Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Charisma is when people look at you and start shivering.
314 Posts
Mr. Rollins has no credibility whatsoever.
Remember his comments about Will Osprey? He said that Will might not be able to make it in the business. Now look where Will is.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
In 2019 in a radio interview he says his Rushmore is: "Hogan, Rock, Flair, and maybe Austin…"

Then in 2020 in a WWE YouTube video he says: "The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Vince McMahon"

Notice he added Vince and got rid of Flair. Now it’s "Cena, Hogan, Sammartino and Austin"

This ass lick can’t even keep his list in order.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Austin’s run wasent that long too. Based on that logic. Rock clearly was the biggest draw the industry ever saw. But end of day it’s Hogan.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
In 2019 in a radio interview he says his Rushmore is: "Hogan, Rock, Flair, and maybe Austin…"

Then in 2020 in a WWE YouTube video he says: "The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Vince McMahon"

Notice he added Vince and got rid of Flair. Now it’s "Cena, Hogan, Sammartino and Austin"

This ass lick can’t even keep his list in order.
Cena is the controversial choice considering many fans hated him.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Cena is the controversial choice considering many fans hated him.
Exactly. He was universally hated by half the audience. They even acknowledge this in documentaries etc. That in itself disqualifies him from being a Rushmore name.

Also that longevity argument is bullshit because Undertaker has had far longer longevity than him. Also what positive impact has Cena ever had? He’s been a driving force behind the decline of viewership. Because of him a lot of old fans started to see the product as soft and fake.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Exactly. He was universally hated by half the audience. They even acknowledge this in documentaries etc. That in itself disqualifies him from being a Rushmore name.

Also that longevity argument is bullshit because Undertaker has had far longer longevity than him. Also what positive impact has Cena ever had? He’s been a driving force behind the decline of viewership. Because of him a lot of old fans started to see the product as soft and fake.
He also said he picked Austin over Rock because Austin was the bigger fan favorite. If that's true, why did he pick Cena who was hated by fans? Based on fan favorites, the list would be Hogan, Austin, Rock and Bryan or Undertaker. Cena is just a weird choice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Rollins is dead on about Austin over Rock in the AE. I think it is hilarious because I like both guys but without Austin taking off in 1997 WWF dies. Rock never even has a chance because WWF does not stay afloat.

Also Bret made Austin way more despite Austin taking 2 high profile losses to Bret than Austin did beating HBK in the ME of WM14.
Spot on. Bret and Austin saved the company (Bret in 91/92 and Austin in 96/97). Mania 13 was significant as the torch being passed. In that respect, Rushmore in my lifetime would be Hogan, Bret, Austin and Taker.

Rock was a 3rd generation talent who was given it on a plate, and when he was struggling to get over they pretty much just put belts on him. I don’t recall at any point him carrying the company pretty much single handedly. No question of the quality of his mic skills and charisma though. If there was a Mt Rushmore for that, he’d be the first on there.

Top 20 greatest WWE in my lifetime (mid 80s onwards)
1. Austin
2. Bret
3. Hogan
4. Taker
5. Cena
6. Rock
7. Orton
8. Savage
9. HBK
10. Jericho
11. Eddie
12. HHH
13. Owen
14. Edge
15. Jake
16. Rick Rude
17. Perfect
18. Benoit
19. Dibiase
20. Foley

Nobody who debuted post 2002 gets a sniff on this list, which should highlight my feelings on the business since.

What I’d give to see that 20 man battle royal when they were all in their prime 😍

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Spot on. Bret and Austin saved the company (Bret in 91/92 and Austin in 96/97). Mania 13 was significant as the torch being passed. In that respect, Rushmore in my lifetime would be Hogan, Bret, Austin and Taker.

Rock was a 3rd generation talent who was given it on a plate, and when he was struggling to get over they pretty much just put belts on him. I don’t recall at any point him carrying the company pretty much single handedly. No question of the quality of his mic skills and charisma though. If there was a Mt Rushmore for that, he’d be the first on there.

1. Austin
2. Bret
3. Hogan
4. Taker
5. Cena
6. Rock
7. Orton
8. Savage
9. HBK
10. Jericho
11. Eddie
12. HHH
13. Owen
14. Edge
15. Jake
16. Rick Rude
17. Perfect
18. Benoit
19. Dibiase
20. Foley

Nobody who debuted post 2002 gets a sniff on this list, which should highlight my feelings on the business since.

What I’d give to see that 20 man battle royal when they were all in their prime 😍
Agree with 99% percent of what you said but kinda throw up in my mouth a little about you ranking Cena #5. The guy was a negative on the business, not a positive. He drove more fans away from the product than anyone in the history of WWE. For this reason he shouldn't be in anyone's top anything unless it's a top list of wrestlers that caused fans to stop watching WWE.

·
Registered
589 Posts

1. Austin
2. Bret
3. Hogan
4. Taker
5. Cena
6. Rock
7. Orton
8. Savage
9. HBK
10. Jericho
11. Eddie
12. HHH
13. Owen
14. Edge
15. Jake
16. Rick Rude
17. Perfect
18. Benoit
19. Dibiase
20. Foley

I think you mean 98 .. in 96&97 The WWF was still struggling massively
It wasn’t until Austin/Mcmahon that they got the momentum and became financially safe and even booming

I will say that while 1998 - the turning point/critical year of the MNW - is all Austin’s credit, however 1999 I believe Rock was carrying the show just as much, Austin was still the #1 guy undisputed and but Rock as the #2 was stealing the show quality-wise after Austin/Mcmahon dragged on post Wrestlemania and lost its steam (it was still drawing obviously but the magic was flattened, especially with the Higher Power silliness). He became a pop-culture sensation that year after turning babyface. I’m pretty sure that the viewership in 1999 almost doubled that of 98 and I’d wager it’s because of having two giant stars instead of one, keep in mind WCW was still doing good business (although clearly on burrowed time).

That’s why I never understood the logic behind the idea that Rock just simply inherited Austin’s legacy all of a sudden without any prior notice. That argument would’ve been plausible had Austin been injured in late 1998, not after a full year of The Rock in the main event scene and pulling in big numbers and establishing WWF’s dominance.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts