Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
What an asinine display. Is Becky so invulnerable that people have to bite the back of her neck to get her attention? Seriously? Shayna's a pretty big girl, she should be able to throw around Becky with ease ( something that hasn't happened to her yet) and it would serve the same purpose. Matter of fact, it would've worked better.

But regardless, it was done, AEW was one upped for this week. If you insist upon doing mudshow shit, end the show with that shit so her crimson smile is the last thing we see. Why the fuck would you let Becky recover and talk shit over the duration of that show? What purpose did that serve?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
This was retarded. The overdone fake blood, Becky's selling of it and then shortly after her no selling it.

Complete trash. MINUS 5 stars.

·
Registered
22,576 Posts
I've seen a lot of mixed opinions on the angle.

Let me state the negatives. The amount of blood was ridiculous. Becky probably wouldn't be alive if she lost that much blood. And honestly I don't even think they needed the part where Becky came back later in the night. Save it for next week.

That all being said I like the direction they went in if the idea is to make Shayna ultra violent. Make this feud ultra violent. I've heard people say "but Shayna's a bad ass, she should have just choked Becky out." OK, as someone who's watched NXT in the past 2 years, that would have been so cliched and boring. Do you know how many times I've seen Shayna come out, choke somebody out, and leave? Probably hundreds. And it got old a long time ago for me.

You combine that with how I honestly don't think Becky and Shayna are a good match for each in the ring on the main roster, I was not looking forward to this feud. Now? Sure they went over the top, but this at least has me thinking and guessing on what could happen next. It has me intrigued about how far they could go with this. And to me that is far better than making this feud every other Shayna feud I've seen in NXT.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,645 Posts
It looked fake as fuck. I can't suspend my disbelief for that shit.
And that is the thing which made it so much worse. The "vampire" comparison on commentary turned it into ("§F%§&"§.

I don`t know why they give Shayna the big reign and the two sidekicks in NXT, just to throw her legitimacy out of the window for a short joke. I guess people backstage had doubts on Shayna coming over on herself on the mic, so they try this stuff.

Also, I don`t get why people defend this stuff or suggest, that Shayna could come out of it. Shayna`s clock started ticking very loud, when she did that fake stunt. Sure, doing such a stunt is an option, but they could have done it much easier without that NXT stuff before and they could easily taken someone else for that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Loved the debut of Shayna. And Becky's finish on Asuka was Rock Bottom? :D I think it was nicely executed.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,818 Posts
Loved the debut of Shayna. And Becky's finish on Asuka was Rock Bottom? :D I think it was nicely executed.
yeah it was weird that they didnt do the Bexploder.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
And that is the thing which made it so much worse. The "vampire" comparison on commentary turned it into ("§F%§&"§.

I don`t know why they give Shayna the big reign and the two sidekicks in NXT, just to throw her legitimacy out of the window for a short joke. I guess people backstage had doubts on Shayna coming over on herself on the mic, so they try this stuff.

Also, I don`t get why people defend this stuff or suggest, that Shayna could come out of it. Shayna`s clock started ticking very loud, when she did that fake stunt. Sure, doing such a stunt is an option, but they could have done it much easier without that NXT stuff before and they could easily taken someone else for that.
I mean they had thousands of people talking about how they weren't looking forward to this match, how Shayna is boring in the ring, the SS match was a dud, etc,. The WWE hears all this. But they still have a plan pencilled in and try to get there regardless of interest at this point, and unfortunately for them Shayna's buzz began to dissipate a few months before they were about to start the feud with Becky at Survivor Series.

I thought Shayna might beat Becky at Mania, but after all this, I'm leaning more towards Becky retaining. I think Rhea will be the one to win at Mania instead.

·
\m/
22,620 Posts
I thought Shayna might beat Becky at Mania, but after all this, I'm leaning more towards Becky retaining. I think Rhea will be the one to win at Mania instead.
I am hoping this is the direction they go with. I wouldn't mind Charlotte putting over Rhea, it would be good but Becky losing to Shayna? Ugh.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I can't say I'm really surprised with the many negative reactions. It's a good opportunity for the Becky haters to jump on something new. Plus, it's different and surprising, and as much as some people talk about wanting new things, and more "Attitude Era" content on modern WWE programming, what they really want is the bland product of the last 10+ years.

Perhaps just so they can jump online and play "Wrestling Critic", perhaps because that's just what they're now accustomed to.

Personally, I thnk RAW was better than the most recent episodes of SmackDown AND NXT this week. Almost everything that happened had a purpose, and drives a story forward. The Aleister Black wheel-spinning squash matches are annoying, but otherwise there was very little to complain about on RAW.

The biting and the blood was more "Attitude"/"ECW" than anything we've seen in forever, and I enjoyed it a lot.

·
FOTC
10,327 Posts
Becky coming back to address Shayna makes a bit more sense now because she did the Wrestlemania press conference in Los Angeles. Perhaps that was part of the reason they did it.

The biting angle actually makes their match at WM more intriguing. Becky will either thwart Shayna's bite attempt (like she did with the green mist) OR she will lose because of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So what if its "stupid"? You're watching pro wrestling. The very concept of pro wrestling is pretty "stupid" if you wanna get all intellectual about it.

If Shayna would have just choked her out it would have been, "ho hum, whatever." Now EVERYONE knows who she is and is talking about the segment. Sometimes going over the top for shock value is a good thing. Again, the only thing I didnt like was the amount of blood, it looked like she cut a damn artery and it definitely wouldnt be something Becky would be able to just walk off and say shes fine from. Besides that, it was awesome.

Its a TV show. It ain't a real sport. Loosen up. Have some fun with it.
Sorry for only just replying now, It’s not only stupid in the sense of that ( I will be honest in saying I do tend to look at things in a more sporting sense than I probably should, there are things that annoy me far more) but still, who bites people like that? To me it’s weird and something adults should find odd.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts