Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
\m/
23,689 Posts
Becky is always amazing, she's the best in the biz right now and probably could make a heated feud out of a potatoe.
She's truly the best and you'll see how this feud which seems bad/dull on paper will end up being very heated on the way to Mania.

·
FOTC
10,493 Posts
The line, "I'm going to beat the shit out of you" was very effective because you have someone who has been portrayed as a bad ass being warned by a legitimate bad ass.

Faces rarely tap out to heels, but when it happens it makes for a big moment. Shawn Michaels tapping out to Kurt Angle at WM 21 was definitely shocking. If Becky taps out to Shayna at WM 36 it needs to be a slow, dramatic ending.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,125 Posts
It was trash. Shayna lost nearly half of her cage fights. I'm not sure how everything is laid out perfectly.

And Becky just seems like she's trying too hard now. I don't buy the act. Stealing the ambulance, those stupid glasses, and that bag of money just scream try hard to me.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Shayna is someone who could really use a manager. She looks & wrestles menacing but the second she opens her mouth it ruins it for me. Silent assassin with a manager doing the talking for her would be much better.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,778 Posts
I guess the promo was taped. So kinda pointless to debate that.
On the other hand: at Survivor Series Shayna did taped promos which were pretty weak, so regarding that it was a progress.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I liked it, but one thing I will say is she sounded so much like Bayley when she tries to cut her heel promo’s. I would have liked Shayna to have someone speaking for her just to back her up but that can still come. Maybe ask Ronda to record some stuff to package in, I trust them to keep building this up towards Mania. The context of the promo sold it for me, and I’m liking the feud.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I thought Shayna came off horribly. She bragged about cage fighting (but wasnt any good in MMA) so why should I expect her to win in the Chamber?

How the hell do you tear the shit out of someone??? Beat the shit out of them or tear their head off...

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I can't recall an opponent becky has had in the last six months. I seriously can't. That's how memorable they were. Let's be glad this isn't gonna be a rematch with Asuka, whom we never had any idea what their beef actually was. Let's also count our blessings, that at least at this point, it's not a triple threat.
Becky's faced nearly every woman on the roster during her reign. If you can't remember them, then perhaps the problem is the champion's reign itself.

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
926 Posts
I thought Shayna came off horribly. She bragged about cage fighting (but wasnt any good in MMA) so why should I expect her to win in the Chamber?

How the hell do you tear the shit out of someone??? Beat the shit out of them or tear their head off...
You sound like you actually never saw her in a cage. She did tear the shit out of legit mma women , she could do much worse to Lynch.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,061 Posts
Shayna is everything Becky pretends to be. Can’t wait till she beats her at WrestleMania.

I don’t get how anyone can buy into Becky’s tough guy act. She is just a very poor imitation Conor McGregor. Her throwing the money was just more proof of that. I think she will get exposed during this feud.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Shayna is great and a breath of fresh air for this boring women’s division. Can’t wait for her to destroy Becky and spark some life back into her act.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Not really sure I see the the promo being gold like everyone else. Why, because she cursed? It was a decent promo, it was her first for RAW main roster. Wasn't bad, but wasn't anything special. She'll get better I assume.

Now what people should be more concerned about was Becky's promo. She's running on fumes now, just playing off of "I can say any old thing and crowd will love it" arrogance. That promo was completely nonsensical.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Honestly, I can't say i'm overly interested in this feud. Shayna's promo sucked before she said the word shit and now people act like it was good because she swore. Becky's was below her high standard.

Forcing a Rocky 3 story out of Becky's current arc is fucking stupid. Becky finding her confidence was the best thing to ever happen to her. There's a reason why the lasskicker was never as over and was never pushed like Relentlass and The Man were.

Rocky was the ultimate underdog/good guy. Character wise, Becky's better in anti-hero and heel roles.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,701 Posts
Jesus. Throw an S-bomb in there and everybody gets all hot and bothered.

If you think Baszler has mic skills, I simply can't help you. She is beyond robotic, even when she's stating a simple fact like her line about her cage fighting background. The fact that she looks like one giant human knuckle probably doesn't help matters.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Shayna has always been good on the mic. Shes more natural at it Ronda. Then again heels majority of the times have the best material and lines to work with.

Think the Shayna hate mostly comes from her matches are all the same. Doesnt help she's not good looking to look at.

What confused me was why did Becky turn to the camera and say "Ill be rooting for at EM" i guess Shayna was no longer on the screen?

·
Registered
229 Posts
You sound like you actually never saw her in a cage. She did tear the shit out of legit mma women , she could do much worse to Lynch.
I saw Shayna's mma fights, she may be a pioneer of women's mma but as a journeywoman, her skills were never elite level.

Also, I still don't know how you "tear the shit out of someone"? The implication being that she's gonna reach up their colon and pull the shit right out?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I wouldn't call it gold, but it was a good segment to build for their WM match.

Shayna's always been pretty comfortable on the mic, she's no Becky or Alexa but she still better than a lot of other people on the roster. Although, her NXT promos did come off more natural. The only real issue I can see with Shayna's promo skills is something she has no control over, the fact her voice doesn't match her appearance. But, that not something new for the WWE.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts