Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

The Babyface of WF
Normally I like listening to Cornette in this instance he's bat shit insane making judgemental comments about Becky's pregnancy, Seth has a right to just shut him down and nobody will turn up the heat against him except sheep.

Registered
Contracts often have stipulations in them. I think John Elway couldn't snow ski. If later, WWE adds something to talent's contracts wording to prevent their champions from getting pregnant then that shows this isn't great for business. There are laws protecting employees and women in maternity leave. I feel Cornette is acting like this is comparable to getting a tattoo, shaving long hair off to crew cut.. like it is a bad choice at the time. Cornette's issue seems to be the timing. I get she has a belt, but during this crisis is actually the best time to be away. I think Cornette is looking at this like a star (champion) getting pregnant in the middle of filming a major blockbuster movie. I look at it more like a star getting pregnant during a tv series where it can be written in. It is only an issue because she is champion, but it isn't really an issue. Congrats to her. IF... she wants to come back to wrestling, it is a story line of champion vs champion because she didn't lose the belt. Kind of like UFC intern champion vs champion.

Cornette's comments on the segment.... it wasn't the best. Mainly because of our current situation keeping crowds away. I think it is likely that both were suppose to stay in character, but when Becky talked about this she actually became emotional.

I just feel it isn't doing harm to the business in 2020. It is more important than some belt in WWE. I have friends who say they have a son, a daughter and a (not trying to be funny.. I honestly forgot the correct term to put here.) But basically, a miscarriage so a baby in heaven. Women are getting more outspoken on this. Thru my friendships with women I now understand how common it is to have a miscarriage. We should never ask couples when they will have children, why they don't have children, why is there such an age gap between siblings. I think it is best to just be happy for Becky.

Registered
it is when people ignore the tone that something is said in.

"jim cornette hates babies"馃ぃ
I don't understand your point here. Does the tongue slightly in the cheek make this less cunty than if he said it with anger and malice? It's still a cunty thing to say.

Registered
I don't understand your point here. Does the tongue slightly in the cheek make this less cunty than if he said it with anger and malice? It's still a cunty thing to say.
yeah, that's how language works. did you think he was really deep down mad about it and hated babies?

all seth had to say was "oh jim, you're so crazy. we'll be fine though don't worry about us lol."

Registered
yeah, that's how language works. did you think he was really deep down mad about it and hated babies?

all seth had to say was "oh jim, you're so crazy. we'll be fine though don't worry about us lol."
If it was your wife that's how you would respond?

(Cough) Pussy (Cough)

Registered
You might disagree with what Cornette said, hell might even disagree with the comparisons, but it was hardly misogynistic
I thought his comparisons were bang on tbh. I can't think of any other times a woman at the pinnacle of her sport left to have a baby.

It's an interesting story and will have an effect on woman's sports.

Registered
Seth should be more grateful to Cornette, especially after Corny defended his sloppy ass from Bret Hart's criticisms for nearly crippling Sting back in 2015. Fuck Seth.

P.S. Becky has weird taste in "men", but then again she's from Dublin. I actually thought she and Dean were a perfect match, buI guess Dean is also a weirdo who is into bland blondes.

Registered
Well, I can see how someone of Cornettes era, or to be honest now, would be pretty amazed by Becky Lynch getting pregnant in her current spot. Historically wrestlers, once they made it to that top spot, made as much hay while the sun was shining as they could knowing it could end at any moment. Paul Orndorff kept going until his arm wouldn't move anymore, Steve Austin came back in 3 months knowing he was on borrowed time with a neck injury, because that was their opportunity to make life changing money for them and the next generation of their family. When you throw in the fact Becky Lynch is a woman and a woman's never really been main event level over before, it is pretty amazing.

Then again it's up to her what she does, guys are leaving huge NFL contracts for personal/health reasons more and more because real life is ultimately more important than a sport, she can certainly come back and perhaps a year out will have worked for her, or maybe fans will have moved on, it's hard to say. I'm sure she's made a few dollars and her husbands one of the top guys there so she's not going to starve.

Registered
Well, I can see how someone of Cornettes era, or to be honest now, would be pretty amazed by Becky Lynch getting pregnant in her current spot. Historically wrestlers, once they made it to that top spot, made as much hay while the sun was shining as they could knowing it could end at any moment. Paul Orndorff kept going until his arm wouldn't move anymore, Steve Austin came back in 3 months knowing he was on borrowed time with a neck injury, because that was their opportunity to make life changing money for them and the next generation of their family. When you throw in the fact Becky Lynch is a woman and a woman's never really been main event level over before, it is pretty amazing.

Then again it's up to her what she does, guys are leaving huge NFL contracts for personal/health reasons more and more because real life is ultimately more important than a sport, she can certainly come back and perhaps a year out will have worked for her, or maybe fans will have moved on, it's hard to say. I'm sure she's made a few dollars and her husbands one of the top guys there so she's not going to starve.
Didn't Cornette also mention how stupid it was of her to end up pregnant in the middle of a pandemic, where hospital staff are pretty much focused on ailing patients? No? Just me? Okay...

Premium Member
He鈥檚 trying to dance around the line of both defending his wife And not getting flamed on social media like he鈥檚 been the last couple years lol. They guy is tip toeing with an angry face.
That's how he talks.That's how he talked about Mox but people of course focused on the few controversial things he said.

Fearless University Graduate
I support Seth in this matter, but really? Such a spineless, nothing response. Cornette is a piece of shit who said some incredibly dumb and pathetic things about you wife. Call him the piece of shit that he is Seth, dont pussy foot around it.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts