Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i finally got to see TNA this week (in australia we dont get it till sat night) and what the hell is up with this new gimmick EY is doing? its like hes back to goofy idiot Ey but mentally challenged this time and i have to admit i prefered when he was the leader of world elite. So where is Tna goin this new gimmick? is it going to lead him somewhere? hes had that many face/heel changes and gimmicks its hard to see him ever ecome a credible wrestler. Now i like his wrestling skills and hes a good mic worker but why is tna doing this?
Also is it me or has he lost alot of muscle over the past few months because it looks like hes stopped working out

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha na i wouldnt go that far, im just saying why this crappy comic relief gimmick. the tag team with orlando could be good but the fact he keeps gettin the wrong team members and high fiving everyone is starting to annoy me already. sers bring back world elite that was awesome :)

·
HEADBANGA
21,576 Posts
To be honest I was gonna write a thread about the wasted potential that is Eric Young. I always's had high hopes for this guy but as soon as the show some promise with his character and push the bookers shit all over it. He hit his high point with World Elite and that's as good as his push will ever get and that's that.

·
Registered
990 Posts
BFG last year he outwitted and then pinned Kevin Nash to win the Legends Championship.

I'm not complaining about him being de-pushed. I've always thought that he wasn't good enough to make it as a serious singles competitor. He was good in World Elite but TNA's roster is so much more talented than it was last year so he ended up getting lost in the mix.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
To be honest I was gonna write a thread about the wasted potential that is Eric Young. I always's had high hopes for this guy but as soon as the show some promise with his character and push the bookers shit all over it. He hit his high point with World Elite and that's as good as his push will ever get and that's that.
The guy couldn’t act his way out of a paper bag + his voice gives Fran Drescher nightmares. I’d love to see Cena and Young in a strongman comp, though. I’m convinced they can bench the IZ.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I actually don't mind the whole 'no clue what's going on' thing that they are doing with him. I do agree that his career high point was World Elite but this is my personal favourite EY gimmick.

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
I have never found an Eric Young storyline interesting, he isn't flashy, he is short... Honestly, my favorite version of Eric Young would be the Team Canada Eric Young. But, that's primarily because I enjoyed pretty much the entire team. Eric Young DOES NOT cut the mustard. I am hoping he is the next to be fired.

·
I'm Awesome
3,701 Posts
Normally when you go right back to what you were doing a few years ago, that's a pretty good sign that they have NO CLUE what to do with you.
I couldn’t agree more.

It’s clear that TNA just don’t know what to do with EY which is a shame because I enjoyed what they were doing with him when he was the leader of World Elite.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
They really have no clue on how to use EY. Now he's back with his "stupid" persona and he's tagging along with Orlando Jordan. That really shows that they don't have much for him.

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
They really have no clue on how to use EY. Now he's back with his "stupid" persona and he's tagging along with Orlando Jordan. That really shows that they don't have much for him.
Now that you point that out, that kind of shows that they don't know what to do with Orlando Jordan right now. I am not a fan of Jordans gimmick but he is a hell of a wrestler. Eric Young is only holding back Jordan.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
As long as this is a transitional gimmick until something opens up for him in the not-too-distant future, then I don't mind.

I like the goofy gimmick. I've never seen anything like it before, and it makes me laugh. As long as it's short term, then it's fine in my book.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I love his two thirds of a retard gimmick. TNA is so serious these days, what with "They" and Abyss freakin' abducting and branding people, it is nice to be able to laugh at somebody during the show.

And EY has been back at this gimmick for a little while now, they have just been keeping him on Explosion.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
BFG last year he outwitted and then pinned Kevin Nash to win the Legends Championship.

I'm not complaining about him being de-pushed. I've always thought that he wasn't good enough to make it as a serious singles competitor. He was good in World Elite but TNA's roster is so much more talented than it was last year so he ended up getting lost in the mix.
Yes last year Russo was pushing him well and he had a serious character in World Elite. Now his back to comedy again, but really with all the names they have EY as a serious character would get no time and really hasnt this year. With him being back to comedy atleast for him he will probably get a spot on the show.

·
Registered
581 Posts
EY was never a high value talent, he's kinda like the low card guys in WWE, he can't draw, he cant even sing. his voice is shot, and his in ring performance is very sloppy, i dont know why TNA is still paying this man a paycheck

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Eric Young was more over during his "Don't Fire Eric" and "Super Eric" stuff compared to his World Elite run where he was doing a Jericho-lite gimmick. At this point I think the EY pushes should just stop and he should be used as enhancement talent only. Still haven't figured out how OJ has a job.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I liked him better as the WE leader (they really messed up with the whole faction tbh), but I'm half and half with this. I like the promos, but I kinda hate the character.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts