Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WWE needs to go back to how they used to with their ppvs. It would start with an actual brand extension again. Make each show seem important in its own way. Next, let each brand keep their own title, a top goal of each wrestler on that brand. Now here is where we go back in time. Have every other ppv be for either Raw or SD! and have the main four be for both. This allows for each title to get the chance to main event, more midcarders can develop and get the time to shine, feuds can have the time to develop, and three ppvs in a row wont have the same matches. Thoughts?

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I wouldn't mind that because it would give the midcard/lower midcard more oppertunity to show themselves off and create storylines.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
I'd like it, but the first one (at least) for both shows would probably kinda suck because the mid card is DEAD atm and they would need time to build it back up.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ahhh, I remember those days well. The days where WWE had enough star power and talent, each brand could justify its own PPV. Wow how things have changed.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The WWE needs to go back to how they used to with their ppvs. It would start with an actual brand extension again. Make each show seem important in its own way. Next, let each brand keep their own title, a top goal of each wrestler on that brand. Now here is where we go back in time. Have every other ppv be for either Raw or SD! and have the main four be for both. This allows for each title to get the chance to main event, more midcarders can develop and get the time to shine, feuds can have the time to develop, and three ppvs in a row wont have the same matches. Thoughts?
have you watched anything from the last 10 years. cause it was abundantly clear back in 2007 or whenever they dropped exclusive ppvs the talent was not there and still isnt.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you watched anything from the last 10 years. cause it was abundantly clear back in 2007 or whenever they dropped exclusive ppvs the talent was not there and still isnt.
The talent can be there. Several mid card guys have huge potential, but if you arent a secelt few wrestlers, you dont get a time to shine. That is the point of having longer feuds and seperate ppvs.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Smackdown '06 had awesome single branded PPVs. No Mercy, Armageddon, Judgment Day, GAB had some decent stuff. Hell, No Way Out was awesome too.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
what they need to do is build their mid card again. select a group of guys push them heavily for-year or 2 if it works great if not move on to the next lot and try again.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Vengeance 03, Vengeance 05, a lot of 2006 SD stuff and Raw had a couple of good ones should be enough reason for them to split the PPVs again. They're not going to find instant main eventers, they need time to develop in the lower-midcard and midcard to get the fans emotionally invested in them and their character.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
well rememberer as far as no mercy 04 the single brand ppvs were running out of steam. the ppvs for raw ddint make a good start either. so all in all it wasnt a success in my book. on top of that is the number 1 reason why ppvs buy rates have been declining was the piss poor ppvs mostly from smackdown. and as fans we felt wwe were just throwing out ppvs just for the sake of it rather giving their feuds the platform.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well rememberer as far as no mercy 04 the single brand ppvs were running out of steam. the ppvs for raw ddint make a good start either. so all in all it wasnt a success in my book. on top of that is the number 1 reason why ppvs buy rates have been declining was the piss poor ppvs mostly from smackdown. and as fans we felt wwe were just throwing out ppvs just for the sake of it rather giving their feuds the platform.
That is how I feel now. Every three weeks is a ppv and we get the same matches we just saw at the last ppv. And I have know idea why WWE does gimmick ppvs now. Not every rivalry fits every gimmick type. I think having individual ppvs for each show would add some uniqueness to the feuds and gimmick types as a whole.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
While I'd like to see a return to the brand split, I don't think separate ppv's would work, at least not immediately. The WWE would have a lot of rebuilding of talent to do before they could sell.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Vengeance 03, Vengeance 05, a lot of 2006 SD stuff and Raw had a couple of good ones should be enough reason for them to split the PPVs again. They're not going to find instant main eventers, they need time to develop in the lower-midcard and midcard to get the fans emotionally invested in them and their character.
iam sure viscera was on one of the ppvs that year. that says it all. theres no doubting some ppvs were good but if you look them together then there were more misses than hits.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That is how I feel now. Every three weeks is a ppv and we get the same matches we just saw at the last ppv. And I have know idea why WWE does gimmick ppvs now. Not every rivalry fits every gimmick type. I think having individual ppvs for each show would add some uniqueness to the feuds and gimmick types as a whole.
so do i but if the cant make combined ppvs work how are they gonna make brand specific ppvs work.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so do i but if the cant make combined ppvs work how are they gonna make brand specific ppvs work.
As some others have said, they need to build the mid card up some first. Once you have a mid card, even a tag team and divas division that people care about, separate ppvs would give them the time to have actual feuds. It would be impossible to do it right now, but in the future it could help build new stars.

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts
If they took the brand extension seriously again, I wouldn't mind this, as it would allow more superstars to make appearances on ppvs. But they would have to lower the prices badly. You can't justify 45 bucks to see half the roster.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If they took the brand extension seriously again, I wouldn't mind this, as it would allow more superstars to make appearances on ppvs. But they would have to lower the prices badly. You can't justify 45 bucks to see half the roster.
I agree completely, its just too bad we know that they would never purposely sacrifice money.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
They were good at the time, but WWE are struggling to sell PPV's with the star power they have using both shows let alone splitting it.

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts
I agree completely, its just too bad we know that they would never purposely sacrifice money.
Wish they would though, as 22.50 is half of 45, so round that up to 25, and make brand exclusive ppvs 25 or even 30 bucks. That'd be perfectly reasonable, and that would help with buyrates while WWE rebuilds both brands.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts