Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sat and watched Shane/X-Pac at Wrestlemania 15 and it got me thinking, Shane McMahon was really entertaining throughout 99-2001. He played a great character and I also thought he was really over with the fans. His match with Kurt Angle at KOTR is amazing and his coast to coast at WM17 and jumping off the stage at Backlash were also brilliant spots.

Glorified stuntman? Probably. Hugely entertaining though, not bad for an untrained wrestler! Did anyone else enjoy him in the WWF/WWE?

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
I always enjoyed Shane McMahon matches. In fact, I don't remember a single match he had that didn't entertain me in some capacity, and that's why I'll always remember him as one of my favourite people to watch in WWE. He took some serious bumps, and never seemed to fear doing crazy shit in his matches. Personally, I loved him.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thinking he was the owners son you wouldnt imagine him doing that crazy stuff, which made it that much more cool. I enjoyed Shane, as a personality too. Hopefully after his MMA ventrue he can come take over the company and become the new Mr. Mcmahon character in the future.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I always enjoyed Shane McMahon matches. In fact, I don't remember a single match he had that didn't entertain me in some capacity, and that's why I'll always remember him as one of my favourite people to watch in WWE. He took some serious bumps, and never seemed to fear doing crazy shit in his matches. Personally, I loved him.
Same here. I wouldn't say he's one of my all-time favorites, but I definitely loved watching him wrestle. He was insane, and it was exciting. I might even say he was one of the most exciting wrestlers WWE has ever had.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Shane-O-Mac was the shiz, man! I agree with the OP about the KOTR match with Angle; that was a classic. Very few matches stand out in my memory from years past (relative to the amount of matches I've watched that is), and that is one of them.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
He obviously never had much wrestling ability and took on more of a street-fighting approach to it, but I was impressed by his willingness to take worse bumps than many of the actual wrestlers on the roster.. I still remember that one King of the Ring where he was having a backstage street fight with Kurt Angle, who went to suplex him through a glass window but it didn't break.. ouch.

·
Harley's Circus
2,564 Posts
man wrestler's today in the WWE just don't take the type of bumps shane did during his matches. Almost like he was out to prove something.............oh thats right he was, silly me.
Any way he was great, glorified stunt man or not him and Mick Foley were pretty damn entertaining back then.

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,772 Posts
I always enjoyed a Shane O Mac match. Kurt/Shane sticks out as his best.

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
a thought he was really good in the ring and sold really well, also i loved his move from the top rope to the otherside of the ring using either bins or chairs on the opponents and he was great on the mic.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I honestly used to love Shane-O Mac matches, he wasn't really afraid to toss his ass down the Titantron, or across the ring, or whatever...

and he didn't really do many matches, so its not like it got old or played out

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Boss's Son. Otherwise hes just a regular guy who'd never make it into the WWF/E ring.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Not a knock on Shane, but I have a feeling the reason he was more willing to do more crazy bumps is because at the end of the day he's a millionaire that's set for life. These other guys can't just go out and abuse their bodies like that.

That being said, I can't think of a Shane McMahon match I didn't enjoy.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts