Wrestling Forum banner
1821 - 1840 of 1854 Posts

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,041 Posts
14 years ago tonight on Raw, Shawn teamed with Jeff Hardy to take on Randy Orton and Mr. Kennedy in a tag team match:

·
55,041 Posts
33 years ago tonight at an MSG House Show, the Rockers took on Demolition:

16 years ago tonight on Raw, Shawn took on Big Show and Kane in a triple threat match:

·
55,041 Posts
BTW, re: the Demolition match, alot of folks regard that match as the WWF Match of the Year for 1988 and one of the, if not the best tag team match in company history. The match is only alittle over 14 minutes long. It can also be found on the Network on the November 1, 1988 Prime Time Wrestling episode (it was taped on 10/24 at an MSG House Show). If anyone out there loves tag team wrestling and has never seen this match before; I highly, highly recommend watching it.

·
55,041 Posts
29 years ago tonight, Shawn beat the British Bulldog to win his FIRST Intercontinental Title ever. The match took place on 10/27/92, but wouldn't air on TV until the 11/14/92 edition of Saturday Night's Main Event. Meltzer gave the match 3.5 stars:

·
55,041 Posts
October 28, 1996:

Overview: Tonight Shawn will take on the British Bulldog in the main event of Raw with Owen Hart ringside doing commentary, two weeks after taking on Steve Austin on Raw, as we head into the month of November and Survivor Series at MSG!

Review: Both guys lock up and Bulldog shoulder-blocks Shawn down in the ring as Owen puts over Davey's agility and speed on commentary. Shawn pokes Davey in the eye and hits a hurricarana before clotheslining Davey over the top and to the outside as the crowd goes nuts! Davey regroups on the outside before coming back in the ring and being met by loud HBK chants! Davey goes back up the ranmp as he is upset over the loud HBK chants. Shawn does his patented lying on the top turnbuckle waiting for Davey. More loud HBK chants as Davey covers his ears, lol. Both guys lockup and Shawn hits Davey with an enziguri as Owen wonder where Shawn got that move from, as that is the move Owen hit on Shawn last year to give him a 'concussion.'

Shawn has Davey in a side headlock that Davey can't work out of. Some nice chain wrestling before Davey gets Shawn up high for a gorilla press slam, and then throws Shawn throat first onto the top rope. That looked nasty! Davey irish whips Shawn over the top and to the outside as they go to commercial.

Back from commercial, Davey has Shawn in a chin-lock as the crowd chants HBK. Shawn works out of it with a couple elbows, but gets met with a knee to the stomach and a 2 count for Davey. He pulls Shawn up by the hair and drops him down to the mat as the crowd boos. Bulldog hits Shawn with his patented long, vertical suplex and follows that up with a leg-drop which gets him a 2 count on Shawn. Davey applies a chin-lock.

Shawn works out of it with elbows before going for a crucifix, but Bulldog counters that with a Samoan drop and gets another two count. Davey has Shawn in lying side headlock. Back up, Shawn hits a crucifix this time for a 2 count, but then gets clotheslined down hard by Davey.

Shawn hits his flying forearm on Davey and nips up for a big pop! Shawn hits a back body drop on Davey, before going to the top and hitting him with 10 punches in the head as the crowd counts along. Shawn counters out of the powerslam and hits a bodyslam. Top rope elbow! Shawn goes for the superkick ,but Owen grabs his leg and Davey hits him from behind and the match ends in a DQ. Sid comes down and attacks Owen and Bulldog and Owen square up against Shawn and Sid:

Shawn and Sid bump into eachother again by accident. Shawn is pissed and they shove eachother multiple times. Owen challenges them to a tag title match and Shawn and Sid agree.

Analysis: Just a few weeks away from Survivor Series, and they are full-on building the Shawn/Sid feud more and more. It is alittle much that they've had Shawn and Sid accidentally bump into eachother two weeks in a row now, but there is a reason why the creative in this New Generation Era isn't regarded as the best despite having alot of great talent in their physical prime. Another solid title defense for Shawn against a big name while building towards Shawn's Survivor Series feud, so in that regard it worked.

·
55,041 Posts
The night after HIAC 2013, this segment between Shawn and Bryan took place. Shawn cost Bryan the title the night before at HIAC. I remember Shawn did an interview on a podcast or something a few months later. He said that the plan was for him to cost Bryan the title at HIAC, and then go home. But Shawn couldn't believe it and had a talk with someone (maybe Vince) that he has no problem showing up on Raw the next night and letting Bryan get his heat back on Shawn and attack him and put him in the Yes-Lock during a promo segment, which they did. That segment took place 8 years ago tonight:

·
The Babyface of WF
WWE/F since 1993
19,428 Posts
The night after HIAC 2013, this segment between Shawn and Bryan took place. Shawn cost Bryan the title the night before at HIAC. I remember Shawn did an interview on a podcast or something a few months later. He said that the plan was for him to cost Bryan the title at HIAC, and then go home. But Shawn couldn't believe it and had a talk with someone (maybe Vince) that he has no problem showing up on Raw the next night and letting Bryan get his heat back on Shawn and attack him and put him in the Yes-Lock during a promo segment, which they did. That segment took place 8 years ago tonight:

Bryan should have shook that Legendary hand the bearded bastard:cautious:

·
55,041 Posts
Bryan should have shook that Legendary hand the bearded bastard:cautious:
That segment was the first time Shawn played the role of a heel since the Hogan feud in the Summer of 2005. So, nearly 9.5 years later.

I love that segment because when Shawn makes his entrance; he's not getting any big cheers or any heat. The crowd doesn't know what to do because normally he'd get a pop, but they were pissed at him for costing Bryan the title 24 hours earlier. But once Shawn gets on the mic, before Bryan even comes out, he's able to get the fans to boo him. Shawn was a great face (especially in the 2000's), but I'll always prefer him as a heel. He could be such a bastard when he wanted to be. Love his heel work.

·
55,041 Posts
The Rockers vs. Hart Foundation 2/3 Falls Match in which The Rockers won the tag titles but wasn't held up because the top rope broke and Vince didn't want to air it because it killed the match took place 31 years ago tonight:

·
55,041 Posts
16 years ago tonight at Taboo Tuesday; a Triple Threat for the Title, Shawn vs. Kurt Angle vs. John Cena. Meltzer gave the match 3.75 stars:

·
55,041 Posts
3 years ago tonight, Shawn made his comeback and was by far the best guy in a tag team match with Triple H vs. Undertaker and Kane. Can't believe this match on WWE's Youtube page has well over 5.1 million views. Crazy:

·
Registered
566 Posts
3 years ago tonight, Shawn made his comeback and was by far the best guy in a tag team match with Triple H vs. Undertaker and Kane. Can't believe this match on WWE's Youtube page has well over 5.1 million views. Crazy:

I have no problem with HBK doing this match. It was for fun and he got a nice payday out of it. I'll never criticize another man for earning that cheddah! And as you said, he was the best part of the match. Taker and Kane had no business still wrestling at this point.

·
55,041 Posts
November 4, 1996:

Overview: We are 13 days out from Survivor Series 1996, where Shawn Michaels will defend his WWF Championship against Sid! On tonight's Raw, Jim Ross will moderate an in-ring promo segment between Shawn and Sid. Let's see where this goes!

Review: JR asks Shawn if he has forgiven Sid for power-bombing him twice last year on the Raw after WM 11. Shawn said yes he has forgiven Sid and got him back to the WWF. Sid says that's "BULLSHIT!". Shawn says Sid might not like it, but he has Shawn to thank for being back in the WWF and Sid isn't the first and probably won't be last. Sid says it was a mistake that he hit Shawn from behind. Shawn says that Sid made a mistake and he apologized for it and Shawn accepted it.

Shawn says Sid is going to go down and that he's beaten him once and he's gonna beat him again. Shawn says Sid's ability will be his downfall and that he's not in Shawn's league. Sid says that he's the man and Shawn says "to be the man, you gotta beat the man!" and that he will knock Sid down again. Sid guarantees a victory and Shawn knocks down the table and gets in Sid's face. Sid pushes Jose and Shawn says to push him. Both guys push eachother and Jim Cornette comes out with Vader, Owen, and Bulldog! They attack Shawn and Sid before Sid gets hit in the back with a chair by Owen. Shawn picks up the chair to chase them off, and Sid turns around and thinks Shawn hit him with the chair even though he didn't.

Shawn explains to him what happened, and then Camp Cornette comes back in the ring only for Shawn and Sid to clean house with them. Shawn and Sid then get in eachother's faces again as a bunch of refs separate both guys from eachother as the segment ends.

Analysis: Good little segment here that ramped up the heat between Shawn and Sid but also emphasized that they still need eachother to fight off Camp Cornette in order to make it to Survivor Series in one piece.

·
Registered
566 Posts
24 years ago tonight on Raw, Shawn took on Ken Shamrock on the go-home Raw to 1997 Survivor Series (aka Montreal Screwjob):

Shamrock looking like a clown at 2:25 :LOL: First this, and then in their ppv match he almost knocks himself out in the ropes. Raw is a good word to describe here. But how about that powerbomb by Shawn at 7:00? A beauty, and he rarely did them.

·
55,041 Posts
Shamrock looking like a clown at 2:25 :LOL: First this, and then in their ppv match he almost knocks himself out in the ropes. Raw is a good word to describe here. But how about that powerbomb by Shawn at 7:00? A beauty, and he rarely did them.
It's hilarious. Right after that botch, you can see when Shawn is on his knees and sticks his head between the top and 2nd ropes, he's looking right at the announce table where Vince is, and Shawn is smiling and laughing in Vince's direction right after the botch, as if to say, "YOU SIGNED THIS GUY?!" It's hilarious.

And yes, Shawn rarely did a powerbomb in his career but this sit-out powerbomb was well done. Looked great.

1821 - 1840 of 1854 Posts