Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing against Jinder Mahal, but this is one of the rare times that I feel a transitional heel champion makes the most sense. Mahal accomplishing what he has accomplished is nothing short of astonishing. As much as it pains me to say that he is currently the WWE champion, he is WWE champion regardless of my feelings.

I don't know how AJ Styles gets the title back, but I clearly think it's possible he could win it live on SD. I am not going to fantasy book here. Use your own imagination. AJ Styles is the only reason I even watch SD. All the new feuds and matches are things I'd like to see. He is perhaps the best worker in all of the world right now. Why isn't the title around his fucking waist? He is the best thing going in American wrestling today.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
I don't see the point in Mahal as champion. I mean sure he is better than Orton and far more entertaining. I just think Mahal with the US championship would accomplish the same goals: 1) Uphold his anti-American gimmick and 2) get WWE some fans on India. If anything his gimmick would be enhanced with the US Championship. He could call out Donald Trump for failing to Make America Great Again.

AJ should have the championship. He should have beaten Orton for it this past Tuesday in his hometown. He should be feuding with KO, Rusev, and Orton....not jobbing to Dog Ziggler of all people.

I mean people already predict Cena will beat Mahal for the title on the 4th of July episode of Smackdown. Why does Cena need another title reign? His last one was completely pointless. All WWE Champions since AJ lost it have been transitional and meaningless.

·
Banned
761 Posts
Styles was 90% the reason to watch SmackDown. Ever since he lost the title, ratings have become worse. It's like Vince hated the fact that SmackDown was beating Raw Is Roman.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Nope, give it to Ziggler.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Have Nakamura and AJ feud for the title

I really hate what they're doing with Shinsuke, it's already another example of WWE fucking up a newly debuted (in WWE) wrestler

Another month of it and he will be ruined for a long time in WWE and possibly for as long as he is in WWE

His first feud is a feud with Dolph Ziggler what the fuck

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Taking off WWE title from AJ Styles was the huge mistake. Now I don't think he'll ever become 2x WWE Champ.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think smackdown is unnecessarily stalling it's feuds.Like on raw every main eventer is facing each other.
Smackdown has this combination of styles,orton,cena,nakamura,ko and Zayn.B ut,are not using any combination of these in any major way.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
I think AJ Styles will get another run with the title eventually. Its pretty obvious.. Either late this year or next year. Thats my prediction.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
AJ Styles IS Smackdown at this point. When you see him without the title you feel there's something wrong especially that the current champion is the worst ever. Orton should beat Jinder and then Styles should take it at SS and hold it until Wrestlemania, but that ain't gonna happen going by their recent shitty booking of Styles. Looks like he's out of the title picture in favor of some literal SHITS.

·
Banned
724 Posts
Hey I like A.J. too. I was ranting and raving against this company for not bringing him in for YEARS before they finally took their head out of their ass and did.

That said, right now, the $$ is in A.J. chasing the title. He should win the MITB briefcase and hold onto it for awhile. Sometime next year will be the right time for him to cash in and win the title again.

In the meantime Jinder elevates the title with his mainstream appeal, and finishes burying the past (first Orton, then Cena) to cement a new dominant superstar for the next decade.

Reactions: arch.unleash

·
Registered
880 Posts
Nothing against Jinder Mahal, but this is one of the rare times that I feel a transitional heel champion makes the most sense. Mahal accomplishing what he has accomplished is nothing short of astonishing. As much as it pains me to say that he is currently the WWE champion, he is WWE champion regardless of my feelings.

I don't know how AJ Styles gets the title back, but I clearly think it's possible he could win it live on SD. I am not going to fantasy book here. Use your own imagination. AJ Styles is the only reason I even watch SD. All the new feuds and matches are things I'd like to see. He is perhaps the best worker in all of the world right now. Why isn't the title around his fucking waist? He is the best thing going in American wrestling today.
No. I'm enjoying smarks and fanboys like you bitching and moaning way too much to see anyone else get the title.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
I'm not even going to repeat the same shit I've said over and over about Jinder here. I'm just going to say that I really enjoyed the SD product when AJ was the champion. I enjoyed what he brought to the title. Which was a situation of the best in ring guy in the company having it with, imo, solid character work to go along with it. I will never claim that AJ is top notch with his character work, but I knew when he defended that title that I could count on a great match. To me, the title feels weak right now which definitely has a negative effect on my enjoyment of the product.

Reactions: Ace

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No. I'm enjoying smarks and fanboys like you bitching and moaning way too much to see anyone else get the title.
Smark and fanboy? I don't think so. Now, I don't think you need to put the title on "anyone" like you suggested. That's not how it works, but apparently for you it does. I would rather someone with some credibility hold the last credible top title in the company since the Universal Championship is a fucking joke even while it's held by the baddest man alive.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Smark and fanboy? I don't think so. Now, I don't think you need to put the title on "anyone" like you suggested. That's not how it works, but apparently for you it does. I would rather someone with some credibility hold the last credible top title in the company since the Universal Championship is a fucking joke even while it's held by the baddest man alive.
Oh here you smarks go again with your 'credibility' bullshit. People wonder why the backstage politics from years ago were like they were; how people refused to lose this or that match. Jinder Mahal is why. Here's a guy who did his job for years and didn't complain. Then he finally gets his shot, and now people like you can't stop calling him a jobber. Sorry, he has just as much 'credibility' as any other wrassler in this industry. He works his ass off, is able to be a real heel which is hard as hell these days, and he's drawing. But please, continue with your smarky rants and boo the hell out of him when he appears. I'm loving it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts