Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever he does comedy, he should just do it himself instead of something stupid they feed him. I may be in the minority but I am enjoying this feud with Y2J and the psychology in it. When Punk is serious and emotional like he has been the past few weeks, he has been cutting some of the best promos in the company. Keep him like this. People will be critics. However, I'm liking every bit of this. I just wish Punk would close out the show again like he did for a great deal between December-February.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Totally agree, when he's able to say what he wants it's so much better. One reason I like wrestling is for the Soap Opera like story lines, So I'm loving the whole Jericho trying to get Punk to drink and talking shit on his family and stuff. The corny jokes kinda ruin it.

Letting your inner fan play along and believe in the story lines is what makes wrestling fun.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I agree, serious Punk is great and I'm enjoying him a hell of a lot more than during the beginning of his title reign.
My biggest problem with Punk was always that during promos he would never sell anything that anyone would say to him, he would just shrug it off, this makes his opponent look pathetic which in my opinion is the worst thing you can do in a promo.
I think it was actually Jericho who said that the worst thing you can do in a promo is make your opponent look bad because if you beat them then you've beaten a nobody and if you lose to them then you've lost to a nobody, I felt last year Punk was doing this whereas now because he is selling Jericho's stuff so well that when he eventually beats him it will mean a hell of a lot more

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,441 Posts
I definitely like him being more serious and showing much more vulnerability, instead of the snarky, nothing-bothers-me guy he was before.

And I agree that the Punk/Jericho angle should be allowed to close Raw more often instead of being positioned as either kicking off the show or at the top of the first hour.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
YES!!!!!! another Punk thread that will turn into a mark war GOD I am so glad I didn't have to wait any longer for another one of these :punk2

but I also do like the more "serious" Punk more.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
His "angry face" is still the most hilarious thing on TV, but yeah I enjoy him way more as a serious asskicker than as a tattoo, douchebag Cena type face.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Whats the point of dragging this feud any longer? Jericho has been a total failure. I guess at Extreme Rules Punk will finally have a 40 - 50 min match against jericho and beat him for the final time, after whichthe brock and punk feud will start.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Serious Punk is awesome. He has really sold it all that its not about being the "best in the world" anymore, it's not about the belt, its about him kicking jericho's ass all over Chicago. And he has made that clear.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The main problem with punk was he never sold anything the opponent threw at him,but he is selling jericho's insults pretty well the match at ER will be awesome!

·
Registered
26 Posts
They don't let CM Punk use nearly enough good comebacks against Jericho. He is not suited to playing the stoic victim who just threatens their tormenters with tough talk. He should spray Chris Jericho with maple syrup or something.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Cena looks like Frankenstein's Monster and HHH looks constipated.

·
Haters gonna hate
118 Posts
Loving Punks work, but I want him to sit in the middle of the ring with his pipebomb and own shit again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts