Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about bad booking, talk about that in another thread.

I'm talking about how WWE actually always has plans for this guy (bar 2016), but he ALWAYS gets the worst of luck.

During his 2016 world title run, he gets a freak injury.
During his 2017 Road to WM, he gets a minor injury, limiting his storyline w/ HHH.
During the 2017 Shield reunion, Reigns gets injured. Shield reunion ruined.
During his 2018 run with Ambrose, Ambrose gets injured.
During his 2018 run with Jordan, Jordan gets injured.

The guy is always involved in big angles, but things that don't go his way always occur. Had all these bad luck not happened, he'd be a much bigger star than he is now. Anyone else with worse luck than Rollins?

·
JANUARY 5TH
3,906 Posts
Re: Seth Rollins: Unluckiest career ever?

I'm not talking about bad booking, talk about that in another thread.

I'm talking about how WWE actually always has plans for this guy (bar 2016), but he ALWAYS gets the worst of luck.

During his 2016 world title run, he gets a freak injury.
During his 2017 Road to WM, he gets a minor injury, limiting his storyline w/ HHH.
During the 2017 Shield reunion, Reigns gets injured. Shield reunion ruined.
During his 2018 run with Ambrose, Ambrose gets injured.
During his 2018 run with Jordan, Jordan gets injured.

The guy is always involved in big angles, but things that don't go his way always occur. Had all these bad luck not happened, he'd be a much bigger star than he is now. Anyone else with worse luck than Rollins?
Droz, Hayabusa, Owen Hart and many more.

But yeah Seth is not the luckiest either.

·
Banned
334 Posts

Well let's not act that he has been a top notch performer anyway. His performances have been way down for the past year or so and he wouldn't even be Top 5 in the ring atm (something which is his USP). He still has more accolades than 99% of the roster inspite of all that. Unlucky? More like one of the lucky wrestlers of this generation.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts

Probably have been people with worse luck but Seth is definitely up there, he's having rotten luck.

Then again you have to think the guys who've been getting injured like Jordan and Ambrose are probably unluckier, at least Seth can still compete.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,580 Posts

Watch this be a cruel but clever way for Seth Rollins to return to the world title picture. Work with anyone around him and they somehow eventually get injured. Eliminating whatever competition he has to become world champion again. The ultimate plan :trips8

Yea, Rollins is unlucky though. Same with Dean Ambrose and Jason Jordan :(

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
He's been pretty unlucky but he is still in a good position for this year. They can now shift him over from the Jason Jordan fued to something else for WrestleMania. Hell I wouldn't mind a Miz/Balor/Rollins Triple Threat at Mania. To me that's a bigger match than Rollins vs. Jordan.

·
Registered
948 Posts

Watch this be a cruel but clever way for Seth Rollins to return to the world title picture. Work with anyone around him and they somehow eventually get injured. Eliminating whatever competition he has to become world champion again. The ultimate plan :trips8

Yea, Rollins is unlucky though. Same with Dean Ambrose and Jason Jordan :(
Imagine the heat he would get admitting he injured Ambrose and Jordan so he can get title opportunity and then winning the title

·
The Legacy Continues
1,260 Posts

Imagine the heat he would get admitting he injured Ambrose and Jordan so he can get title opportunity and then winning the title
Well, he is suddenly teaming with Roman now... so maybe there is a method to his madness. He's still got time before Wrestlemania to take Roman's spot.

The architect has outdone himself. He is potentially close to putting 2/3 of The Shield on the injured list. Of course, I wish Roman well. :p

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Is this his curse for cashing in the MITB and winning the title Roman was poised to win at WM31? Will Rollins ever have a decent Wrestlemania feud?

With Jordan now out, maybe a face Rollins vs heel Balor feud? I don't think Balor is doing much either, unless they have him penciled in for a feud with Cena.

Lesnar vs Reigns vs Rollins could work and play off how WM31 ended. You can still have Roman win, but how Rollins be the x-factor of that match with keeping that high energy pace.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Seth has had a string of bad luck, there's no denying that, but there are a string of guys who have had MUCH worse. The easiest most blunt way of putting it is Seth still has his life and his health, other's are not so fortunate. I suppose an argument could be made for him being the most consistently unlucky performer but if given the choice I think pretty much everyone would take it over flat out unluckiest.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
He's had a run of bad luck leading up to Mania but I'd say Dean & Jordan have the worse luck considering they're the ones who are actually injured lol. At least Seth will get a match at Mania.

And last year wasn't so bad, he still had his match at least.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Is this his curse for cashing in the MITB and winning the title Roman was poised to win at WM31? Will Rollins ever have a decent Wrestlemania feud?

With Jordan now out, maybe a face Rollins vs heel Balor feud? I don't think Balor is doing much either, unless they have him penciled in for a feud with Cena.

Lesnar vs Reigns vs Rollins could work and play off how WM31 ended. You can still have Roman win, but how Rollins be the x-factor of that match with keeping that high energy pace.
I agree with the idea of putting Rollins in that match to make it a triple threat. Rollins and Reigns have had this Shield reunion, so they have can have that competitive animosity built into the storyline. Have Rollins talk about how he has already pinned Reigns for the title twice, and that Reigns can't beat him, etc. There is unfinished business still from WM 31. Rollins/Lesnar never had a proper match or finish for the title. Fans will actually be into the match with Rollins being inserted.

Just have Seth/Roman do some kind of finish in the Chamber where they pin each other. Very easy to set up.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It sucks but don't forget that Seth is still one of the most successful, breakout stars of this era. He's only 31, he still probably has about a decade of great things to come.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts