not main eventing have been booked reasonably strong in the tag division. I would have had the Shield lose just at Summerslam and win the titles at No Mercy but the SHIELD were one of the most dominant tag teams in their run so kayfabe wise them beating Cesaro and Sheamus makes sense.

·
Banned
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure why people are acting like they have been buried? Sheamus and Cesaro whilst not main eventing have been booked reasonably strong in the tag division. I would have had the Shield lose just at Summerslam and win the titles at No Mercy but the SHIELD were one of the most dominant tag teams in their run so kayfabe wise them beating Cesaro and Sheamus makes sense.
It's not just about win or loss. Just look at how insignificant Sheamus and Cesaro have felt in this program.. the entire program is revolving around Ambrose and Rollins, not a single segment was used to contribute to the build up of Sheamus and Cesaro towards their match at SS. It also seemed like a formality for them to meekly lose the titles, it was embarrassing for a tag team which had worked it's way to becoming a tag team of note for the past 1 year.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
They weren't going to hold the belts forever. Just hope they don't split them up, maybe have them wrestle some singles matches in the short-term but stay a team and they can get the belts back when they so the split and a the turn with Ambrose/Rollins

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.