Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched the trailer for WWE2K18 when this thought popped into my head. I mean, looks so cool destroying and vandalizing all those WWE memorabilia and basically giving the finger to every WWE legend in the past. Rollins character is currently stale and he badly needs a character rehash so why not this? Of course have his interpretation be different than Orton's. And we've got whole host of talent about to hit 40 or are already over that age, so theres plenty of 'legends' for him to kill. I'm thinking have him be more of a tweener in contrast to Orton's heel version one where he does it to prove that he is better than the past generation and not necessarily to retire them but have him be obsessed woth it almost like a heel. Lastly, he needs be more of an outcast instead of this generic athelte he is now. Maybe wear street clothes more and act almost like a one man shield with ambushes.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Legend killer gimmick has been done.

I am baffled why they are portraying Rollins as an asshole in the game vignette and a goody too shoes on raw.

Let him be a heel or at least a crazy unhinged face not a spineless corporate baby. This is the man that attempted to murder Ambrose and edge live on air ffs not that long ago.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I am baffled why they are portraying Rollins as an asshole in the game vignette and a goody too shoes on raw..
because the trailer wouldve been created by 2k, Im sure wwe signed it off but I wouldnt be surprised if they dont really care how someone is portrayed in the trailer, as long as its not offensive etc, it would likely be a simple case of "oh seth will look cool"

job done.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
Nah they should give Seth a militant atheist gimmick.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Orton was lucky they had so many legends at the time to put him over, without that Legend Killer phase he would be know as someone that was always boring.... just like Rollins right now.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Are we reusing/copying old gimmicks now because WWE can't think of decent new gimmicks?

There is only one Legend Killer.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
He should have debuted 5 years ago with this vignette. The Shield were awful and him turning was even worse. The Legend Killer gimmick is unfortunately already taken by a stale piece of bread they call Randy Orton.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,833 Posts
I just can't buy into the idea of anyone other than Randy Orton as the Legend Killer. It was his gimmick, and he did a great job with it. The feuds he had with Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan, and Undertaker were epic. It can't be replicated by Rollins if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,397 Posts

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
be better than his stupid suck up to the crowd gimmick.

Reactions: The Boy Wonder

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
21,285 Posts
Orton wasn't even that much of a legend killer. Most of the top guys eventually beat the same guys, so calling one a legend killer is a little dumb. Who did Orton beat that others didn't? Foley? Triple H? HBK? Cena? Plenty of other guys who beat them more than once. It's a silly gimmick.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
If anyone is getting to get the Legend Killer gimmick, it will be Roman. He's already crossed off The Undertaker. He will retire Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Cena thereafter.

Rollins will only be a legend killer if he keeps causing injury to the roster or other part-timers.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Now, that's taking the WWE 2K18 commercial too far.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts