Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ECW Original Shane Douglas spoke with Mister Saint Laurent on MLW Radio, the official podcast of Major League Wrestling. Douglas talked about his Extreme Reunion, thoughts on Vince McMahon as a promoter and more. The full interview can be heard on MLW.com or iTunes.

Douglas talked about TNA President Dixie Carter paying ECW Originals a low amount of money for the TNA Hardcore Justice pay-per-view:

“After Dixie Carter did her show [Hardcore Justice] and paid the guys a ridiculous sum of money, $250 to go out there and do what we do better than most people do, that to me was just so disrespectful. For somebody who has been born and raised in a billion dollar household with a silver spoon in her mouth and up her backside, to ask guys to go out there and do that, for that little bit of money and then when it did better than any pay-per-view event in the last five years, didn’t even offer so much as an extra penny on top of it.”

“I said then and I stand by it, shame on you Dixie Carter that you’d expect anybody to do that in this day and age. At the same time she pays Ric Flair, 62, 63 years old, $35,000 a night. 60 year old Hulk Hogan, $75,000 a night and then somehow figures that these guys that come from ECW just don’t have any value or worth at all. I plan on disproving that.”

24wrestling.com

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
So what is Shane going to pay, $300? Funny how he's still doing these ECW reunion shows when he complained about this stuff before, yet it's okay if he's running them?

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
What a great couple of weeks TNA are having....

this is getting depressing.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
What's sadder, that she paid them that amount, or that they accepted it? lol

Shane is a bitter hypocrite. Anytime there's a reunion and he isn't involved it's "people taking advantage".

·
Banned
966 Posts
Why spend big bucks on these guys when they will just waste it on drugs. Feel sorry for Sabu but from Dixie's POV, yeah there you go:

Sabu, who was booked for the main event of tonight's Extreme Reunion here in Philadelphia, will not be working the show.
I was told that earlier this afternoon, Sabu was found in "bad shape" in his hotel room, according to a source within the promotion. 911 was called and Sabu was rushed to the hospital in Philly. He is still hospitalized as of this writing.

Sabu was scheduled to work Shane Douglas in the main event. I am told the promotion will be changing the card. No decision has been made yet as to how to publicly address it to the live crowd.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Funny how Shane is saying this, yet if they invited him to it he would have done it in an instant. Not like anyone actually earned their money on the show besides New Jack anyway.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,554 Posts
Lol $250? I bet they still made more then they would in old ECW where they didn't even get paid sometimes. Funny how he can talk shit about TNA, yet he worked in ECW, a place that paid them small salaries to kill themselves every week.

·
Banned
966 Posts
End of the day Dixie came out really well out of this:

Sabu hospitalized; Extreme Reunion notes

Sabu was rushed to the hospital this afternoon after being what police called intoxicated at his hotel room before the Extreme Reunion show. Sabu didn't appear at a fan convention before the show and people were worried.

Sabu was scheduled to face Shane Douglas in the main event. The story given was he had an allergic reaction to medication.

The show started 30 minutes late. We don't have other details other than the building was sold out with about 2,400 fans, making it probably the biggest indie show of the year in North America.

Justin Credible was kicked out from backstage after reportedly passing out.

It's 11 p.m. at this writing, fans are chanting "End the show." They have about an hour's worth of scheduled matches left.

Jerry Lynn vs. Devon Storm is stealing the show right now and turned the mood around, with "Thank You Jerry, Thank you Crowbar" chants.

Women in the crowd having been flashing their boobs.

Shane Douglas got in the ring and the natives wre chanting "refund" at him. Not exactly what you'd expect from a nostalgia crowd.

They are now ending the show with Douglas vs. Too Cold Scorpio, so apparently pulled some things from the show due to being late.

Douglas won when Tod Gordon helped him. Fans were throwing things at the ring at the end of the show.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,249 Posts
2,400 fans is insane for an indy show in Philly. And I wasn't even there!

Also as an indy wrestling fan, if the show doesn't start 30 minutes you should consider yourself lucky. Still sounds like the show was terrible though.

One of the reports I read about Sabu was that he had an allergic reaction to a medication he was on. If that's the case it's not nearly as bad as what people first think about when they read the report.

·
Registered
925 Posts
From Nova's Facebook:

Some of the guys told me about last night..my take?..If you book "ECW GUYS" , you get the problems they bring with them. Period..I hope Sabu is okay and I was told PJ made a fool of himself with his condition too. I am still trying to figure out why he would put a photo of a messed up Sabu on twitter...but oh well. In any event, I do feel bad for Shane because I know he tried hard and this was important to him. Most of the guys tried hard, but we have to remember, in front of one of the toughest crowds in the world, anything less than the best would have been panned. The ECW original faithful got to see one of the best in ring products and experiences of all time. This was for nostalgia , nothing more. I know they have plans for a second show, but that's doubtful at this time. I hope the fans at least try to commend those that tried. For me, my reunions ended with Francine's show a few years ago, and with Hardcore Justice last year. I did Francine show because it was a good cause and Franny is the best. I did HJ because I thought I could use a free trip to Orlando for the day and see some old friends. Dixie Carter was very gracious and paid me handsomely to do the show. It was at that event I realized that it had been over for years, and was never , ever coming back. I'm in the same boat as Dreamer, publicly stating that I won't ever do another ECW reunion show of any type....ever. "Intergalactic" has played for the last time..(ha)...trust me..I"ll remember it for what it was...I was there for the first pay per view,,and the last one....I saw it all....and will never forget it..
Interesting.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts