Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have to admit that was the most well executed debut from Shayna Baszler when she attacked Becky Lynch but after was like holy shit and what the fuck just went straight Dracula/Gangrel on her neck?? Are they giving her a vampire gimmick which I hope not but man was Becky Lynch leaking then she steals an ambulance. What are your thoughts on this?? Looks like Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler feud has begun!

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
I thought the whole thing was effective. Especially everything with Becky backstage. Becky is already looking better than she has in the last 3 months. This is the kind of shit that got her over in the first place. They need to start doing different things and not just the run of the mill sneak attack beat down so Shayna biting Becky was fine by me. I doubt they run with a vampire gimmick though, that would be retarded. It was just a one-night thing.

I wasn't really feeling the prospect of a Becky vs Shayna feud going into Mania, but this is a great start. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going and continue to book Becky like they did when she was at her hottest.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
Instead of being a good debut it will be remembered for being weird. Why did she bite the back of Becky's neck? Where did that come from? Did she ever do something similar in NXT? It certainly doesn't play into an MMA background. It's just strange.
Shayna is trending #1 worldwide so I would say it was a pretty effective debut.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That was garbage! First off the end of the Asuka vs. Becky Lynch was a sham. Tired of seeing great matches end with a one move finale. Basically a body slam. Next thought is this, if you are gonna bring back blood into wwe, it should be real. The wwe does not even care anymore if it is believable. I thought that whole spot was trash. Also Becky Lynch is getting old. From her clumbsy wrestling to her shouting moves Cena style across the ring too her opponent. Lynch sucks as a true wrestling champion, who wouldn't botch so many moves and be heard in the third row calling spots. Again WWE has just turned into a joke that seems to be more about sales than pro wrestling. One last thing...I thought the hype about smackdown being on FOX was that it was supposed to be edgier and what not? I see no difference between smackdown and raw. Neither are edgier they are still just making more of a comedy of wrestling than anything. Rant over!

·
Southern Pride
2,804 Posts
Lets not over exaggerate.

It was pretty unexpected and weird, but it's not an embarrassment.

That was too much fake blood when all that Shayna did was bite Beckys neck. I will say that. Other than that, I don't see an issue with it.

Clearly trying to establish that Shayna can be dangerous by simply not knowing what shes going to do next.

·
FOTC
10,333 Posts
The debut of Shayna was done very well, but they sort of killed her momentum by having Becky address her the same night she was attacked. This company is so scared of allowing Becky to be vulnerable. They try to hard to present her as this bad ass — she's more cocky than a bad ass. The ambulance segment was just another attempt to try and make her like Steve Austin. Even the EMT girl was chuckling from the ridiculousness.

·
Team AEW
2,782 Posts
I doubt they run with a vampire gimmick though, that would be retarded. It was just a one-night thing.
I feel like this will be used like Orton's punt kick, it'll be rare but they will use it to take someone out. It was indeed very effective tonight, and it got over, but knowing how WWE decides to beat us over the head with a thing like this, I think next week Shayna is gonna beat some jobber with this bite.

·
Custom User Title
6,306 Posts
I feel like this will be used like Orton's punt kick, it'll be rare but they will use it to take someone out. It was indeed very effective tonight, and it got over, but knowing how WWE decides to beat us over the head with a thing like this, I think next week Shayna is gonna beat some jobber with this bite.
I don't think it was that effective considering Becky returned like 90 minutes later almost no selling the bite, and went on to basically bury Shayna in a promo.

If WWE wanted to treat it like a major deal, they would have kept Becky off of TV for the rest of the night. But they didn't.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority, I thought it looked too ridiculous to be that effective. A person wouldn't bleed like that from a bite wound to their neck and the amount of blood coming of of Shayna's mouth was pouring like a fountain.

To me, segments with blood need to be real. Either someone really bleeds on accident or someone blades. That type of blood they used looked too fake. I think they could have had her come in and look devastating without biting. Like if she locked Becky into a choke hold and didn't release it until Becky passed out.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts