Wrestling Forum banner

Seinfeld vs. Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Total voters
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Yes, Curb can be a bit cringey at times and makes you feel some sort of second-hand embarrassment when watching Larry David throwing his tantrums, but I think that's the point. You're supposed to think he's a weird autistic billionaire who doesn't understand certain social conventions and rules and is out of touch with the world.

It's scary, but the older I get the more I relate to Larry David and George Costanza... differences aside, that is :lol
Oh absolutely. That's the hook with Curb. It makes you squirm in your seat as Larry navigates his weird life.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I can't believe I forgot to mention this. Here's my Curb story...

I actually proposed to my wife during an episode of Curb, sort of. She really gets uncomfortable watching the show and doesn't really like it because of that. So one summer 5 years ago she had just gotten back from a week-long cross-state bike ride. She was exhausted and sunburned and just wanted to curl up on the couch. I suggested that we watch some Curb DVD's. She kind of rolls her eyes but is too tired to object. Little did she know I made a DVD with photos and videos of us together but put the intro to the Curb DVD as the opening screen. It played the theme song on a loop just like the DVD and played scenes from the show! I went to the other room, to get a snack ***wink wink*** and asked her to start the show and the rest is history. :cozy

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Yes, Curb can be a bit cringey at times and makes you feel some sort of second-hand embarrassment when watching Larry David throwing his tantrums, but I think that's the point. You're supposed to think he's a weird autistic billionaire who doesn't understand certain social conventions and rules and is out of touch with the world.

It's scary, but the older I get the more I relate to Larry David and George Costanza... differences aside, that is :lol
Absolutely it's a lot of cringe humour and the non-likeability of LD being funny, but for me after about 5 seasons it just became too much of the same thing with him.

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
Both are very funny, and Curb is closer to Larry David's own vision, but Seinfeld had the strength of Jason Alexander and Julia Louis Dreyfuss who are absolutely two of the funniest physical comedians of their era (Michael Richards' slapstick Kramer was too cartoonish for me).

A lot of what made Seinfeld great was George and Elaine's faces and body language during their awkward moments, which they had absolutely mastered.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts