Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roman Reigns - main eventing wrestlemania this year - yet I know nothing of him. He doesn't speak. He doesn't come out to confront Lesnar. He doesn't have someone speak on his behalf even. He just shows up, wrestles, wins/loses, leaves...Why would i care about him? I don't "hate" him i just haven't been given any reason to care.

Daniel Bryan - nothing. He isn't speaking about how upset he is he isn't champion. He isn't saying how he wants to fight Brock. He isn't saying "Roman - you get Brock at mania but i'm coming for the winner to get my title back after!" Nothing...

Ambrose - why isn't he acknowledging Rollins/Reigns? He's going for the IC title - but he should also say "Rollins i'll be champion before you. I'll have the IC belt - Reigns the WWEWHC title and Rollins nothing". They have history, don't they? wouldn't it make sense for Ambrose to make mention of them? To get in their face too once in a while?

HHH. I thought his whole master plan with the Authority was about picking the face of the company (He didn't want Bryan. He stripped the title from him. He didn't like Cena - so he hired lesnar to beat him. And picked Rollins as future). But all of a sudden he doesn't care? All he cares is for some reason beating Sting? Why? WCW vs WWE 15 years later, seriously? Shouldn't he be more concerned about stopping Reigns from winning? Or making sure Rollins cashes in soon? I mean - he can still fight Sting, but why isn't his character keeping his eyes on the bigger picture at the same time?

Barrett. Ziggler. Cody Rhodes. Usos. etc etc. None of these guys have any personality. They never speak, I know nothing of them.

Seth Rollins? He's not the best on the mic, but he's out there TALKING. He's keeping his eyes on the big picture (cashing in MITB - Future of the company). He's acting exactly as he logically should. He's perfect.

John Cena? Love him or hate him - John Cena knows how to act. He's not going for the WWE Title but whatever he's involved in (Russev now) he manages to make it seem like a big deal. He's fighting for the people, for the US, etc.

I forgot about two others:

Mizdow and especially The Miz. These guys have been amazing lately. Miz especially. He has an AWESOME character. We know what he's about, he knows what he wants. He's always talking about being a huge star, acts like it, etc.

Why don't any of the wrestlers in WWE today have any personality? The product is so boring because of it.

·
CONCERNED THIRD PARTY
1,323 Posts
Great points. It's pathetic how WWE has six hours of TV programming per week and they still don't have time for meaningful promos.

Instead the hours are spent on meaningless matches & sketches that no one cares about and doesn't develop the storylines in any sense of the word.

60,006 Posts
It has always been like this in WWE.. A guy feuds for the title but as soon as he loses, he has zero interest anymore. It's almost as if the champ moved on to a different program. I wish Bryan would bring up the WWE title again. But WWE wrestlers suffer from monomania. All that matters now to Bryan is that IC title and how to stop that rascally R-Truth from continually stealing it.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Roman Reigns - main eventing wrestlemania this year - yet I know nothing of him. He doesn't speak. He doesn't come out to confront Lesnar. He doesn't have someone speak on his behalf even. He just shows up, wrestles, wins/loses, leaves...Why would i care about him? I don't "hate" him i just haven't been given any reason to care.

Daniel Bryan - nothing. He isn't speaking about how upset he is he isn't champion. He isn't saying how he wants to fight Brock. He isn't saying "Roman - you get Brock at mania but i'm coming for the winner to get my title back after!" Nothing...

Ambrose - why isn't he acknowledging Rollins/Reigns? He's going for the IC title - but he should also say "Rollins i'll be champion before you. I'll have the IC belt - Reigns the WWEWHC title and Rollins nothing". They have history, don't they? wouldn't it make sense for Ambrose to make mention of them? To get in their face too once in a while?

HHH. I thought his whole master plan with the Authority was about picking the face of the company (He didn't want Bryan. He stripped the title from him. He didn't like Cena - so he hired lesnar to beat him. And picked Rollins as future). But all of a sudden he doesn't care? All he cares is for some reason beating Sting? Why? WCW vs WWE 15 years later, seriously? Shouldn't he be more concerned about stopping Reigns from winning? Or making sure Rollins cashes in soon? I mean - he can still fight Sting, but why isn't his character keeping his eyes on the bigger picture at the same time?

Barrett. Ziggler. Cody Rhodes. Usos. etc etc. None of these guys have any personality. They never speak, I know nothing of them.

Seth Rollins? He's not the best on the mic, but he's out there TALKING. He's keeping his eyes on the big picture (cashing in MITB - Future of the company). He's acting exactly as he logically should. He's perfect.

John Cena? Love him or hate him - John Cena knows how to act. He's not going for the WWE Title but whatever he's involved in (Russev now) he manages to make it seem like a big deal. He's fighting for the people, for the US, etc.

I forgot about two others:

Mizdow and especially The Miz. These guys have been amazing lately. Miz especially. He has an AWESOME character. We know what he's about, he knows what he wants. He's always talking about being a huge star, acts like it, etc.

Why don't any of the wrestlers in WWE today have any personality? The product is so boring because of it.

Since the rumble, Rollins has been a complete joke. They have made him go from a legit main eventer who could hang with Lesnar to a complete and utter muppet who is scared shitless of Orton and a dumbass for not seeing the most obvious double cross in the WWE history. He isn't acting like he logically should at all

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I also have a problem with Seth's recent booking. He is presented as an intelligent competitor. He is suppossed to be the architect of The Shield, the smart guy of the group. Yet, he trusts Orton when even 5 year olds in the crowd saw it coming. What kind of non sensical booking is this? How does turning on someone makes sense when you can see it from miles away? Why is that someone booked like an idiot? I've seen cartoon characters with more depth and intelligence.

I was hyped for Orton vs Rollins but they ruined it for me.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts
You see we don't really know who has any sort of real "personality" because of one thing I thought was pretty well hammered to into everyone's heads by now.. For the most part They Aren't Allowed To Be Themselves!

A better portion of them are given overly scripted idiotic characters straight from the mind of the senile shell of what once was a great man.. And on the rare occasion someone does rise above and beyond like Ryder and Cesaro and get popular/a personality on their own they get destroyed for their trouble.

And then we have Wyatt, someone with an actual deep and personally created character he somehow managed to get into the main roster on paper this should be fantastic! But the company has 0 clue what to do with it! They take what should have been a slam dunk and are on the way to ruining it in under a year through one single thing.. The true subtleties of slow mental torture and turning someone is lost on WWE and that's a better part of what the character is about.

Or in short..
Incompetence sheer utter willful incompetence.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Yeah there's alot of guys doing next to nothing.

I said last week considering Reigns is being booked as THE guy he only really has a 10min match on Raw and the rest is promos packages to compensate for his lack of personality and mic skills whereas Rollins is getting around an hour of tv time on Raw alone so it sends out conflicting information.

Ambrose is billed as the main guy on the mic. Brays strongest point is his mic work and he gets ample time to shine whereas Ambrose gets none at all anymore.

HHH was moaning about Reigns but kept giving him chances which makes no sense either.

It's like they have different writers each week who don't watch the previous weeks shows as none of it matches up over time.

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Most guys don't get to show character with how scripted their promos are when they do get to talk. So they hardly get to develop. It's rather shit, isn't it. Most guys don't have a character at all, and the ones that do, hardly develop.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I suspect Seth's really strong booking at the rumble was actually seen as dangerous. People did give him a standing ovation at the end of the match.

He was over, albeit in a beyond kayfabe way and really credible with his performance.

Reigns was neither. They wanted Reigns vs Lesnar at WM. They were already going to have to deal with the Bryan problem, and frankly, Seth not cashing in/losing his cash-in at WM would've been quite the turn-off, even for casuals, had he kept the strong booking. Now, people will just not give a fuck.

They also have a tendency to book mitb wielders like crap when they're about to cash-in. Whatever.

TL;DR: Rumble Rollins was "bad for business" and had to be shut down. You can't have another young superstar overshadow the chosen one like he did that night. Heck, even Cena and Bryan were pushed back to midcard.

They merely know pretty much anyone on the roster is a threat to Reigns being over. And it's incredibly sad.

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts
Most guys don't get to show character with how scripted their promos are when they do get to talk. So they hardly get to develop. It's rather shit, isn't it. Most guys don't have a character at all, and the ones that do, hardly develop.
This. It's WWE scripting/booking that is the problem, not the talents themselves.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Bray Wyatt has the least personality on the entire roster. Since debuting about 2 years ago, he has had no character progression whatsoever. It's shown by the lack of heat all of his feuds/matches have. Instead of talking in riddles, why not tell us a bit about Bray Wyatt to build some connection with the audience?

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
This. It's WWE scripting/booking that is the problem, not the talents themselves.
Yeah, that is most of the issue. While, some of it can come down to the talent themselves if they lack ability on the mic and don't connect with the crowd. That helps a lot with developing.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
why would they give the guys you mentioned personalities and mic time when we could watch celebrities sing or be in unfunny skits, Adam Rose dancing and so many other good ole family entertainment?

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
I agree, they need to develop characters more. They have such a great depth of talent there now, it'd be nice to know more about these guys instead of having them be generic. That's one of the reason why people are vs. the product these days.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nobody wants to see Cena fight for the fans or US. Majority of fans just want him to dress in normal clothes that don't make him look like a muscled up crayola, grow some brains, stop making retarded faces and finally start to act like a guy who turns 40 in 2 years.

Not a chance though.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
You're right. The only guy getting mic time in this IC title angle is R-truth which is outrageous when you consider they have three of their most over babyfaces in the match in Bryan, Ziggler and Ambrose :lol

This is WWE though were nothing makes sense.

Honestly it's so so so bad right now. They've picked the wrong horse in Reigns and the quality of writing is just garbage for the show as a whole.

The TV ratings are reflecting this and i have no doubt once WM is over the network sub renewals will do also.

There is no creativity going on for this show. Everything is either just a rehashing of an old idea or basic wrestling 101 booking angles.

It's getting to the point were it is becoming intolerable.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Pretty much this. They have 2 hours and 15 min of tv time every single raw yet cant manage to give the people storyline and character progression. Everybody needs to talk. I dont care if theyre good or bad. Let them talk and im not talking about some boring 20 min dragged out promo but 1 minutr backstage bits. Look at nxt and how creative they are with that. Alex Riley backstage with Regal this past episode saying how he wants owens and then cj parker or whatever his name is makes fun of him and riley says ill start with you. That segment was a min and accomplished more then most raw promos.

Give everybody a min. Wont take more then 20-30 min combined.

Reactions: Drago
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.