Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This goes out to all you faux fans who hate it when your favourite weekly scripted reality show gets interrupted by wrestling.

What exactly is wrong wrong with JoMo's "mic work"?

I admit he isn't exactly the Rock, or even the Miz (despite being a better wrestler than the two combined). But he got the point across and I'd put him at the same level as Sheamus in terms of mic ability. He's had some problems in the past but he certainly did not seem out of place tonight.

So what's the problem this time? I'm dying to know.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I think he tries to hard. Lets face comedy is really hard these days and the jokes he was trying to come across were just not funny at all. He sounded like big show, but in morrison's case he's not funny and everybody likes him. LOL he should take lessons from CM punk that john cene diet soda thing was funny.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
His delivery is very forced. It's the product of being fed lines that just don't suit his gimmick or his natural personality, and it shows.

Morrison can talk. He's done it before. When he and Miz were doing The Dirt Sheet, not only was it hilarious, Morrison generally outperformed Miz. It's just really bad material.

That's certainly not to excuse Morrison, because he has to hold up his end of the deal anyway. Plenty of guys get material that's just as bad but still manage to make it work, Cena being at the top of the list.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Check out the promo from Raw.

The guy just seems to shut down or turn off something when doing a promo. He's not funny or drawing you in; he comes across as desperately wanting to be humorous and interesting. I think certain bad mic reputations are a little exaggerated, but John's a guy who's been in the business for years, and yet feels like he hasn't graduated from beginner level interviews.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Check out the promo from Raw.

The guy just seems to shut down or turn off something when doing a promo. He's not funny or drawing you in; he comes across as desperately wanting to be humorous and interesting. I think certain bad mic reputations are a little exaggerated, but John's a guy who's been in the business for years, and yet feels like he hasn't graduated from beginner level interviews.
He can do it I know he can he just needs something, I don't know what it is yet but he needs something. Maybe a heel turn?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
his humor style is really good in person, not for arenas.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
His delivery is very forced. It's the product of being fed lines that just don't suit his gimmick or his natural personality, and it shows.

Morrison can talk. He's done it before. When he and Miz were doing The Dirt Sheet, not only was it hilarious, Morrison generally outperformed Miz. It's just really bad material.

That's certainly not to excuse Morrison, because he has to hold up his end of the deal anyway. Plenty of guys get material that's just as bad but still manage to make it work, Cena being at the top of the list.

....... This

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
his humor style is really good in person, not for arenas.
You hit the nail on the head. He seems like a funny guy in interviews but in WWE promos not so much.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Man, when I saw the thread title, I thought the OP was asking a serious question.

Morrison is a horrible mic worker. It's not even up for debate.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I think he did a slightly better job than Sheamus tonight.
Please don't give ppl a reason to bash on you. Because their is always a prick in every thread.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Morrison has piss poor delivery. It's that and the garbage the writers feed him to say too.
I agree. The bad part is that he kept going on and on and the material got more pathetic.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
his material sucks, and his delivery doesn't help. it's always so forced and fake.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I like him I bet he's a cool dude..but i think he has these jokes in his mind that he himself thinks are hilarious but when they leave his mouth...he's like oh fuck...no one else is laughing like I imagined.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts