Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“If you just go basically what they’ve done in WWE, you’re probably going to have to go [John] Cena,” Rollins said. “I think Cena. Gosh, it’s really toss up between Rock and Stone Cold. I’m gonna have to say Stone Cold on that. Probably Hogan and then probably [Bruno] Sammartino. Rock’s a fair argument, but I would argue that Steve’s impact on the WWE is bigger than Rock’s, especially during his time here because Rock had a pretty short run. He was really on top for not very long, and then he jettisoned out and now he’s the biggest movie star in the business.

“So not taking anything away Dwayne, from DJ, from my guy but Austin was the bigger fan favorite in the late ’90s and really ushered in the Attitude Era, I would say, more so than anybody. And Rock was a big part of the Attitude Era in the back end of it but wasn’t necessarily the catalyst for it like Steve was. Steve was the catalyst for business being as good as it was, and he was the guy that was selling out the arenas and the t-shirts with the Austin 3:16 and all that. So yeah, that’s a tough one.”
Article

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
In no way fathomable way does that garbage Cena come close the level of impact the Rock had. Talk about asslicking someone who happens to be your friend.

Sammartino, Hogan, Austin and Rock are credible answers. Even Rogers as WWE champion for one month has had a bigger impact for WWE than Cena. There is no WWE without Rogers.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Yeah, or you just bump Cena and have Rock and Austin. Hogan is definitely on there, he's probably the most iconic name in the history of wrestling. Rock and Austin are of the same era, but so are Washington and Jefferson, with that level of greatness you don't have to choose.

Bruno was on top for so long that it's hard to argue with him on a WWE Mt. Rushmore, but a Mt. Rushmore of American wrestling? I don't know. Flair has a strong claim.

Cena might get on as recent name, but he'd definitely be the Theodore Roosevelt of the group.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Eh - if its a WWE/F only list you gotta have Bruno and Hogan. The other 2 are up for debate. Personally I'd bump Cena off the cliff and have Rock and SCSA as the other 2.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In no way fathomable way does that garbage Cena come close the level of impact the Rock had. Talk about asslicking someone who happens to be your friend.

Sammartino, Hogan, Austin and Rock are credible answers. Even Rogers as WWE champion for one month has had a bigger impact for WWE than Cena. There is no WWE without Rogers.
Seth doesn't like Rock. He said something of "WWE doesn't need The Rock." I think he was unhappy with The Rock returns and taking the current roster spot.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Seth doesn't like Rock. He said something of "WWE doesn't need The Rock." I think he was unhappy with The Rock returns and taking the current roster spot.
Why is this moron unhappy with the Rock? His return was beneficial for business and because of him WrestleMania did 1 million buyrate from 27-29 and the highest ever at 28. Whose spot was he even taking? Because they’re not even on the level of The Rock. He was de facto the face of the company and meant to lead the WWE into the 2010's decade, but he left for Hollywood when he hit 30 and WWE had to build a new face by going with Lesnar and then Cena.

Why don’t these morons complain about the Undertaker or Triple H who continually took a spot from every WrestleMania and always had the longest matches on the card. These fucking idiots always trying to underhand The Rock. WWE needs the Rock more than he needs them. He's the 3rd most followed person on Instagram with 227 million followers. The Rock is mainstream and always has been since his first run. WWE will always have a home for established legends like Rock, Austin, Hogan. They fucking built the company on their backs. Unlike garbage Rollins, one of the worst draws ever.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Rollins is actually a good draw and not garbage. So you are wrong on both accounts
Stop fucking replying to me, you’re in my ignored list. I’ve had enough of your garbage worshiping of Rollins.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts