Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Loved it.

Memorable, surprising, interesting, well executed, and this is just week 1 of the 6 or 7 that we have until their Mania match.

Baszler is exploding onto RAW, right into title contention, as she should be - and she's arrived and instantly gotten over as an absolute maniacal badass. Now, Becky is the babyface on the run, and it has people excited to tune in next week.

More of this, please.

·
Premium Member
11,156 Posts
She bit her, who bites people, (don’t bring up Tyson) out of every move and possible scenario a person could have used in that situation, she bit her on the back of the neck. It’s fucking stupid.
Mike Tyson.

it shows savagery. Something WWE have been missing until lately it seems.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Mike Tyson.

it shows savagery. Something WWE have been missing until lately it seems.
I think that's the key point here that almost everyone is missing. How do you communicate savagery in a visual manner without a drastic visual act? It gets her over as more than just dominant. It conveys a "win at any cost" mentality.

The blood effects were a little overdone, but, the premise was great and it worked (obviously, trending no.1).

·
Premium Member
11,156 Posts
I think that's the key point here that almost everyone is missing. How do you communicate savagery in a visual manner without a drastic visual act? It gets her over as more than just dominant. It conveys a "win at any cost" mentality.

The blood effects were a little overdone, but, the premise was great and it worked (obviously, trending no.1).
Honestly I don’t know how people have been overly negative about this. It turned something that a lot of people didn’t care about into something that is unmissable. In fact, I don’t usually care for women’s wrestling but this is the first segment I watched when I got up. WWE got my attention for the feud.

vampire gimmick? Lol what the fuck.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I liked it because it was something different and can't remember anyone physically biting another wrestler and drawing blood like that in WWE. The over use of blood was goofy but it's WWE.

Weird that people saying Lynch is never allowed look vulnerable when past couple of weeks Asuka has blinded her and left her laying to close segments. Pretty sure Baszler will be booked to look like an absolute beast over next 2 months.

·
HEADBANGA
21,701 Posts
The whole biting neck thing is totally uncharacteristic for Shayna. That move has Vince McMahon's stink all over it. The only thing that I can see how they'll explain it is that Shayna wanted to leave a mark on her for life or say that she's marked her as her bitch because if they don't explain it then it'll just be a dumb program.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Weird that people saying Lynch is never allowed look vulnerable when past couple of weeks Asuka has blinded her and left her laying to close segments. Pretty sure Baszler will be booked to look like an absolute beast over next 2 months.
That’s just her haters who say that. She’s looked vulnerable in every feud she’s had as champion. Even Nattie kicked her ass a few times.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I wasn’t that interested in seeing a Becky/Shayna feud as I thought WWE would book it in very formulaic fashion and these 2 were gonna need more than the standard “attack from behind and cut a promo.” A bite to the neck? Well it’s something. I hate blood capsules but it’s not like they can actually tell Shayna to legit take a chunk and avoid an artery. So, whatever. I’m intrigued so let’s see where this goes.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,518 Posts
What a bunch of gay shit is being said here...
Don't you know that tigers, racoons, bears, etc, exist way before than novel writers invented vampires...?

And that Shayna, well... She looks animalistic for for sure.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,138 Posts
Some of the posts on here crack me up lol. You all complain about WWE not doing anything different and as soon as they do, everyone shits all over it. The blood capsule was a little too much, but the segment was awesome and something new. If Shayna would have come out to attack Becky in the same cliche boring manner that all heels attack baby faces, you’ll all be complaining about how weak the feud is and whatnot. Then Becky haters would come out of the woodworks trying to fry her because the feud has no heat. But clearly, this is already becoming the hottest angle going into Mania, outside of Edge/Orton of course. WWE can’t win. Yeah they suck most of the time but it doesn’t matter if they do things right or not, there will be people that illogically shit on it lol.

And who says that she can’t be an MMA fighter AND a savage? Just because she showed another side to her character doesn’t mean that she is OUT of character. It just means that she isn’t one dimensional. Something that most on here bash her for in the first place. No wonder WWE doesn’t listen to us. AEW is great at making their characters multi-dimensional and it helps their shows greatly. WWE needs to do this kind of stuff more. Because it’s entertaining and it’s the kind of shit that will get people talking. Shayna was trending #1 and I’m sure the YouTube views are gonna be high.

·
Spanish God
1,015 Posts
Shanya has a catch wrestling background. It was her gimmick in NXT as well. Her coming out and breaking Becky's arm or leg would fit with her skills and get great heat. Naturally Vince and Dunn throw that out the window and make her a biter..

Sometimes things trend #1 because they are dumb as f**k...
IDK about breaking her leg, we don't need another two months of Becky on crutches like last year.

·
Spanish God
1,015 Posts
She bit her, who bites people, (don’t bring up Tyson) out of every move and possible scenario a person could have used in that situation, she bit her on the back of the neck. It’s fucking stupid.
Biting is used a lot in pro wrestling to be fair, watching NJPW the other day Mox and his opponent traded bites at one point in their match. The thing with this is the blood, its as if she tore out a piece of her flesh with the amount of blood there was.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
This is Ronda all over again. Yet another year, another two steps back in the main roster women's division. Every other woman will be pushed aside to make way for this nonsense that every will forget down the road. Last years, Ronda/Becky/Charlotte debacle is already a distant memory. Even that WM match is long forgotten. A who cares is the history timeline of WWE. This year will be even worse.

And trust me not that I care. Do whatever you want. But let's call it for what it was. Last night that was absolutely NOT PG. That was attitude era territory.... they weren't even going for a joke either. What Orton did to Edge was tame. They literally had another woman bite the neck of another in a assaulting manor, and showed blood(fake). Good luck with that. That reaked desperation to grab ratings.(for next week) Which btw, is the injured leg(crutches) Becky to gain support from fans all over again. Super hero Becky to the rescue. I can beat anybody. The most untough, "tough guy" in the history of the WWE.

·
FOTC
10,327 Posts
The neck bite would be a perfect way for Shayna to defeat Becky at WM. The ref can get knocked out and Shayna tosses her mouthpiece and goes for the bite. Becky passes out to Shayna's submission. That way it protects Becky but accomplishes a much needed title change.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Stupid...too much fake blood. If you want to do a stupid bite attack make it realistic. That blood made it seem like she literally took a chunk of Beckys neck off.
And wouldnt she get arrested for stealing an Ambulance? Trying too hard

·
\m/
22,620 Posts
It was a good angle that had Shayna really make a statement in her debut and I was one of those not really sold on a Becky/Shayna feud but it is off to a good start. Only thing I think they should have saved Becky's return for next week to give things some breathing room. At the pace it is going I wonder what the plan is for EC.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts