Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Charisma is when people look at you and start shivering.
399 Posts
I've never seen a more insecure fan base than Rock fans. It's never Austin fans that start this debate. They already know where Austin's prowrestling legacy stands.
Its actually Austin's fan base who are more ridiculous. How can they say it wasn't even close when they both were neck to neck in popularity. I've been on several posts in the pasts before finally joining here in 2019 and I can show you several examples to prove my point.
Rock fans want healthy debate but Austin fans go too far by saying such things.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
The Rock took the WWF to heights never before seen, Smackdown was named after him.
The ratings in 2000 with Rock were MEGA POWERFUL without Austin there for most of the year. Ratings went down in 2001 when he went on vacation, upn threatened to cancel smackdown in 2002 when he left in the Summer. Rock had the highest buyrate for a WM ever 17 and 28.

And lets not get to his movie career that has nothing to do with Wrestling, but it still mops the floor with Stunning Steve Austin.
Yeah, I was about to come in here and say just this. Austin & Rock had similar runs in terms of time in the company. Austin debuted in January 1996, The Rock in November 1996.

They were both pretty much done as regular performers by WM 19. And honestly from 1999-2003 it’s very arguable that the Rock was as big, if not bigger than Austin. The Rock also got the Hogan match at Mania - not Austin. The Rock came back and main evented 2 more WMs against Cena.

You can’t argue Austin’s impact on this business. He’s absolutely on Mount Rushmore. As is Hogan. But, if Austin is, The Rock absolutely is, too.

101 - 102 of 102 Posts