Wrestling Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1330 Posts

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,528 Posts
Shawn had chemistry with everybody. It's insane. He's the GOAT for a reason. Eat your heart out, Okadaaaaaa. :LOL:
Okadaaa couldn’t even jerk the curtain the right way. We could use a kliq in the backstage area in someone’s ear tellin them “this guy... well... he sucks... send him back to the school gymnasiums”...

A damn meeting with the owner in an Indianapolis hotel room would be fitting...

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,079 Posts
Okadaaa couldn’t even jerk the curtain the right way. We could use a kliq in the backstage area in someone’s ear tellin them “this guy... well... he sucks... send him back to the school gymnasiums”...

A damn meeting with the owner in an Indianapolis hotel room would be fitting...
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Shawn should take his finisher with a lolli-pop in his mouth like he did in Shamrock's ankle-lock.

·
2,528 Posts
A few hours ahead of the anniversary of when WWF aired this promo on Monday Night RAW January 15th, 1996!

This is a promo WWF put together ahead of Shawn Michaels returning at the 1996 WWF Royal Rumble

I agree with everything Michaels says in the promo video

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I guess it's the quality of the video but the color looks distorted and at 18 seconds when Shawn is jumping off the ladder it makes his tights look more purple than blue. Looking back on it I'm surprised he never did include purple in his gear before. I'm sure he could have rocked that color too.

·
2,528 Posts
I guess it's the quality of the video but the color looks distorted and at 18 seconds when Shawn is jumping off the ladder it makes his tights look more purple than blue. Looking back on it I'm surprised he never did include purple in his gear before. I'm sure he could have rocked that color too.
absolutely!

I think Michaels could have made purple work... at least a few times here and there to shake things up.

·
2,528 Posts

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Jeff Jarrett for calling Shawn "the Michael Jordan of wrestling" a couple of years ago during his HOF speech. Also, that GREAT match they had with eachother at IYH: 2.
yeah same here. Jeff Jarrett sings big praises of Michaels when the subject comes up. Jarrett comes off so humble giving the credit and spotlight to someone like that!

He and Michaels put on a clinic in Nashville in the summer of 95 like you mentioned! What a damn match.

It just flowed so incredibly well from start to finish!

·
53,079 Posts
yeah same here. Jeff Jarrett sings big praises of Michaels when the subject comes up. Jarrett comes off so humble giving the credit and spotlight to someone like that!

He and Michaels put on a clinic in Nashville in the summer of 95 like you mentioned! What a damn match.

It just flowed so incredibly well from start to finish!
No restholds in that 23 minute match. Shawn was on another level during those years and it showed.

·
2,528 Posts
No restholds in that 23 minute match. Shawn was on another level during those years and it showed.
Some of those bumps he took at that time too!!!... going over the turnbuckle to the outside in that match with Jarrett... and then he did a similar bump in the iron man match as well almost a year later.

the dude was wild in those days!!! Gutsy stuff going over the turnbuckle onto a gym mat on the outside floor haha

·
53,079 Posts
31 years ago today at the 1/15/90 MSG House Show, one of the first matches that tape-traders were seeking because the match wasn't televised; The Rockers vs. Powers of Pain (Warlord & Barbarian). Classic tag match in which the Rockers made the Powers of Pain look the best they've ever looked and both teams came out looking like a million bucks. Shawn's selling is on another level in the match. Shawn getting on the top rope while cheering Marty on gets you into the match even more while Marty plays a great FIP in this match. This is the only non-Brainbusters that the Rockers had that I would put on the level of all of their Brainubusters matches and maybe even a smidge better. Should've been a PPV Match. This match would work as a great template for young wrestlers today wanting to master the big guy/little guy or David/Goliath style tag matches. Absolute perfection in every aspect. Must watch if you've never seen it:

·
53,079 Posts
The Rockers/Powers of Pain match is also on the WWE Network under the "SuperTape Vol. 2" if you're looking for it on there. It's only like an 11 minute match, but due to the that, the pace is fantastic.

·
53,079 Posts
15 years ago tonight on Raw, Shawn Michaels took on Kurt Angle in a non-title match. Match was around 16 minutes, and Meltzer gave it 3.5 stars, which is something you don't see on TV often.

·
53,079 Posts
23 years ago tonight, the match that changed everything. Casket match at the 1998 Royal Rumble vs Undertaker. This is where the back injury takes place that changes Shawn's life forever and changes the company going forward, as well. It really is crazy to think about all of the ramifications that this back injury had at the time. This is also one of my favorite Shawn gears that he ever wore with the red and the white gear. Also, in this video, I posted below, at the very start of the video, it has the pre-match hype video and it's along one at over 4 minutes. It features literally almost all of the great production themes they used in the mid 90's and one, with 3 or 4 of my favorite promo video themes used one right after the other. I really miss these videos and these production music they used for these in the background. They were awesome and bring me right back to these years:

·
2,528 Posts
23 years ago tonight, the match that changed everything. Casket match at the 1998 Royal Rumble vs Undertaker. This is where the back injury takes place that changes Shawn's life forever and changes the company going forward, as well. It really is crazy to think about all of the ramifications that this back injury had at the time. This is also one of my favorite Shawn gears that he ever wore with the red and the white gear. Also, in this video, I posted below, at the very start of the video, it has the pre-match hype video and it's along one at over 4 minutes. It features literally almost all of the great production themes they used in the mid 90's and one, with 3 or 4 of my favorite promo video themes used one right after the other. I really miss these videos and these production music they used for these in the background. They were awesome and bring me right back to these years:

man this match is honestly extremely important to all HBK fans... Just as you said, so much changes after this match goes down. The way that 90s HBK worked in the ring is forever gone after this match. He would never be able to work this ‘loosely’ or wildly again... someone can choose whatever word they like to describe his amazing speed and bumping that hit it’s peak in 97... it will never be seen in the same way again after this match with Taker in 98...

Its such a thought provoking deal...

As a kid this was the first PPV I would see Live. I had been a fan for years but this is when I got to start watching the live PPVs...

The match is amazing tho!

@Showstopper Its the very next day after RAW(Two days after the Rumble) Shawn wakes up and realizes he cannot get himself up to walk, is that correct? ... That’s how I’ve always had it in my mind...I could be a day or two off, I just never fact checked that little detail to the exact day...

·
53,079 Posts
man this match is honestly extremely important to all HBK fans... Just as you said, so much changes after this match goes down. The way that 90s HBK worked in the ring is forever gone after this match. He would never be able to work this ‘loosely’ or wildly again... someone can choose whatever word they like to describe his amazing speed and bumping that hit it’s peak in 97... it will never be seen in the same way again after this match with Taker in 98...

Its such a thought provoking deal...

As a kid this was the first PPV I would see Live. I had been a fan for years but this is when I got to start watching the live PPVs...

The match is amazing tho!

@Showstopper Its the very next day after RAW(Two days after the Rumble) Shawn wakes up and realizes he cannot get himself up to walk, is that correct? ... That’s how I’ve always had it in my mind...I could be a day or two off, I just never fact checked that little detail to the exact day...
Yes. According to him, that Tuesday afternoon he woke up at like 1PM, and he couldn't standup or walk. He said he called his parents, who lived 30 mins from him at the time, and his parents called an ambulance and sent it to Shawn's house. Shawn said he to crawl on the floor from his bed to his front door to unlock the door for the EMTs to enter his house. He said once he unlocked the front door, he just laid there on the floor and waited for the EMTs to enter his house and get him.

·
2,528 Posts
HERE WE GO!!!

This day in the 1997 year in history, HB Shizzzzle takes on Sid in front of Shawn’s hometown of San Antonio Texas!

Ive always thought that if there’s a couple of moments in WWF history I could time travel to and be in the audience, this is one on my list.

I would love to be in a Dome full of Shawn Michaels fans and feel that response when his music cues. Look at the people in that place!!! A dome full of support for the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels!!!

Love Howard Finkles introduction as Shawn walks to the ring. Sometimes depending on the venue it just had a extra special sizzle hearing his voice layered on top of Shawn’s bad ass theme echoing around that Dome

1301 - 1320 of 1330 Posts