Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 869 Posts

·
Registered
16,723 Posts
Man, its been a while since I've been caught up with AEW as I've had some things going on personally, but WTF.

CM Punk & The Elite suspended?
Punk injured AGAIN?????
Bryan vs Moxley II?
Thunder Rosa injured?? :mad: Toni Storm interim camp?
Statlander injured??
TK let Punk say all of that?
MJF is back?

Holy shit I've only been gone for like a month and a half and shit hits the fan. I'm all caught up and binge watched now though and I'm definitely looking forward to Grand Slam.

Bryan is 100% winning. Then on to Bryan vs MJF. Even with Punk and The Elite out of the picture for now, we still have Moxley, Bryan, Hangman, MJF, and maybe even Darby Allin to hold down the main event scene, which is plenty. I'm reading through the threads on here and its laughable the takes I see from some. Bunch of simpletons and children.

One thing that I will admit though is that TK needs some help. The shows are still enjoyable for me, but at some point he's gonna need to delegate some shit and build a team to help him connect the dots with storylines. Things have been kind of messy lately Punk/Elite gone or not.
your boy Malakai is gone too :(

·
Likes wrestling....
12,963 Posts
Just now getting to watch tonight.....it's funny how different Mox and Sammy look. I mean it's like Sammy is his 15 year old nephew. I don't love either man but it just strikes me as odd how anyone takes Sammy seriously.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
I wonder whether it´s a swerve and they´ll make Matt Hardy the new leader of the House of Black. I´d prefer a debut leader next week, but at least that is a character/stable Hardy can portray better than this HFMexicO crap they tried. Also give Julia Hart some more to do. The acting during the Matt Hardy choke was good. She has good facial expressions/body language.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I wonder whether it´s a swerve and they´ll make Matt Hardy the new leader of the House of Black. I´d prefer a debut leader next week, but at least that is a character/stable Hardy can portray better than this HFMexicO crap they tried. Also give Julia Hart some more to do. The acting during the Matt Hardy choke was good. She has good facial expressions/body language.
I already lost Malakai, don't put that Matt Hardy evil on me.

·
Registered
*coin drop*
13,192 Posts
So this is the full 13-match Grand Slam card, it's stacked and will be split into separate two-hour shows (Dynamite and Rampage) like last year. The overall card is way stronger than last year, but it doesn't have a Danielson vs. Omega level dream match.

Dynamite:
  1. AEW All-Atlantic Championship: PAC (c) vs. Orange Cassidy
  2. AEW World Tag Team Championship: Swerve In Our Glory (c) vs. The Acclaimed
  3. AEW Interim Women’s World Championship: Toni Storm (c) vs. Serena Deeb vs. Athena vs. Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D.
  4. ROH World Championship: Claudio Castagnoli (c) vs. Chris Jericho
  5. AEW World Championship: Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson
Rampage:
  1. Action Bronson & Hook vs. Matt Menard & Angelo Parker
  2. Wardlow & Samoa Joe vs. Tony Nese & Josh Woods
  3. Grand Slam Golden Ticket Battle Royale – Winner gets a World Title shot
  4. Rey Fenix vs. Jungle Boy
  5. Sting & Darby Allin vs. House of Black
  6. TBS Championship: Jade Cargill (c) vs. Diamante
  7. Eddie Kingston vs. Sammy Guevara
  8. Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Ricky Starks

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
So this is the full 13-match Grand Slam card, it's stacked and will be split into separate two-hour shows (Dynamite and Rampage) like last year. The overall card is way stronger than last year, but it doesn't have a Danielson vs. Omega level dream match.

Dynamite:
  1. AEW All-Atlantic Championship: PAC (c) vs. Orange Cassidy
  2. AEW World Tag Team Championship: Swerve In Our Glory (c) vs. The Acclaimed
  3. AEW Interim Women’s World Championship: Toni Storm (c) vs. Serena Deeb vs. Athena vs. Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D.
  4. ROH World Championship: Claudio Castagnoli (c) vs. Chris Jericho
  5. AEW World Championship: Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson
Rampage:
  1. Action Bronson & Hook vs. Matt Menard & Angelo Parker
  2. Wardlow & Samoa Joe vs. Tony Nese & Josh Woods
  3. Grand Slam Golden Ticket Battle Royale – Winner gets a World Title shot
  4. Rey Fenix vs. Jungle Boy
  5. Sting & Darby Allin vs. House of Black
  6. TBS Championship: Jade Cargill (c) vs. Diamante
  7. Eddie Kingston vs. Sammy Guevara
  8. Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Ricky Starks
Every match on Dynamite being a title match is definitely a first for AEW. That is great and I am excited for this show. I think the open Dynamite with the Tag Title match and follow it up with Pac/OC. The crowd should be hot for both.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
22,483 Posts
They can advertise fucking pockets but not Wardlow. And the spoiler is just bad. He should be defending his title there.

The booking just gets worse and worse.
Nah, booking Orange Cassidy on weekly TV is a really good decision (y)

Wardlow will be just fine being in that tag match.

Thankfully, both men are involved in the right matches.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Just passed 12,000 sold I believe. They did ca. 19,000 sold last year but it was a first-time market and ticket prices are much higher this time. This show will have fewer in attendance but make more money (AEW's fourth million dollar gate).
Bruh that's facts, walking around or moving on the concourse was literally impossible last year. So many people. 🤣

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Just passed 12,000 sold I believe. They did ca. 19,000 sold last year but it was a first-time market and ticket prices are much higher this time. This show will have fewer in attendance but make more money (AEW's fourth million dollar gate).
Oh that's not bad

Surprised though was expecting a near sell out like last year but as you say prices of tickets are a factor.

·
Registered
25,502 Posts
It's sad but I'm not excited at all. AEW has done everything it could to drive me away.

MJF should cash in. At least Danielson needs to win cleanly so we can get a feud with him and MJF for Full Gear.
driven away… yet here you are

how does that work bud? Watching with 1 eye over your shoulder or something while cooking?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Danielson vs Mox to start the show commotion in the back Bryan is down from a surprise attack and clutching his ankle
decision is made to allow the match to take place in the second hour to allow Bryan to possibly be ready ( also providing a storyline thread through the show) w regular check in reporting

The Acclaimed vs Swerve/Lee goes on in its place allowing the audience to stay Hot

time for the main event Wild thing plays Mox out to the ring announcers have breaking news Bryan cant go

MJF makes his entrance thx to the chip

MJF your New AEW World Champion to close out the show

The Firm revealed as the ones jumping Bryan

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I know the circumstances are suck, but this world title match has no heat and is mostly riding off their fkn WWE careers to make a story here.
They had the chance to put another heel in the tournament that could give us a heel vs face match in the final, but here we are again with a face vs face world title match.

• Facepalm
Reactions: Lorromire

·
Registered
*coin drop*
13,192 Posts
Don't really know who this is, but...

DJ Whoo Kid Announced As Special Guest Announcer For AEW’s (All Elite Wrestling) 2nd Annual Grand Slam at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York

WHO: Legendary Shade 45 DJ/Radio host DJ Whoo Kid & AEW (All Elite Wrestling)
WHAT: DJ Whoo Kid has been chosen to be a special guest announcer for a match on AEW’s Grand Slam.
WHEN: Wednesday September 21st, 2022 at 8pm (Live) & Friday September 23rd at 8pm (Live To Tap)
WHERE: Arthur Ashe Stadium (124-02 Roosevelt Ave, Flushing, NY 11368) – Dynamite
Live on TBS (9/21) and Rampage on TNT on (8/23)
WHY: Legendary Shade 45 DJ/Radio host DJ Whoo Kid has been chosen as a special guest announcer for the second annual AEW Grand Slam at the sold-out Arthur Ashe Stadium in Queens, NY. This is the one night a year when the superstars of AEW take over New York City, the mecca of professional wrestling. This show will also feature another Hip Hop personality, rapper Action Bronson as he makes his in-ring debut for AEW teaming up with AEW star Hook.

QUOTE: “I’m excited to be a part of this event. It promises to have a lot of surprises in store. As a radio personality and co-host, I’m looking forward to branching out and announcing a wrestling match. I hope this is just the beginning of my being part of the AEW family.”

·
Registered
*coin drop*
13,192 Posts
The other three $1m gates (all this year) were PPVs, so this would be the first TV event to hit that landmark.

A bit disappointed AEW have taken the route of prioritizing profits over butts in seats, but that's business I suppose. WWE and other companies do that. They'd rather have 12,000 fans than 20,000 fans if the 12,000 fans earn them more money. It prices out the lower income fans, just like what has happened here with the Premier League.

21 - 40 of 869 Posts