Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
From parts unknown
23,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Shield was booked extremely strongly as a team over the past year, but then slowly had to be brought back down to earth a little in order to maintain competition in the ring which is understandable. However, throughout their run, they've been booked to win via the "numbers game" to quote Cole.

Seth Rollins of the three could suffer the most imo if they break the Shield up down the road (which they will to push Reigns) because even in the matches, he's the one that's been made to look much weaker than Ambrose (who's already benefited somewhat from a singles push) and Reigns whose being sold as the monster who's only been pinned once in his entire run as a Shield member.

He has all three of the factors that typically keep a WWE star down going against him: His mic skills are unproven, he's under-sized and doesn't have a gimmick that people can get behind.

This is both frustrating and ironic because in-ring talent-wise, he's the most gifted technically. I personally want him to be at least in the upper mid card, but once the Shield breaks up, Seth Rollins fans will most likely see him get buried and turned into a massive jobber.

Where do you see him in the future?

·
Banned
11,718 Posts
It all depends on his booking, just like Ambrose and Reigns. All three have the potential to be at the top but it's on WWE to book them to be successful.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Don't you know CM Punk already named Seth Rollins as the future CM Punk(or something like that).

I see him as a mixed of CM Punk and Jeff hardy, someone that will be fun to watch. And his Mic skills aren't bad either.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Seth Rollins is going to be big. He is good loooking, looks like a rockstar, he's not small and he is muscular... and on the ring, he is a beast. Maybe he won't be big like Cena but I'm sure that he can at least be the new Shawn Michaels

·
From parts unknown
23,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't you know CM Punk already named Seth Rollins as the future CM Punk(or something like that).

I see him as a mixed of CM Punk and Jeff hardy, someone that will be fun to watch. And his Mic skills aren't bad either.
Lol. And we all know just how much of a pull CM Punk has in the WWE ;) It's all Vince>Steph>HHH in that order and I don't see them putting Rollins in a program as a face against "the big guys" any time soon.

I said this in another thread that I think Rollins is a natural face. But I'm not sure if he has the same level of "it" factor as Punk to defy the odds like he did.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
None of The Shield will be buried, they were put in that group for a reason. Rollins was the first NXT Champion and was pushed as the face of NXT before he was called up, they're high on him just like the other two.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Intercontinental Champion at best. He's the bitch of the team, always takes the big bumps, always takes the pins, etc. Maybe he'll get a WWE or WH title reign in a number of years or something but he won't get treated much better than RVD, if at all. Vince has never been high on the high flyer types. Reigns will go straight to the main event after they break up. Immediately. I don't know about Ambrose, he's the best of the three so they'll probably underuse him in typical WWE fashion, but he ought to be treated better than Rollins. I'd say he has been so far.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I am sure Rollins will be big, for me personally, he's much brighter and outstanding character than Ambrose, he just has "it". It is always enjoyable to watch him wrestle, and i think he's a bit underrated on the mic.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
None of The Shield will be buried, they were put in that group for a reason. Rollins was the first NXT Champion and was pushed as the face of NXT before he was called up, they're high on him just like the other two.
This, I can't wait to see how these guys continue on from here. Exciting times ahead for us all.

PS. I'm glad OP started a new thread on this...that Shield Discussion thread has turned into a Dean Ambrose circle jerk.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Whenever they choose to turn Rollins face, I can see him in the WHC picture immediately simply because of the shortage of good, young and fresh babyfaces. Out of the three members of The Shield, Rollins has been furthest away from his comfort zone. He's not a natural heel like Ambrose and he can't appear as intimidating as Reigns so it makes him look a little out of place at times. Give him a more colourful attire, allow him to smile and allow him to acknowledge the crowd and he'll get over. All three of them will be pushed hard when they break out as singles competitors and all will have a strong platform to showcase their abilities. It's very clear that WWE are building these three up to greatness just look at their booking and the rub they've been getting despite only being on the main roster for around a year, it's almost unprecedented.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Lol. And we all know just how much of a pull CM Punk has in the WWE ;) It's all Vince>Steph>HHH in that order and I don't see them putting Rollins in a program as a face against "the big guys" any time soon.

I said this in another thread that I think Rollins is a natural face. But I'm not sure if he has the same level of "it" factor as Punk to defy the odds like he did.
Well, most of us won't know what Vince>Steph>HHH think, most of people in this forum can only think they know. But he fact that The Shield is so big right now in WWE prove that they do get some love from the higher power.

I do agree that he is kind of a natural face which is why I think he will be likely similar with Jeff hardy type of character. A high flyer with some to little ground moves.

Like Jeff, he will be WWE or World Heavy Champion one day after a hard road.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
Well, most of us won't know what Vince>Steph>HHH think, most of people in this forum can only think they know. But he fact that The Shield is so big right now in WWE prove that they do get some love from the higher power.

I do agree that he is kind of a natural face which is why I think he will be likely similar with Jeff hardy type of character. A high flyer with some to little ground moves.

$$$ :vince2

AND

:buried :HHH

·
From parts unknown
23,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
This, I can't wait to see how these guys continue on from here. Exciting times ahead for us all.

PS. I'm glad OP started a new thread on this...that Shield Discussion thread has turned into a Dean Ambrose circle jerk.
Yeah, I've been feeling like Ambrose and Reigns get a lot more attention - which actually pretty telling as that kind of attention is exactly the result of how the matches are booked. Ambrose has far too much charisma which is evidenced by the sheer number of just his expression gifs around.

Anyways, Rollins gets the least attention but ironically the most in-ring time of the three in their tag matches. He's definitely WWE championship calibre. But I don't think he's main event draw unfortunately. Any other promotion, he'd be the #1 guy. But in the WWE, it's a completely different set of rules.

Of these three, only Reigns seems to fit that spot of typical WWE main-eventer so far.

After the shield breakup, Rollins will be in a major program around the breakup, but it's almost impossible to predict where he'd be after that. And we all know that WWE doesn't plan that far ahead with regards to their smaller wrestlers usually making them do twice the amount of time as the bigger ones or something completely off the wall.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Whenever they choose to turn Rollins face, I can see him in the WHC picture immediately simply because of the shortage of good, young and fresh babyfaces. Out of the three members of The Shield, Rollins has been furthest away from his comfort zone. He's not a natural heel like Ambrose and he can't appear as intimidating as Reigns so it makes him look a little out of place at times. Give him a more colourful attire, allow him to smile and allow him to acknowledge the crowd and he'll get over. All three of them will be pushed hard when they break out as singles competitors and all will have a strong platform to showcase their abilities. It's very clear that WWE are building these three up to greatness just look at their booking and the rub they've been getting despite only being on the main roster for around a year, it's almost unprecedented.
Rollins needs neither to smile nor wear colorful attire. He just needs to be himself.

^ For those who can't buy Rollins as a main-eventer.

·
From parts unknown
23,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I know the Shield is big. But I want to talk about whether Rollins is big due to being part of the Shield, or was big enough to be made part of the Shield or just ended up looking strong accidentally because WWE wanted Reigns to be in a program that got him over as a monster? I'm probably reading too much into this, but it is entirely feasible to think that Rollins may not be the one they're as high on as the other two.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
all three of them will have WWE championship matches with Bryan over the next few years. Its going to be epic. Reigns I think is a joke though..Ambrose and Rollins are bad ass but Reigns, he just doesn't belong. he's not even that talented, and he's slow as fuck in the ring. Everybody does a spear nowadays. He just needs to go hone his craft more, if its only because of his look then he's going to be embarassing in the main event, the other two are out shining him talent wise. No way in Hell he makes it as big as his cousin the Rock, which is what they are hoping for, yeah right though. And Rollins will be a main eventer no doubt, Bryan is his really close friend, so connections get you there.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,164 Posts
As a big Rollins fan, I have to admit I am somewhat worried of how he will be used once The Shield splits. Of course he will be a babyface, but since he is such a good bumper and high flyer, they have a tendency to turn those guys into forever midcarders or jobbers. I hope he doesn't go the Kofi Kingston way or become Del Rio's personal whipping boy. He'll have to work his way up the hard way, like Dolph Ziggler.

Also, you've got Sami Zayn waiting in NXT, who can basically do everything Rollins can, but slightly better. That's worrying for Rollins as well.

It will take the longest for him out of the three to win a major title, but he'll get over I guess. He is a better overall package than Ziggler imo and if he is a bit more careful on running his mouth, he shouldn't be buried. I can see him becoming the face of Smackdown some day.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
Rollins is the only one that's guaranteed to get super over with the crowd, if you ask me. The other two will probably rise the ranks faster, but Rollins will have the connection with the crowd.

Ambrose will require lots of mic time (which he should get), Reigns will require solid booking (which he should get), while Rollins only needs a ring (which he'll obviously get). All they need to do is have the other Shield members turn on Rollins when the time is right; he'll be a ready-made babyface.

He bumps like a mad-man, wrestles a high-pace style, and is a natural babyface. Rollins future is good (at least in the eyes of the fans, and popularity never hurt).

1 - 20 of 69 Posts