Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,383 Posts
Alright I have to admit that was the most well executed debut from Shayna Baszler when she attacked Becky Lynch but after was like holy shit and what the fuck just went straight Dracula/Gangrel on her neck?? Are they giving her a vampire gimmick which I hope not but man was Becky Lynch leaking then she steals an ambulance. What are your thoughts on this?? Looks like Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler feud has begun!
I think this was the best thing they could have possibly done. Everyone has the perception that Shayna is boring. Well, what better way to debut her to the RAW audience than with something outrageous like a vampire bite? It got everyone talking. Gangrel was trending on Twitter. Kids weren't alive during The Brood days. This is huge.

The only thing I didn't like was Becky overshadowing her moment by taking the ambulance. She has to look stronger than Reigns, which is completely silly. Even Reigns stays down for the night when something devastating happens to him.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I liked it. As someone who doesn't really watch NXT apart from youtube clips, it gave me a good first impression of Shayna. She was dominant, intimidating and the bite has made me curious about her character and want to see more. As far as WWE are concerned, that's exactly what they want.

I would be surprised if they made her gimmick a vampire though, I seen this as WWE showing us how crazy Shayna can be, almost cannibalistic rather than OMG she's a vampire. Overall I thought it was good.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
1,923 Posts
I thought it was one of the worst segments I’ve ever seen, even for professional wrestling standards this was awful.

Just having Shayna choke her out would have been fine.

The biting the neck/fake blood was beyond corny. Jesus Christ that shit was embarrassing.

For that much blood, half Becky’s neck would have been gone and she’d have bled out in minutes. Instead she goes full super hero, refuses medical attention and steals an ambulance for some odd reason.

Just an overall shitty segment that really insults the intelligence of the fanbase.

Shayne looks like an absolute joke.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Biting is used a lot in pro wrestling to be fair, watching NJPW the other day Mox and his opponent traded bites at one point in their match. The thing with this is the blood, its as if she tore out a piece of her flesh with the amount of blood there was.
She 'did'. That is what people are missing with the segment, it wasn't simply Shayna bit Becky, it was made to look like she tore a piece of flesh from Becky's neck, hence the amount of blood and the way the referees at the ring were reacting.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
So, we'll either have Gangrel return to manage Shayna, or Shayna will go full lesbo and start giving the women hickeys, or it'll just be another meaningless idea that somehow got past editing. Probably the last option, but if Gangrel returns, might as well have Sahyna feud with Edge, because equality, women empowerment and all that jazz. Though I'm genuinely intrigued at how they manage to surprise people with the stupid shit that they do, but their booking is as predictable as the next sunset. I mean, why can't get also have a good idea every here and there?

·
Premium Member
9,654 Posts
The only thing I didn't like was Becky overshadowing her moment by taking the ambulance. She has to look stronger than Reigns, which is completely silly. Even Reigns stays down for the night when something devastating happens to him.
I would rationalize that that Becky will always feel like she has a chip on her shoulder and she will go above and beyond "the golden ones like who are booked super strong" to prove that point. I'm starting to see a lot of similarities between Becky and Cena's booking btw. Cena would have done exactly that.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
The first segment was awesome. I did not like they had her come back though. They cannot have her sell THAT for a week? Especially since it was just a promo, not actual followup.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,080 Posts
She bit her, who bites people, (don’t bring up Tyson) out of every move and possible scenario a person could have used in that situation, she bit her on the back of the neck. It’s fucking stupid.
So what if its "stupid"? You're watching pro wrestling. The very concept of pro wrestling is pretty "stupid" if you wanna get all intellectual about it.

If Shayna would have just choked her out it would have been, "ho hum, whatever." Now EVERYONE knows who she is and is talking about the segment. Sometimes going over the top for shock value is a good thing. Again, the only thing I didnt like was the amount of blood, it looked like she cut a damn artery and it definitely wouldnt be something Becky would be able to just walk off and say shes fine from. Besides that, it was awesome.

Its a TV show. It ain't a real sport. Loosen up. Have some fun with it.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Shayna was already damaged goods coming into this feud and this won't make it any better. Shit's corny. I guess they felt that just Shayna's look alone wasn't enough to sell a match.

But that's the problem with Shayna really. She needs a whole lot of smoke and mirrors to dress her up. Her match quality isn't enough to sell her, as she's slow and plodding. Her mic skills aren't great, and her voice sort of hurts her aura.

Unless there's a stip at Mania, the match has high dud probability.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
It was a very interesting debut but i didn't like the fact that Becky acted like she was fine, went to the hospital herself (stole an ambulance with no repercussions) and then came back to cut a promo. It kinda undone what Shayna did to her so what was the point other than to get a buzz around Shayna and get people talking.

I've never really been high on Shayna but i can appreciate the type of character she is and what she brings. Becky has alot of work to do at WM to make Shayna look like a star.

·
FOTC
10,327 Posts
There was a bit of symbolism last night. Becky calls herself the "GOAT" and Shayna bit the back of her neck. The way to kill a goat is to slit its throat.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,655 Posts
LOL at people saying it was stupid when it was interesting and edgy. WWE actually does something cool and people still complain.
Only "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" liked your post for a reason. Shayna isn't a vampire. The blood looked super fake. I don't care for Shayna but it was just too random.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
This was awful, but you marks will mark for anything if it involves your faves.

Also, I hate to say this because of how far the women's division has come, but Baszler/Becky is gonna be a piss break match at 'Mania.

Charlotte v. Bianca v. Rhea AND Sasha v. Bayley are gonna be miles better than this match unless they bring back Ronda.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
She did it ONCE. Jesus guys, give it a second. It doesn’t mean she has a whole new gimmick and she’s a vampire and a biter and a BLOOD SUCKER BROTHER AND OH MY GOD SHE’S THE FEMALE GANGREL WHAT THE FUCK!!! Let’s not jump to conclusions.

Calm. Frikkin. Down.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts