Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
IRAN #1
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened guys?

I've been out of the loop with WWE for most of 2019 and I come back and everyone has turned on Seth Rollins, what in the fuck happened? He seems like the same person he was a year ago who still puts on great matches.

·
DON'T BE SCARED HOMIE!
114 Posts
I loved Tyler Black as a pre-teen, watching him do his thing on HDNet. I followed him through everything in NXT, then WWE. I honestly think it was his constant bickering on Twitter that really got to me. The first instance was him just going ham on Will Ospreay for a little joke in reply to that stupid "Best. Wrestling. Period" tweet. I can usually separate worker from person, but it has just blended in so much. Fans turned on him quickly after The Fiend. I'd say the rise of AEW caused his look to go from superstar to company man. I think he's a good talent, but I'm so ready to move on from him to the next stars. It's slowly becoming the Roman effect, just at a much slower rate. At this point, Roman's starting to switch roles with him for me, and I legitimately hated him! So strange!

I hope Rollins gets back in the good graces of the fans, but I don't see it happening for awhile.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Twitter happened. His true colors got exposed. Over and over. And over. Then over again. Then JUST when you thought he couldn't look like more of a douchebag, he managed to sneak one more in there.

It all started when he claimed Moxley left WWE because "he couldn't hack it in the big leagues." People thought it was a weird petty delusional thing to say, especially for someone who's supposed to be close friends with Mox.

·
Team AEW
2,909 Posts
Twitter happened. His true colors got exposed. Over and over. And over. Then over again. Then JUST when you thought he couldn't look like more of a douchebag, he managed to sneak one more in there.

It all started when he claimed Moxley left WWE because "he couldn't hack it in the big leagues." People thought it was a weird petty delusional thing to say, especially for someone who's supposed to be close friends with Mox.
I believe the exact quote was: "at the end of the day, he took his ball and he went home", that's a pretty fucking disrespectful thing to say about your supposed friend.

·
glock lesnar
468 Posts
It’s just like that HHH promo he spoke to him years ago before he fought Lesnar at Battleground. Think of Rollins as coal, and when this said coal is under immense pressure(him being the FOTC), it either turns into a diamond or crumbles and unfortunately Seth has suffered the latter fate. He was victorious in the main event of Wrestlemania this year and ever since then, he’s been in a massive funk. He was in his fiancé’s shadow for weeks on-screen, has been in a slew of bad feuds since last year, has responded to constructive criticism very poorly, threw Jon Moxley(thought to be Shield bud) under the bus in interview comments, was involved in a WOAT main event at HIAC 2019, and he’s been a real jackass on Twitter. There’s still a couple things you can name off, but that’s about it in a nutshell. I still enjoy watching him in the ring despite his horrendous 2019, however, he really does need to lay off the Twitter game and a heel turn is direly needed.

·
DON'T BE SCARED HOMIE!
114 Posts
Agreed. It says a lot about Rollins as a person, he's like a light version of Corey Graves' drunk tweets lol. Roman on the other hand was calm, cool, and composed about Mox and was a total professional.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I still love him :shrug

People keep asking me how I can still support him after what he said about Mox lol. That's cos I can still love wrestlers and disagree with what they say sometimes. And Mox has never indicated what he thought about what Seth said anyway, so there's no point in getting angry about it anymore IMO.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts

/thread.

I was a massive Seth Rollins fan a year or so ago. When he was the workhorse of Raw, with that killer gauntlet match, he was almost single-handedly making Raw watchable.

Then he decided to show himself to be an actual piece of shit on social media. Sometimes I wonder if he knows he's meant to be a babyface.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I still love him :shrug

People keep asking me how I can still support him after what he said about Mox lol. That's cos I can still love wrestlers and disagree with what they say sometimes. And Mox has never indicated what he thought about what Seth said anyway, so there's no point in getting angry about it anymore IMO.
You love him because you're attracted to him and choose to ignore what everyone else thinks. It's pretty obvious, and that's ok. I did the same with Eva Marie.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,818 Posts
I'll like Rollins more if he turns Heel and embraces his newfound hate to his advantage, I'm still a fan of him albeit not as much compared to AJ Styles, Alexa Bliss, CM Punk or even Becky Lynch for that matter but I haven't soured on him.

He's still a good performer that needs new material and a new overhaul for his character, He's bland as a Babyface it's like night and day if you compare his Babyface work to his Heel stuff he commits to.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I don't know if he's cool or not. But I find him quite authentic and honest and I appreciate that. Not saying Rollins isn't responsible for some of his downfall, but in general I feel the Wrestling fans come across as very soft and fickle for the way they have treated Rollins. I also think if there was no such thing as AEW then none of this would of happened. Anti WWE sentiment is very high right now and Rollins happens to be the guy flying the WWE flag the highest.

I can understand if people don't like him as a person or even as a promo, but for anyone who now thinks Rollins is a bad wrestler (especially if you were a fan of his before he criticized AEW) you're full of shit. The guy carried Raw last year with great match after great match, 2019 hasn't been the best overall but his matches with AJ Styles and Lesnar were very very good.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
You love him because you're attracted to him and choose to ignore what everyone else thinks. It's pretty obvious, and that's ok. I did the same with Eva Marie.
I can't tell if you're saying I only like him cos I think he's attractive and nothing else. Cos I base who I like on more than looks. Stone Cold is my all time fave and I don't think he's good looking at all (no offense to him though haha).

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I can't tell if you're saying I only like him cos I think he's attractive and nothing else. Cos I base who I like on more than looks. Stone Cold is my all time fave and I don't think he's good looking at all (no offense to him though haha).
Stone cold was very charismatic so even if you weren't attracted to him in a physical way you were still attracted to him in a larger than life way. That makes sense.

But there is no way anyone could be into Seth Rollins right now unless they think he's cute, because he def ain't larger than life.

.. and I don't think you're a "muh ring work" girl ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts