Wrestling Forum banner

661 - 678 of 678 Posts

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,068 Posts
My personal all time favorite match happened on this day in 1997... this match mean so much for me and my fandom. I credit Shawn Michaels on this night for making me a lifelong fan of his and wrestling in general.

I had been watching decently for a couple years, but I had seen more of the nitro programs and then saw the weekend wwf shows. So I was actually keeping up fairly well, but on this night in 1997, I didn’t turn on nitro... I landed on RAW and it was the moment they were setting up this tag match. It was booked in the middle of the show... when Shawn came rocking through the curtain it was just perfect timing for me to be watching... it just felt fucking great. I knew this was THE fucking man!

Michaels after 4 months out of the ring steps back in and the man hasn’t missed a fucking step! He never did! That’s so impressive... and he truly didn’t have any warm up matches or anything before this...

You can tell All four guys guys are ‘feeling’ it. The energy is amazing. Everyone gets their stuff in and the match flows beautifully.

My favorite match...

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,988 Posts
@Commissioner Michaels

I love this match with a passion. It was also Shawn's first match back in 3 months since losing his smile and pulling out of WM 13. Bret was at the top of the ramp the entire time with Neidhart watching the match, and Bret wrote in his book for someone who had a possible career ending knee injury, Shawn didn't look too slowed down in his first match back. :LOL:

But yeah, due to the match being shorter than what one might expect (14 mins or so I think?), it went at a really fast pace, not a dull moment in the match. And the crowd was really hot for it, too. GREAT match. One of my favorite matches in Raw history and one of the best matches in Raw history without question. The crowd became absolutely unglued when Shawn and Austin won the titles. Can't wait to watch it later tonight. Also LOVED Shawn's Texas themed gear he wore for this match. Here are some highlights too:

·
2,068 Posts
@Commissioner Michaels

I love this match with a passion. It was also Shawn's first match back in 3 months since losing his smile and pulling out of WM 13. Bret was at the top of the ramp the entire time with Neidhart watching the match, and Bret wrote in his book for someone who had a possible career ending knee injury, Shawn didn't look too slowed down in his first match back. :LOL:

But yeah, due to the match being shorter than what one might expect (14 mins or so I think?), it went at a really fast pace, not a dull moment in the match. And the crowd was really hot for it, too. GREAT match. One of my favorite matches in Raw history and one of the best matches in Raw history without question. The crowd became absolutely unglued when Shawn and Austin won the titles. Can't wait to watch it later tonight. Also LOVED Shawn's Texas themed gear he wore for this match. Here are some highlights too:

Yea I’m very thankful Shawn’s knee was able to get better. Too bad it was hurt before WrestleMania 13, really sucks he couldn’t put Bret over there... gotta listen to the doctors though.

😆

And yea, that Texas gear is so cool!

·
51,988 Posts
Shawn Michaels is an awesome guy... in 2009 when i was working in Texas as a Petsmart, i actually got to meet him. Even got to take a picture with him.
i was so excited
That's awesome, man! 2009 was the year of WM 25. Not a bad year to meet him. Welcome to the thread!

·
51,988 Posts
Found this on Twitter. All of the legends that held the Winged Eagle in chronological order from the bottom of the pic to the top. Although, they did skip Diesel and Sid, :LOL: . The artist did a great job, though. Shawn's cartoon looks fucking awesome, second from top under Austin. I love stuff like this.

·
2,068 Posts
Found this on Twitter. All of the legends that held the Winged Eagle in chronological order from the bottom of the pic to the top. Although, they did skip Diesel and Sid, :LOL: . The artist did a great job, though. Shawn's cartoon looks fucking awesome, second from top under Austin. I love stuff like this.

The title looked so good with Michaels! Great artwork though...

Austin looks strange with the eagle belt tho haha... I never think of him with it cause he basically walked out of Boston with it(😭)and then that was about it.

·
51,988 Posts
June 2nd 1992, Shawn Michaels Vs Bret Hart for the intercontinental championship.

I love their matches from 92. Honestly very great stuff, which is highly over looked.

That match is on the Network on the "Rampage 1992" show in the Coliseum Home Videos section. Love this match. Will be giving it a watch later tonight.

·
2,068 Posts
Today’s date is kind of a big deal for Michaels. On this day in 2002, Shawn would return joining the NWO.

It’s not so much about the NWO, as it was Shawn actually joining a faction which was being used in week to week storylines.

I personally remember vividly the night I was watching raw, when this took place...

I knew ‘something’ felt different about this... I never would have imagined HBK was thinking about getting into the ring again,(which he would do a couple months later) but I knew this wasn’t just a normal return appearance which we saw in various ways from Summer 1998 - Summer 2000, where Michaels would appear for a few weeks at a time... Just felt different this time seeing Michaels join a faction at this time...

·
51,988 Posts
I remember by this time, I had given up on thinking Shawn would ever wrestle again somewhere around the late 2000/early 2001 time period. He had been gone since early 1998, and every time he came back I held hope that he would be back to wrestle, and every time I was extremely disappointed.

But when he came back this time and joined the nWo, you could tell that even though he was wearing an nWo t-shirt in this segment, if you look at his arms, he had been training. And not just to stay toned, but to be as big as he could be. Every time he came back before this, it looked like he was in shape, but not wrestling shape. In this segment, you can tell his arms are the biggest they'd been since WM 14 (the last time he wrestled). Plus, all those other times he came back, even as a commissioner and after that, he was sort off to the side of the story. THIS time, joining the nWo, he was IN the story. So, between that and his arms being bigger than they'd been in his entire 4 year+ absence, this appearance just felt different. Even though he didn't do his promo here and did it the following week on Raw, it felt different and looked different and for the first time in a couple of years, I had hope again that he might wrestle.

Plus, I just noticed this for the first time because I just watched this segment, but right before this segment ends and they put the Raw logo up on the screen, Shawn is looking at the hard-camera right into our TV screens, and if you read his lips, he says, "I'm back for good this time!" while pointing down at the ring. If I had noticed that live as it happened, I would have had more than just some hope that he was coming back, but I would've known for sure! But HD TV's didn't exist back then, so... :LOL:

Now, next week's Raw, he does a promo, and it's utterly fantastic. Can't wait to watch that next week!

·
2,068 Posts
Plus, I just noticed this for the first time because I just watched this segment, but right before this segment ends and they put the Raw logo up on the screen, Shawn is looking at the hard-camera right into our TV screens, and if you read his lips, he says, "I'm back for good this time!" while pointing down at the ring. If I had noticed that live as it happened, I would have had more than just some hope that he was coming back, but I would've known for sure! But HD TV's didn't exist back then, so... :LOL:
I never caught that before either haha! It’s cut off in that video clip I posted earlier, but I just went and watched the full segment and he does say that. It happens so quick I never even thought about it before. Great catch.

661 - 678 of 678 Posts