Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,766 Posts
Everything involving Becky is gold. I like how she brought out actual cash for her promo. And Shayna's delivery was great. I thought it was awesome. I can't help but think though that WWE had Shayna say "shit" on live TV just to keep up with AEW's "edginess", now that they are pushing the envelope past the norm over there. They never have their stars curse to that extent, but now it's all good? lol

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
-The first part of the promo was good.

-Shayna's promo was meh until the word "shit" was said. It created a moment that made it seem more serious.

-Becky's ending rebuttle after Shayna's part sounded very forced and rehearsed with the mic drop. Nothing authentic feeling about it.

overall assessment was Becky's delivery on parts of the promo were well done (not GOLD) but I can't buy into her character. She's not believable enough to be playing the character she's trying to play.

·
\m/
23,690 Posts
Really liked the segment and good work by both Becky and Shayna. Becky continues the trend of turning feuds that looked dull/bad on paper into something good (if not great) and heated. Props to Shayna as well, of course. Looking forward to what they do next. I think they will take things a bit slow until after EC and then kick things into high gear over the last month before Mania.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
People actually liked that? Becky's over here doing prop comedy and teasing a feud with ronda ( which got no reaction lol) and Shayna sounded like she was just reading off a script wasn't threatening at all. The last part was ominous enough though so at least that part worked

·
Team AEW
2,920 Posts
It wasn't gold, as the matter of fact I thought it was a little bit cringe-worthy. I like her character, I just don't think she can deliver the live promos without rehearsing or double-takes. They should've done some video package on her instead.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I can't recall an opponent becky has had in the last six months. I seriously can't. That's how memorable they were. Let's be glad this isn't gonna be a rematch with Asuka, whom we never had any idea what their beef actually was. Let's also count our blessings, that at least at this point, it's not a triple threat.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Someone cursed on WWE TV it must be gold. It was okay at best. Shayna is very awkward to listen to and there never feels like there is any authenticity to anything Becky says(admittedly I am slightly biased as I don't enjoy Becky's "The Man" act but it doesn't feel like that's who she is and IMO she isn't a good enough actress to pull it off.). It was successful in creating some more tension between them but also kind of telegraph's the Chamber(even if you don't read newsletters and websites) with Shayna attacking her last week and now this exchange.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
First time I hear a promo of Shayna...it's like if her voice doesnt fit her lol, sounds more girly than I tought, found it average but the cage fighter portion or the promo was good.

·
IRAN #1
2,311 Posts
Shayna comes across as very legitimate, her promos are always great and believable.. Shayna is going to have to carry this feud for me because i don't usually dig Becky programs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
.....and then the bell rang......

The match is going to be ugly. You got Becky 'Clunky,awkward' Lynch in there with Shayna ' Cant run ropes cos her knees are so fucked' Dracula. I cant wait!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
It felt like they took the night off tonight and settled for less. The money prop didn't really add any intrigue. They are taking their sweet time to build a blood feud.

Going a Rocky 3 direction with Becky is bad because it undercuts her message while telegraphing a tragic ending.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I was OK with it.
It's easy to have a 'good' promo when it's pre-taped and probably re done 20 times. I don't trust Shayna's ability to give a proper live promo yet, and neither does WWE, apparently.

Becky is always amazing, she's the best in the biz right now and probably could make a heated feud out of a potatoe.

I just wish they spent the past year introducing and building up her opponent for WM instead of bringing up a NXT competitor here in mid-February. WWE has their hands full trying to promote Shayna and Rhea as legit, real competitors for the two stars (Becky and Charlotte) prior to WM.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts