Wrestling Forum banner

Rollins or Ambrose; Who Has More Potential?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No, I'm not asking who has the dumber name, I want to know who you think is the most promising young star of the two. In case you're unfamiliar, they're both in developmental right now and have been earning rave reviews, especially Ambrose for his promo ability.

I personally am more excited for Ambrose who is something of a throwback to the 90's with his promo style. Hopefully WWE let him loose because he can be a true superstar if he's given the freedom. Rollins is getting better and seems more confident when talking now. His physique has improved a little and he reminds me of a young and skinnier Edge.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I love Moxley and Black.

They're two of the top future stars in FCW right now along w/ Richie Steamboat and Bo Rotunda.

Black has the potential to be a true player as a face, and Moxley a heel for the WWE later. Black is better in-ring while Moxley's better on the stick.

Regal marks for them both and for good reason.

I'd vote for both equally if I could.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love Moxley and Black.

They're two of the top future stars in FCW right now along w/ Richie Steamboat and Bo Rotunda.

Black has the potential to be a true player as a face, and Moxley a heel for the WWE later. Black is better in-ring while Moxley's better on the stick.

Regal marks for them both and for good reason.

I'd vote for both equally if I could.

This man has taken the words right out of mind.

I saw their 30 minute match and a couple of Moxley's promos.

Possibly MOTY contender and Moxley is awesome on the mic.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
They both have different things to offer, which I think is great. Ambrose is a great promo guy, with oodles of charisma and an awesome heel character. A true throwback, something like a modern day Roddy Piper.

Rollins on the other hand is a tremendous athlete and and the better of the two when it comes to ring work. He plays a great babyface too, which I think is a big reason why the two of them are meshing so well. He's more representative of the future of wrestling, in contrast to Ambrose being more of a throwback and when those things collide, it is so awesome. I like his character and ideals, especially the Age of the Fall type stuff. The whole "future of the business" thing would fit in well to the 'reality' era. At his core, he's a kid with a love of wrestling trying to contribute to its evolution and BE an important part of it. Out with the old, in with the new etc, quite similar to CM Punk.

As I said, both guys offer different things and both have areas they need to work on- Rollins on the mic and Ambrose in the ring- but I definitely think they're going to be two of the top stars in the future. It's difficult to tell who's the more promising star at this point, but I have a good feeling about the two of them. Call 'em up, let them do what they've been doing in FCW and then we'll see what happens.

·
Banned
611 Posts
Both men have a very bright future in the company. I would not be surprised if in five years from now they are two of the top guys in the company. We're looking at two future world champions.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
They're both potentially hugely important. It'd take a gargantuan display of stupidity on WWE's part to waste either guy. But as of right now, Rollins is probably the more proven commodity, by a whisker.
That's why I'm hoping they're just biding their time and waiting for the PERFECT moment to call them up. It won't do either one of them any good to be shoved on Smackdown for no rhyme or reason à la Jinder Mahal and AJ Lee, with no important or interesting programs planned out. And unless they're integrated into the conspiracy angle somehow, they'd just get lost in the shuffle on Raw.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Both are great talents, good in the ring and show charisma. But assuming both guys are handled equally well, Seth Rollins, in spite of his worse mic skill, will pretty much beat out Ambrose for one reason: Seth is more physically attractive and ultimately has more upside as a face, which is a key thing in a face oriented company like WWE.

Seth gets over with the guys through his ring work and gets over with the girls through his ring work and his attractiveness. Ambrose has the talent to easily get over with the audience as a heel, but doesn't feel like a guy who would be as effective as a face while pretty much ANYBODY can play an effective heel if they are over and the heel turn is executed well.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Speak for yourself, I think Moxley/Ambrose is a total babe.

But in all seriousness, that's a good point.

·
King James
24,655 Posts
If Seth Rollins receives the right character and booking I think he could potentially build a fan base similar to a Jeff Hardy whose void has yet to be filled. The man could be a hugely over babyface if he finds that connection with the crowds because he can perform as a babyface in that ring extremely well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts