Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 678 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Greatest in-ring performer of all time,The Heartbreak Kid,MR. Wrestlemania,and WWE Hall Of Famer,Shawn Michaels

List of Accolades:
WWF World Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Triple H
WWF Tag Team/World Tag Team Championship (5 times) – with Diesel (2), Stone Cold Steve Austin (1), John Cena (1), Triple H (1)
Royal Rumble (1995, 1996)
First Grand Slam Champion
Fourth Triple Crown Champion
Slammy Awards (15 times)
WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2011)

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Re: The Shawn Michaels Discussion Thread

Easily, my favorite promo of all time by my favorite wrestler of all time.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,988 Posts

You can do threads of retired wrestlers, too? That's pretty cool.

Here's the greatest Youtube tribute to any wrestler ever. So good I had to save it to my laptop in case WWE ever deletes it. 'Bittersweet Symphony' is one of the GOAT songs ever. Enjoy:

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,740 Posts

GOAT level wrestler and the most complete superstar of all time.

He could fly, chain wrestle, be technical or hardcore. He innovated and shined in every big match situation. Gave a lot of guys their best match. Can be heel or face. Did his best, along with Bret, to drag a dying WWF through it's worst time in the early/mid 90's.

HBK is awesome.

I wanna add to his accomplishments too. A record 11 PWI Match of the year winner with 2 records to boot. He's got the second longest MotY streak at 4 years in a row (1993-1996). The only one to beat Shawn, is Shawn. From 2004 to 2010, 7 years straight, Ole HBK did what only he can do. And that's steal the show no matter what!

·
The legend never dies
4,354 Posts

The man has done it all, and made everyone else look like a normal wrestler, he was greater then anyone else ever in the ring, and his promo and Charisma was second to none. As me being an Austin fan i will always admit HBK is the greatest to ever do it.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

Top 5 EVER.

Total package.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,669 Posts

Finally, a thread about my favorite wrestler of all time and the GOAT himself, Shawn Michaels :mark: :mark:

I know for sure that I'll be active in this thread :hbk1

·
Registered
7,144 Posts

Quite possibly the greatest athlete and showman in the ring, which makes it all the more puzzling why he never really drew much.

I think there was a point in 96 or so once he became champ that they needed to change his image a bit to move away from the sexy boy male stripper image. That's just not a mainstream gimmick that the guys will cheer for like they will the Austins and the Rocks.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

Quite possibly the greatest athlete and showman in the ring, which makes it all the more puzzling why he never really drew much.

I think there was a point in 96 or so once he became champ that they needed to change his image a bit to move away from the sexy boy male stripper image. That's just not a mainstream gimmick that the guys will cheer for like they will the Austins and the Rocks.
Yeah, it seems like his entire face run from 95-96 was miscalculated. Same thing with guys like Diesel and Razor when they turned, all the attributes that made them cool heels were either watered down or stripped away as a good guy. Just a sign of those times, I guess, Vince just couldn't move on from goody too shoes as his top babyface.

I don't know if Shawn ever could've been that top guy for the 18-35 male demographic, though. Boiled down to it, the arrogant pretty boy all the women love just screams heel no matter how much of an underdog you paint him as.

By the way, I hated how they ripped off Rocky III when Shawn lost to Sid with Mickey (I mean, Jose) getting attacked, which distracts him. Seemed so corny.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,740 Posts

Yeah, it seems like his entire face run from 95-96 was miscalculated. Same thing with guys like Diesel and Razor when they turned, all the attributes that made them cool heels were either watered down or stripped away as a good guy. Just a sign of those times, I guess, Vince just couldn't move on from goody too shoes as his top babyface.

I don't know if Shawn ever could've been that top guy for the 18-35 male demographic, though. Boiled down to it, the arrogant pretty boy all the women love just screams heel no matter how much of an underdog you paint him as.
I agree with you, I just want to add in WCW. No matter what WWF did with HBK, Razor and Diesel, WCW still had all of the names. Yes they were all 40 plus or late 30's, but they were stars. Lull or not, WCW had the better product.

I'll always choose cruiserweights/light heavyweights (Eddie, Rey, Malenko, Benoit, Liger and Pillman), Sting, Hogan, Savage, Flair and the Steiners over, Mabel, Yoko (deteriorating health), Trashman, Plumber, Mantuar, Construction worker, Dentist, Magician etc etc. There's only so much HBK, Razor, Bret, Owen, Taker, Austin, 123 Kid and Foley could do. And sadly, it always seems to fall on Shawn's shoulders.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,988 Posts

It would've been nice if they gave his 1996 babyface character an edge, I think everyone wholeheartedly agrees with that. But we were still in the middle of the New Generation era where we had garbage men, plumbers, hockey players, clowns, and "Atom Bomb's" walking around. We were still a ways off from the Attitude Era. Not sure why anyone would expect HBK's '96 character to get an edge. They weren't there yet. Shawn (and the others) were still trying to convince out of touch Vince to change the direction of the product. It took 2-2.5 years (since sometime in 1995), but it finally happened. Certainly didn't happen overnight, though..

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania 25 Entrance

Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania 12 Entrance

2 Of The Greatest Wrestlemania Entrances ever.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

Shawn Michaels was my first ever hero before I became a HHH fan. If not for Shawn getting injured in 98 he may have been my favorite wrestler of all time.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

That's interesting. When HBK was gone, Jericho and HHH were my favorites.
I think we both have a thing for long warrior hair. At least I had when I was a kid.

1 - 20 of 678 Posts