Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
It's Seth Rollins. He'll still be hated. One heel turn probably won't change that.

With that being said, I'm glad that he's a heel now. It was the right move considering how Rollins has been receiving boos from the crowds lately.

I also think Rollins did a good job with his promo tonight in that opening segment. I thought hearing him roast his fellow Raw allies was probably the most entertained I've been by him on the mic in a long time :lol
Heel Rollins works best! :yes Glad it finally happened!

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,454 Posts
Yo what? Because he took a few shots at some internet waifus? That doesn't make him a dick. I know people who've met and talked to the guy, they say he's extremely kind and humble, plus he's well respected backstage. Twitter doesn't determine the type of person you are.
He also cheated on his fiancee with a Nazi.. I mean, if we're keeping tabs on his dickishness.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Lol you think people wouldn't of turned on Strowman aswell? He's worse than Seth in the ring and on the mic. Hell many were getting tired of Braun's "destroy everything" gimmick by the time he got Brock one on one nevermind if he actually won the title.
Why say things which are easily proven false?

Strowman faced Brock at No Mercy 2017 for the first time and was hugely over at the time. Every time he chased Brock after that, he was still more over than anyone. He wiped out the EC participants and was over as hell. That was months after he faced Brock for the first time. And despite doing fuck all with him, he was still really over in late 2018 when he went after Brock again after Reigns went down with cancer. Even this year, fans cheered Strowman over Seth when they did the battle royal to determine who faces Brock.

The fans have been ready for Strowman for a long time. And WWE has done nothing at all with him that it's a credit to his overness that fans haven't been beaten into apathy yet. He has yet to cool down and immediately goes over huge whenever it seems like WWE might do something big with him.

So no, fans wouldn't turn on him like they have Seth. That's complete bullshit. Don't confuse a dozen marks online as speaking for the majority of the audience who clearly were white hot for him for a long time. Seth has failed before in the top position and his face run had been a wet fart for a long time. Him failing again was simply a matter of time and expected. You don't go back to the same old shit when it's already been shown not to work. You have someone new to the main event who hasn't been given the ball and is more over than anyone else, you trial him.

They turned him? Sure, let's sit through years of Reigns' failed push that put everything in a stasis just so we can wait for the perfect moment to anoint him as the face of this era. They'll have Roman Reigns and they'll like him, dammit.

Years of that. But, a couple months of turbulence is enough justification to turn Rollins.

No mini-redemption storyline to test his resolve, or moments where he can show humility and admit things aren't going well. No, none of that.

Heel turn.
Here's the difference:

Post-WM31: 5.36 million

That's coming off the Reigns/Brock feud and Sting/HHH feuds which did good numbers heading into WM31. Seth Rollins is given the focus from this point onward and they lose a million viewers from June 2015 to late 2015. It's the first big decline WWE experiences.

Post WM32:
4.09 million

Post WM33: 3.767 million

Post WM34: 3.921 million

The decline is relatively stabilized at this point. WM34 Mania season did better than WM33 in general. Reigns goes down with cancer in late 2018. Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch are the big stories of Wrestlemania and now the focus of Raw:

Post WM35: 2.923 million

April 15th 2019 (superstar shake-up episode): 2.665 million

April 22nd 2019 (post-superstar shake-up episode): 2.374 million

April 29th 2019:
2.158 million

Let's not pretend like Reigns and Seth are equal here. It's clear as night and day that Seth (and Becky) are huge flops as top faces. And neither of them have any excuse. Seth was given everything this year, and got the big Brock victories. Becky has been protected more than any other woman and constantly highlighted. WWE business has never declined at such a rapid rate under Reigns. If anything, he clearly minimized the decline better than anyone else since things have become a disaster very quickly these last 12 months. That's why they didn't turn Reigns and why they can easily turn Seth. One actually had an impact on business. The other clearly doesn't.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lmao that promo was funny as hell to me just cause Seth seemed like an annoying teachers pet that reminds the teacher that the class has homework but yea it's a good look for Seth lol anything outside the box of what he has been doing as of recent is a good sign imo

·
Baby Yoda
29,317 Posts
Early days but I love this new Seth Rollins.

He's basically a WWE kiss ass like he is in public but on TV, they've dialed him up so he comes off like obnoxious jackass and the brilliant thing is that doesn't know he's a bad guy because he has the WWE's "best interests" in heart.

Whoever suggested it deserves a raise.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
If Seth really wanted some heatshould have called his wife to the ring and simply told her "Maaaaaannnn.. Last night you FAILED"

·
Baby Yoda
29,317 Posts
The line about Rey having a pipe and his own dumb kid and still not being able to beat Brock was hilarious :lmao

He said everyone sucked, dude even went at Mr. Survivor Series and called him the weak link and told KO he'd never be Seth Rollins :lmao

If it had been another indy darling, people would have eaten this shit up and called him the GOAT, best mic worker etc. The typical exaggerations for internet darlings.

The promo was great IMO.

Edit: Looking back, I don't think there's been a better long and A/R (not solely on delivery) promo in a few years.

·
Baby Yoda
29,317 Posts
Seth 'Make Raw Great Again' Rollins :banderas

That's actually an amazing merch idea, 'Make Raw great again' hats and shirts would fly out the door.

People love their memes.

I hope he pulls a yawn face when Becky's in the ring talking.
Says how she was a great last year, had a career year and main evented WM. She's proving the haters right by being a one hit wonder and is back to being at her level - mediocre :sodone

This new gimmick has so much potential.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
@InexorableJourney
@Ace

And tell her to go to the back,straight to Titus catering, and fix him a plate of chicken fried chicken and make sure the chicken is extra crispy ?

You can tell Seth is a heel now by donning all black. How many women have gone heel and started wearing black

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,637 Posts
Imagine arguing the top guy of the worst drawing era of all time is a draw.

:lmao

Hilarious shit. It's a good thing SD is in Raw territory just a mear two months into the FOX contract.

:rollins

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
You know what... I liked the line about Rey Mysterio, but overall, his delivery is way off...He had his usual struggles in the promo department....plus knowing wwe, Seth will next week be teaming with Kevin Owens against a common enemy AOP who ruined his match and handed him an L... Remember last year when everyone was speculating Roman's heel turn against Braun and it turned out Braun did a heel turn :lol

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Early days but I love this new Seth Rollins.

He's basically a WWE kiss ass like he is in public but on TV, they've dialed him up so he comes off like obnoxious jackass and the brilliant thing is that doesn't know he's a bad guy because he has the WWE's "best interests" in heart.

Whoever suggested it deserves a raise.
What you are asking for is too nuanced for WWE. Most probably Seth will be back to his rah rah self next week like nothing happened. Because WWE is that stupid.

·
Registered
218 Posts
What an absolute waste of giving Rollins a win over Lesnar in the fashion he did at Summerslam. Surely their direction at that point wasnt to turn him heel.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts