Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am just working myself threw all the WWF Years, with all RAWS and PPV'S. And right now i am in 96 and i came today to a point where i have been before. I like the Icon Shawn Michaels, when he returned, he was great in the Ring and his Gimmick was the Icon, he was entertaining, also in Promos, Face and Heel, didn't matter. But back in the Day, bassicly from 93 until DX started, where he was very different, he had that Stripper Gimmick, and i mean i hate it, i mean as a Heel at least i could understand, you just hate him, but when he turned, it was weird, you only heard Girls screaming, who screamed before but did it now louder. I mean the Fans were booing him, and i mean i can understand, don't get me wrong at that time, he was probably under the 5 Best Wrestlers on the Planet, but how are you as a Man suppose to like this Stripper, who bassicly looks like a Homo Whore, for the Guys and for the Girls who were watching back than, did you find cool or good or i don't know, and for the younger fans, when you look back at this tapes, what do you think, i personally think it just looks gay, i mean it's Wrestling than you see this Stripper Guy..

I always found that kinda sad, he could have pulled of a cooler Gimmick, than i know he would have been respected by the Male Fans, i still don't get how Vince or Shawn thought this could work.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey im not blind, i know that there are 2 Guys in the Ring in Spandex Grappling, it's just the whole Gimmick is trash.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
the point of the gimmick for the male demo was to want to be like shawn. ever listen to his theme song? he was a "ladies man" so to speak. what guy doesn't want to be a ladies man and get all the chicks etc?

·
Registered
837 Posts
This is up there amongst the worst posts I've ever seen here. The grammar, if you can call it that, was damn near indecipherable. Odd capitalization didn't help.

Now from what I can gather from this cipher, you feel that HBK had an effeminate gimmick. Okay. His nicknames are Sexy Boy and the Heartbreak Kid. Shocking. Did you also know Goldberg is Jewish? Or RVD smokes pot?

And how exactly is this bringing a discussion to the table, other than one centering around thinly veiled homophobia?

·
Yes sir...
2,699 Posts
Well early in the "sexy boy" gimmick he was a heel so of course guys weren't supposed to like him. He was the guy your woman was drooling over while you watched, hence the perfect heel for the male demographic. Later when he turned face, it really was like a side gimmick, they didn't really focus on it that hard later on.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Of all the gimmicks featured in WWE since its 'sports entertainment' focus back in the 80s, you chose to complain about Shawn fucking Michaels? Really?

Bastion Booger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In 96 I was around 12, and I remember Shawn right before he got the title at WMXII and the ensuing reign. As a kid, I found it pretty entertaining. Then again, with the unmatched charisma, and in ring ability that the next best guy (Bret) couldn't even touch, he coulda made a few other gimmicks over as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts