Wrestling Forum banner

Seth Rollins is the next C.M Punk

11798 Views 80 Replies 60 Participants Last post by  RAWHEADREX99
IMO current NXT champion Seth Rollins is the next rising star and is very simalar in ring to C.M Punk
Reactions: The One
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,551 Posts
I say more like a Jeff Hardy that can wrestle.

· Banned
698 Posts
IMO current NXT champion Seth Rollins is the next rising star and is very simalar in ring to C.M Punk
Yes, Seth Rollins is just like CM Punk. Except for the fact that their styles are totally different, CM Punk is charismatic and has good psychology. Wait, those are pretty massive differences.

No he isn't. Rollins is a great wrestler, but over all he's nowhere near Punk. He's more like a much better version of John Morrison who's promos are actually tolerable.
Rollins wishes he was better than Morrison.

Seth Rollins is the next John Morrison.
Rollins wishes he had the ring skills necessary to be the next Morrison.

Jeff Hardy is more like it
Not in anything resembling reality is Rollins the next Jeff Hardy.

He's a more tolerable John Morrison than anything.
Not even close.

I say more like a Jeff Hardy that can wrestle.
More like a Jeff hardy that has no charisma and has forgotten the rudiments of how to wrestle.

· Registered
1,788 Posts
Jeff Hardy had tons of charisma and an unique look. Rollins on the other hand is a Punk wannabe: guy in trunks and kickpads who kicks his opponents and has a pseudo-punk "character".

Boring. Generic. Bland. Unoriginal.
Jeff Hardy does not have tons of charisma. There's a reason no-one gives him promo time, he's better without a mic in his hand. He just has that 'it factor'.

I do genuinely think Rollins has that as well, or at least to some degree (like people have said, midcard at best might be a fair shout). He's already probably the top star in NXT and gets the biggest crowd response in the Full Sail Zone.

Rollins isn't generic though - generic is guys like Alex Riley. He has an 'alternative face' kind of look that could go either way in the future. He could be fairly successful with it or he could totally bomb. Hard to tell, I guess.

· Registered
5,085 Posts
Jeff Hardy does not have tons of charisma. There's a reason no-one gives him promo time, he's better without a mic in his hand. He just has that 'it factor'.

I do genuinely think Rollins has that as well, or at least to some degree (like people have said, midcard at best might be a fair shout). He's already probably the top star in NXT and gets the biggest crowd response in the Full Sail Zone.

Rollins isn't generic though - generic is guys like Alex Riley. He has an 'alternative face' kind of look that could go either way in the future. He could be fairly successful with it or he could totally bomb. Hard to tell, I guess.
Charisma isn't always mic skills. It's your prescence, and charisma is ultimately what leads to overness. It Factor & Charisma are the same thing.

· Registered
1,788 Posts
Charisma isn't always mic skills. It's your prescence, and charisma is ultimately what leads to overness. It Factor & Charisma are the same thing.
I've never fully bought into the idea of the 'it factor' anyway (hence the inverted commas) but it does seem to be a decent coverall for people who get over regardless of what they do.

IMO, if charisma and the 'it factor' are the same thing, Rollins is an anomaly. He doesn't have that presence you were saying comes under charisma, minus that mosh stuff he does when he makes his entrance (which is ridiculous to me anyway) and he doesn't have much mic skills, yet the crowd still respond to him really well. Maybe it's his look and possibly his moveset, but that doesn't fall under charisma either.

Hardy though does have that presence, I guess you're right on that, although I have wondered how much of that can be attributed to him being in the Attitude Era and the Hardy Boyz as a whole.

· Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
4,473 Posts
ITT people discussing the future of Seth Rollins without seemingly knowing a damn about his past.

Why should he be the next somebody? Why cant he be the first he?

Seth Rollins is the next Seth Rollins.
Exactly. He's the ideal Tyler Black.

Why is it that we continually try to compare someone to someone else - usually in absurdly extensive context? Hogan was the first Hogan. Austin was the first Austin. Rock was the first Rock. Punk was the first Punk. They all had something new, something fresh to add to the business and that's what made them stand out.

I can understand the presence behind this (such as the 'he has the in-ring ability but "lacks" promo skills' argument) but those labels are indicative of a plethora of athletes and it's a bit shortsighted to narrow a comparison down to Jeff or Morrison.

He's a gifted athlete with a good presence and for his age has many a great match under his belt. Sure, his promo skills aren't extraordinary but they're still decently acceptable. Honestly, he has enough to break through the glass ceiling. If he does or if he doesn't we'll have to wait and see.

Rollins sucks IMO, he has no charisma. He belongs in a shitty indy fed with other spot monkeys

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.