• Silly

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this in the Muppets thread, and I've noticed that there seems to be two sorts of fans.

One type of fan likes the over-the-top theatrics and elaborate storylines that make up Sports Entertainment while the other wants wrestling to be portrayed as a sport.

So, what type of fan are you? Serious or goofy?

·
Asuka
96,241 Posts
Entertainment, by far. I couldn't give a fuck about wrestling as a "sport". It isn't one, and no matter how serious they treat it, it's always going to get laughed at next to real sports like MMA and boxing, so they shouldn't even try it.

I don't know if goofy is the right word for it, though. I can't stand most comedy characters like The Rock and Zack Ryder. I can if they're actuallly funny, like Kurt Angle circa 2000, but it's rare you'll ever find one that good.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps silly is poor word choice. Do you prefer the RoH style "Real Sport" attitude or the WWE style "Soap Opera with chairs" attitude. I find WWE inherently silly (not like that's a bad thing) and thus that's how I name it.

Theatrical would be the superior word.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I don't know if goofy is the right word for it, though. I can't stand most comedy characters like The Rock and Zack Ryder. I can if they're actuallly funny, like Kurt Angle circa 2000, but it's rare you'll ever find one that good.

wait, what?

You don't/didn't find the Rock funny?

·
Asuka
96,241 Posts
Well, I'm not 6, so no.

He's one charismatic motherfucker, I'll give him that, but the shit that came out of his mouth was just...too much for me. I found him boring, which is kind of a shame because in theory, he should've been one of my favourites based on my usual things I like in wrestling, and objectively, I can see that he was extremely exciting for the vast majority of fans and brought a ton of energy into the product, but yeah. Not for me. I was always a HARDCORE Stone Cold Steve Austin fan, I'm not sure if that contributed to why I didn't like The Rock, because they were always feuding, maybe part of it is a subconcious thing like that, :confused: but yeah, didn't find him funny, didn't find him entertaining. As I said, though, objectively, I can see why he became as big as he did. I'm not gonna pretend that he's a goof like Hulk Hogan where there's just no reason whatsoever why he should be popular, Rock actually WAS good at what he did, just not my cup of tea.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Serious Sports Entertainment.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I prefer a balance, as wrestling has a place for both the Daniel Bryans and the Doinks, but right now WWE can't get either right. Their wrestlers look like they're serious athletes and are mostly devoid of personality (not that the wrestlers themselves have no personality, they're just so sterilized and restricted that it doesn't show), whilst the "goofy" stuff is often the most childish crap you can imagine.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Doesn't matter but if Awesome Truth doesn't show on RAW again this week...

WWE is missing out on a possibly highly memorable Miz/Kermit scene + DA TRUTH

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
I just like being entertained. I can tolerate some "silliness", but not when it takes over the entire show. Like, if they were to give us 2 hours of Santino, I'd probably watch the first 20 minutes, then get bored and change the channel, but even at that point, it depends on what's being presented.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It should have abit of everything. Everything from sad things,to serious stuff, to funny things.

It's great watching things like r-truth promos,but also good to watch some serious intense promos like hhh/punk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can't take the main event angles seriously if they're all goofy. In the words of Chris Jericho, "Wresling's supposed to be fun". I agree completely, but it can't be all about goofy Santino's beating up goofy bad guys. Serious, please.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts