Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now to understand my rant, you have to realise these things. I grew p watching the end of the "winged eagle belt" or "monday night raw" through the "attitude era" and my list of fav stars include, bret, owen, bulldog, candido, douglas and many more. Shawn michaels will forever be one of my fav, entertainers and wrestlers. The guy works magic in the ring and is still going strong at the age of 41 I think. He is great working with younger guys, and is a devout christian which is good for him. I in no way am dissing his wrestlign abitlty.

But.........

During the attitude era, he was the biggest ass backstage and he held abck tons of wrestlers. For those of you who don't know, he had a backsatge faction called "the kliq" which consistd of himself, razor ramon, diesel, 1-2-3 kid(x-pac), justin incredble(he was going as some gay gimmick) and triple h(also a gay gimmick). Now we all loved hbk on our t.vs. He was a great performer and was very skilled. But his backstage politics piss me off! Him and "the kliq" held back young talent, hogged the belts, and jsut acted like general jackasses. SOme of the few rumors/truths hbk and his kliq have pulled.

1. ****ed sunny when candido passed out from coc ( ahmed johnson gave the the coc to candido and chris gave him the right to **** sunny, they both passed out) and hbk took advantage and screwed her, making candido leave the wwe.

2. british bulldog was scheduled to win the wwe title off hbk in his hometown and he dedicated the match, to his dieing sister, who was sitting front row. At the last min, hbk decided he wanted the belt some more, and made sure it would become a draw. And during the match, he taunted, threw things at and harrassed bulldog sis. That was un scheduled and un called for. That bastard held bulldog form the belt.

3. hbk held owne har t form getting the title as well. He said he didn't want to job the belt to owen at the last min and thus, owen never got the belt he deserved.

4. Politics were used to insure a young shane doouglas(dean douglas) would job the belt right after he won it to razor ramon. THis made douglas leave the wwe.

5. I dont even want to talk about the montreal screwjob.

6. at one point, in august of 1994 and on , razor ramon was i.c champ, hbk and diesel were tag team champs, diesel was world champ, hmmm.......

I think that is enough evidence to prove that hbk used to use to much politics and for that I will no longer look to him as I once did. He is and for evr will be one of the best performers, best entertainers and biggest asses the wwe has ever seen.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Who cares? HBK > Bulldog, HBK > Owen, HBK > Candido. Mostly everybody uses politics with their jobs, so shut the **** up.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
People care way to much about what happens/happened backstage. In the end, it's a friggin' TV show, get over it...

·
version six
3,891 Posts
Shawn Michaels is the greatest wrestler ever. He shouldn't have to job to anyone.

·
The North Remembers
20,749 Posts
He did what he had to do to get to the top. Can't blame him for trying.

He's a different man now. Or at least supposedly.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
It's nobody's business who's playing politics backstage. There's politics ever where you go work, school. Don't worry about HBK, Triple H, Hogan, Undertaker playing politics because

1) They are the veterans with established track records.

2) You should cheer for what the guys do in the ring. Hell I don't like the Ultimate Warrior outside of wrestling but love watching his matches.

3) No matter what you IWC marks say, there is nothing you can do about the politics and the politics will not kill WWE.

·
The Old Man
2,046 Posts
NDF said:
People care way to much about what happens/happened backstage. In the end, it's a friggin' TV show, get over it...
word

Every smart business person (like the gender neutral line there, heh, I surprised myself with that one too) will utilise ANY association they can to increase their net worth.
Belts & airtime = money in pro (note that prefix) wrestling...you would have done exactly the same, and if you wouldn't, then you have no chance of ever being anything more than just average in life.

Besides, Bulldog & Owen were never belt worhty anyways, just because you liked them, does not make them better than they were.

The screwjob (as it is now called) is still the greatest piece of writing Vince has ever come up with...think about it, it is the ONE event EVERY wrestling fan still talks about, you can't buy exposure like that...kudos to Vince for that script...so unless you are a sadass Candian who hates America for bettering your home country constantly (the one sad trait I seem to find in Bret Hart fans unfortuanately), you will recogniose what a brilliant event that truely was.

But ya, you are welcome to your opinions, as they are just that, your opinions, but I don't agree with any of them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mna i am not saying i don't like hbk, i am just sayign that the stuff he did was kind of harsh, compared to most other backstage politicans.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
militarymind said:
shawn michaels = overrated. his promos take too much time and they suck. ohhh i screwed bret hart. WHO CARES.
HBK > Your mother. NOW STFU BEFORE I GIVE YOU SOME SWEET CHIN MUSIC!

Reactions: Deco™

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Comeback to saying that he sucks? I didn't realize we were supposed to be using really good insults.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
posted by the emporer swindlertine
Every smart business person (like the gender neutral line there, heh, I surprised myself with that one too) will utilise ANY association they can to increase their net worth.
Belts & airtime = money in pro (note that prefix) wrestling...you would have done exactly the same, and if you wouldn't, then you have no chance of ever being anything more than just average in life.

Besides, Bulldog & Owen were never belt worhty anyways, just because you liked them, does not make them better than they were.

The screwjob (as it is now called) is still the greatest piece of writing Vince has ever come up with...think about it, it is the ONE event EVERY wrestling fan still talks about, you can't buy exposure like that...kudos to Vince for that script...so unless you are a sadass Candian who hates America for bettering your home country constantly (the one sad trait I seem to find in Bret Hart fans unfortuanately), you will recogniose what a brilliant event that truely was.

But ya, you are welcome to your opinions, as they are just that, your opinions, but I don't agree with any of them.
just when i thought i couldnt respect the man anymore, he posted that.

HBK > Your mother. NOW STFU BEFORE I GIVE YOU SOME SWEET CHIN MUSIC
damn, i hope you meant that as a joke.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts