Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The guy has just found that character you hate. It's not even a love to hate. It's a hate. Squirmy, sly, pussy like, a wannabe smart ass who oversteps his place. Man I'm gonna miss this guy as a heel, but the dollahs you leave wit him not being a face. It's just too much.

Take his promo tonight.

The mothafuckahs were trying to cheer him. It's his hometown.

He turned into Miz meets Punk in that opening promo. When he said oh yeh you cheer now but..... and then resulted in calling them betrayers and how he is the only lucky one to make it out Iowa and how they are stuck there and are nobodies. That was the art of a heel.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
No he isn't. Rusev is. Seth Rollins has cut the same promo for weeks and weeks on end. I can't blame him for that because that's ridiculous booking for a lack of content, but he's still dragging on segments he doesn't need to, and rarely switches up the wording even if he can.

And his EXCITINGLY GOOD matches are one of the problems with heels today. What kind of heel pops out a Phoenix Splash? The kind of heel that doesn't know how to be a heel, that's who.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats not saying much honestly and that is not any disrespect to him. There is no depth on the main roster in terms of heels. The top 3 heels in the entire company is Rollins, Owens, and Sasha Banks imo.
bro he got that hometown crowd to turn on him. Peeps that watched him in the indys scrap for that change. They turned on him.

·
Team SHIV
3,177 Posts
No he isn't. Rusev is. Seth Rollins has cut the same promo for weeks and weeks on end. I can't blame him for that because that's ridiculous booking for a lack of content, but he's still dragging on segments he doesn't need to, and rarely switches up the wording even if he can.

And his EXCITINGLY GOOD matches are one of the problems with heels today. What kind of heel pops out a Phoenix Splash? The kind of heel that doesn't know how to be a heel, that's who.
In fairness, heels have heavy restrictions these days. No low blows, no eye rakes, etc. Also Seth is a cocky heel, so his exciting style kind of work for him.

60,006 Posts
I think Rollins has done just fine. His moveset is more geared towards being a face, but he has done a pretty good job of making the crowds dislike him. I always expected that Dean would be the heel of the SHIELD and Seth would hae stayed face, but he has pleasantly surprised me.

·
NEWCASTLE UNITED
2,879 Posts
Rollins is a beast, I love him. Great on the mic, always delivers. He's had a huge amount of promo time over the last 6-8 months when you think about it. They have a lot of faith in him. Killing it as a heel but he will be an even better face eventually.

·
Banned
7,451 Posts
Great heels, eventually come over as fan-favorites.

The best being the Texas Rattlesnake :austin and man did I want to see Austin interrupt Seth's boring promo last night (instead of Orton) just so I can hear Austin cuss Seth out and threaten all of them.

"You're standing there flapping your gums about Stone Cold, I'll come down there and whoop your ass, and put you in the stunner and BAM lights out"

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,478 Posts
Being the best heel on the current WWE roster is like having the best STD. Its still bad, WWE books all their heels thesedays so miserably, awfully, terribly bad. Most of the heels just lose over and over and over. just look at BNB, he's IC Champ yet he gets pinned twice a week. All the heels in that IC Title feud just get jobbed out by the IWC trio week after week. Brock Lesnar is lucky he's part time or he'd be jobbed out continuously as well. Rollins is a joke that never wins anymore, and still struggles with his promo delivery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.