Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the most recent edition of Corey Graves' After the Bell podcast, Seth took time to respond to Jim Cornette's comments about Becky Lynch's pregnancy....

"It hurt my feelings on a personal level, because Jim Cornette is someone who is a legend in our industry, and he is someone that I have personally worked with in Ring of Honor. For him to come out and say some real negative things, some real misogynist things about women in general, and pregnancy in the industry. It caught me off guard and made me lose a lot of respect for somebody that a lot of people have kind of lost respect for, and I was still holding on to hope that somewhere along the line there was a personal connection between Jim and I, that he would think twice before making some egregious comments about women, about my wife, that were completely - I can't even forgive them. I don't want to repeat them."

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
7,919 Posts
Lost some respect? You should’ve lost all respect for him Seth. Stop being moist and just say he was wrong about it.
He’s trying to dance around the line of both defending his wife And not getting flamed on social media like he’s been the last couple years lol. They guy is tip toeing with an angry face.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I've recently become a pretty big fan of Cornette. However, in this instance, he's not exactly thinking logically in terms of the female body. Becky is 33 and that is right around the time that women really need to shit or get off the pot in terms of wanting children. Much past that time, you are risking potential birth defects or complications with the pregnancy. It's not likes she's 25 and got pregnant while they were pushing her as the top star.

Seth is actually playing this one correctly and not coming off like a whiny douche

·
Registered
541 Posts
He’s trying to dance around the line of both defending his wife And not getting flamed on social media like he’s been the last couple years lol. They guy is tip toeing with an angry face.
Yeah. Seth has obviously learned a thing or two about social media conduct.

He actually comes across as a mature and intellectual being here instead of just yelling "CORNETT SUXORS!"

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
7,919 Posts
Yeah. Seth has obviously learned a thing or two about social media conduct.

He actually comes across as a mature and intellectual being here instead of just yelling "CORNETT SUXORS!"
Yeah definitely a far cry from the old Seth on social media lol. I like that he’s standing up for Becky without seeming malicious or making himself into public enemy #1. Cornette is the one that looks like the fool.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
With a guy like Cornette you almost have to let him put his foot in his own mouth because you're never going to change him. He's been hounding Russo for 20 years, he's already more than established that he uses hatred and negativity as fuel to perpetuate his soap box. He feeds off this shit. His audience encourages this side of him. Now major wrestling promotions aren't presented in the way that he likes, so he decided to look at everything they do with shit-tinted glasses.

I actually agree with some of his opinions, but he sure has a way to present them without any tact, and he tends to exaggerate/dramatize stuff to the 100th degree

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,145 Posts
A well thought out post by Seth. He's not outright burying Cornette here but his words would probably have an effect in making someone feel bad about what they might have said. Although I don't think Cornette will care. If he didn't apologize for insulting Dana Brooke he probably won't apologize about this.

·
Registered
627 Posts
why are people acting this like is 1971 with women in their 30s having kids?

jim is a guy who never had kids so what did peopel think his stance would be? he didn't even actually say anything bad about them.

also they works for vince mcmahon, he literally let a guy die in the ring and kept the show going.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
What he said about Becky wasn't the worst. Was just implying that he values making money over settling down (with some minor misogynistic comments but nothing major) which I disagree with personally. So it's debatable. But what he said about Dana, however...

“Her entire face looks like it was remodeled after somebody set fire to it and put it out with an axe. What the f**k has happened? Did she do that on purpose or was she in a horrible accident? What the f**k?”

Yikes.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
What he said about Becky wasn't the worst. Was just implying that he values making money over settling down (with some minor misogynistic comments but nothing major) which I disagree with personally. So it's debatable. But what he said about Dana, however...

Yikes.
Yeah that Dana comment was a bit extreme. I honestly don't think she is ugly.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Rollins carries himself well, he's made a few questionable comments but he's owned up to all of them and admitted he was wrong. Cornette is legit just a crusty old cunt who's trying to cling onto the limited relevancy he has by trying to be controversial.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts